MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 8 (2011-10-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 2, 2011.

1. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    He unwinder , a question:
    This is my problem and occured with driver 280... and up.
    Example if you set in nibitor 1.013V it will read out in software like AIDA64 and MSIAfterburner as 1.025V (so one voltage step higher) but in GPU-Z it still reads out the correct value from the bios , in this case 1.013V.

The problem is when the bios voltage settings are not the same as the nvidia default bios.

This is what ManuelG of NVIDIA had to say about it :

Quick update on the changes in the way the voltages are being reported in GPU utilities. This is not a bug and actually corrects the way the voltage is communicated to 3rd party GPU utilities. The older drivers (pre-R280) had a couple bugs which didn't round the voltages in the Perf and CVB tables to the board values in the SW caches of the Perf and CVB tables. When those values were actually applied to the HW, they were rounded up to the correct board values. The new 280.19 driver fixed that issue to make sure that the code only cached the true board voltages. However, in both cases the values which are applied to the GPU are the same so the only difference is the voltage that is displayed to the user. The actual GPU voltage has not changed from 275.50 to 280.19. We have verified this ourselves.

So is there a way for afterburner to show the bios settings like they really are like GPU-Z ?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Bad idea. No voltage control tools EVER work with BIOS. And they will always use driver values as is.

3. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Ok , thanks , it's not a big problem.
    The VVDC in GPU-Z gives me the exact voltage read out.

It is just wierd , if I don't change voltage settings in bios the read out is the same as the bios voltage setting.
    But if I change the bios settings even one step the read out is one step higher from the modded bios voltage setting.

Any way THANKS for the info.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    so we have new ab this weekend right?

5. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    Hello,

I got some problems with profiles, when i click on profile number on main screen MSI Afterburner crashes (exits to desktop), it does it whenever im saving or just try to load profile, just happen when i click on number from 1 to 5. . I tried running as admin but it does not help.
    Anybody know what should i do ?

Thx in advance

6. Bugzzz

Bugzzz Guest

GPU:
    w/e
    Does it affect the video capture performance? If yes, what kind of impact? insignificant, marginal, considerable? Can you give an example?

Also you mentioned new video formats could be unlocked, but there's only one present, MPNG. You mentioned formats, so how can we add more? say, google's VP8 or Theora or any other.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  7. dimka11

dimka11 Guest

GPU:
    xfx hd4650 1gb
    How to open a hidden
    video settings?

8. dimka11

dimka11 Guest

GPU:
    xfx hd4650 1gb
    disabled fan control. how to unlock? nvidia gt540m

9. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    mobile graphics cards are not supported...I think...

10. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Not officially, anyway. As long as I use CCC 10.5 (or older) I can use it with my Mobility Radeon HD 2600. As to disabled fan control, that is a limitation of your laptop manufacturer, not MSIAB. In my case, for example, the CPU and GPU heatpipes use the same fan, so it only ramps the fan up when the CPU gets past 65ยบ C.

11. z7x

z7x Guest

GPU:
    HD7990 6GB
    Hey guys,

I have this version of Afterburner, and saving profiles works, but when I click on the profile number, Afterburner crashes :/

I have Sapphire Ati HD6990 Driver: 7.14.10.0867. Catalyst 11.10 on maximus iv extreme.

Any ideas?

12. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Are u sure the profile setting is workable?

13. z7x

z7x Guest

GPU:
    HD7990 6GB
  14. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Anyone having a problem with fan jumping to 50% after a reboot? This is on a Radeon 5850 with Catalyst 11.11 previews. I usually have to re-enable overclocking profile 1 (default settings) and then click apply for auto fan speed to go back to 25%. Should I reinstall MSI maybe and delete my 3 profiles and start again?

Searching Google, it looks like it's an issue that has cropped a few times in the past for people.

15. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    Hey unwinder, is it possible to add a 2nd record device.
    For example I'm recording game sound, but I also want to record my microphone.

Because when I'm playing with friends we use teamspeak 3, and when they talk it gets recorded but the people who watch the video can't hear me so its a little bit strange for them.

I've seen support for this in xfire video recording, but afterburner has much better recording options so I don't use xfire:p

16. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Pestul: It happens to me randomly when starting a 3D game. Turning off User Define, and then turning it back on, fixes the problem.

17. Unwinder

Searching google will always give you links to other users starting multiple tools controlling the fans at Windows startup at the sane time. If you unlock overdrive in CCC and cause it to override fan settings, no need to blame Afterburner for it.

18. Unwinder

Possible but not planned.

19. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    Is it only me that experience crash in Battlefield 3 with msi afterburner running in background?
    I did NOT have this problem though on my older P45 system, it started after I upgraded to i5 lga1155.
    I can play 30-60 minutes, and then the comp freezes totally. This does not happen if using the afterburner, but then there is the overclock limit that can't be removed...
    Why is this happening? :(

20. jozef1605

jozef1605 Guest

A have same problem after restarting, fan is set to 50% and i must reenabling auto fan. Any ideas?