AMD Catalyst 11.11 WHQL (8.911.0 October 25) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    11.11 whql + 11.11 cap1 - BF3 Performance

1920x1080, everything on ultra, no AA and no motion blur I get 80-115 fps, I haven't seen it dip below 80 and both gpu's 95-99% usage.

Same setup with v-sync runs a constant 60fps, with the ODD dip to 58-59 (unnoticeable)

Same setup with 2xAA fps drops drastically down to 25-30fps. Not a big deal as it looks great to me without it, but it would be nice for that extra eye candy. No stuttering so far and no flickering of any sort.

So far this is the best performing driver+cap for me in BF3. Thanks asder00!!!
    Also ULPS disabled and hyperthreading enabled.

2. cachudo

cachudo Guest

GPU:
    Mobilty Crossfire 5870
    Same here also, no go, blue screen on startup. Also, i tried to download right from website and though it says 11.11, when downloading its 11.10. Hmm, looks like they borked these up for us mobile ppl. Thanks amd!

3. dmanna80

dmanna80 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Performance way up in BF3 for me with 1 5870. I am coming for 10 preview 3. I can now apply AA 2x and max out everything to ultra and get very smooth game play it never dropped below 45 fps. With 1 card much better for BF3.

4. Zybane

Zybane Guest

GPU:
    Quad SLI 3GB GTX580
    I am so ****** sick of AMD. With the 10.10 drivers when enabling portrait Eyefinity my computer crashes. With these 11.11, enabling Eyefinity just results in three duplicated displays and there is no way around to get Eyefinity to work.

In over 20 years of heavy computer use, I have never seen another company even approach the level of the AMD driver teams incompetence.

I seriously hope nVidia crushes AMD during the next generation card release and AMD as a company dies. Then nVidia can have a monopoly and charge $2k for GPUs. At least we wouldn't have to deal with AMD drivers anymore which would make the cost worth it!

5. Tmax

Tmax Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5870 Crossfire
    11.11 with CAP1 did stabilize my 5870 CF system. It still stutters from time to time in BF3 however, it is better than it was before. It no longer crashes in the middle of game. That was my biggest issue. I am glad that has been corrected.

6. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    lol puss*es go cry somewhere else.

7. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Removed

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  8. cowman

cowman Guest

Don't feed the tr0ll.... Nothing to see here move along.

9. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    You could choose NOT to buy AMD ever again. Just saying...
    It'd be stupid to think that monopoly will be better for consumer

10. Zybane

Zybane Guest

GPU:
    Quad SLI 3GB GTX580
    Newbs with computers from 2004 need not apply.

Oh, when you waste as much time as I do trying to get AMD drivers to work, boy you would understand. Not to mention when it is things that they break with "new" drivers even when they were working fine in the past....

11. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    I'm so sure you actually have quad SLI 3GB 580s yet you claim to use AMD cards and attempt to get eyefinity working...yeah so sure of that I am.

12. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    But if they have a monopoly then they won't have to care about quality either as they would be the only ones around. Not to mention it would also give Intel monopoly of desktop processors, so they also could start charging ridiculous prices as well.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Wow, they only admit to breaking 4 games with this release. Nice, better than the usual 10.

It's been like 5 releases since they broke MLAA. I guess this means MLAA will be left half-assed forever now? Nice going AMD. Here I thought it was outrageous that nVidia left custom resolutions permanently broken on the GTX 200 series, AMD refuse to be outdone in the driver incompetence field.

14. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    well it may be true it's time to put an end to capitalism as we know it when u see all it manage to produce is a choice between two half assed products or an overpriced one ...

and about the AMD driver situation, blind yourself all you want but the situation is getting totally ridiculous, 7 to 8 drivers/fix release a month and it's a bugfest getting worst with every new one.

this is nothing new, the situation is the same for more than 10 years. but i mean EXACTLY the same ! i remember myself in my parent house with a face full of zits building ATI driver files by files to get maybe half of my games to run decently. i'm now 30, maried and with 2 kids, and i still have to do it to run BF3 and rage at the same time when they got released 2 months from each other ?? oh and it only got worst cause now we have to deal with lack of crossfire profile on top of it ??

this is a sad joke in this day and age, it may have passed in the win95 era, but now sorry ATI it doesn't cut it. there's a CLEAR and REAL problem in the AMD driver departement.
    you can say it's trolling all you want, still no amont of fanboyism is going to change anything the facts and only make people more enraged by the situation they're left in.

is it really that hard to keep the fixes from a release to another ? and to not break 5 things to fix one ?? can't you just, you know, leave it alone ffs ?? maybe when they promised us a whole new driver architecture they should have actually DONE IT instate of just a fancy 150mb ram usage .net control pannel ??

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Downloaded and installed over the top of the Mobility 64 11.10 package and no problems whatsoever.

16. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Man am I lost. Just uninstalled 11.10whql, Done a driver sweep in safe mode, installed 11.11whql. But. it doesn't want to install the driver, and it doesn't show up in the package. I 100% know what my next card is.

I just click. AMD aren't releasing a new/updated driver with every package they release. I've downloaded quite a few versions, and the driver is missing in some. Unless I'm missing something. Screw you AMD. :biggun:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  17. Zybane

Zybane Guest

GPU:
    Quad SLI 3GB GTX580
    Well said.

18. Zybane

Zybane Guest

GPU:
    Quad SLI 3GB GTX580
    I guess you have never heard of the amazing concept of more than one computer! *gasp*.

19. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Tried it on both rigs. My 5750 runs the same, and my 6950 xfired seems to be silky smooth, though I'm still getting that black screen issue with BF3 (Is that a game issue or a drive issue?)

20. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Hey asder00, can you please put up a link for the mobility 64x driver please. For some reason the package I downloaded of AMD is missing it, so can't update from 11.10. Thanks