Modern Warfare 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sublime20, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    love MW3. nough said.

2. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

There really isn't significant separate information for almost any of the BF3 or MW3 threads. A lot of them are things that'd be better as posts within the existing threads.

- PR-0927

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I thought you were on topic right there hahaha

4. tvavra

tvavra Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX460 768MB
    crappy game... dunno if error is on my side but the graphic is a lot wors then MW2 ( blurry, low textures...) and i got everything on max... disappoint

5. deets75

deets75 Guest

switch to native and see if that helps?

Im a complete COD noob, first time Ive ever played it and to be honest I am enjoying it :) I am a true BFBC2 fan at heart and only tried COD as I got it cheap and the arcadey feel is quite fun for what it is.

no way on earth its worth £40 though but I wont pay that for any game these days

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Change image quality to native. On extra it only runs at lower resolution and upscale, making everything double fugly.

7. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    well i named this thread aptly to be the "Official Thread" so it shall stay (at least that would be common sense.....)

back on topic again:

anyone figure out a good all around weapon choice for survival?

personally i find the automatic shotguns and a machine pistol to work rather well throughout the levels AND once you can establish a perimiter with a couple of sentry turrets/sentry grenade launchers and a squad with riot gear, all you need is a really tough shotgun and nades..topping it off with a machine pistol and your golden!

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    wow didn't know, i set it to native and now the game looks much better! [​IMG]

thanks.

9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    P2P matchmaking? Game is fail.

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    lol oh dear..

Hope that the SP campaign is worth the $ in that case..

11. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

Only 4-5 hours.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^If your playing on default settings, ramp it up to vet and you enter a diffrent game, i have been playing it since launch on vet and i have only passed the London mission, much more challanging and enjoyable on this level, and you will get your money's worth out of the game.

13. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I shouldn't need to turn up the difficulty... I hate it when people tell me that stupid excuse when developers make piss poor short campaigns/SP's.

14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    it took me like 5 and a half hours to beat the sp and I was on normal.

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    What were you expecting from another run of the mill, sequal from a sequal FPS, it does what it says on the tin, does anybody think when they buy another Cod/BF sequal they are getting anything other than exactly what's gone before..........but if you want to spend £30 on a game then run through it on default then complain about how easy it was then by all means knock yourself out....i will put in the herculean effort it take's to switch the games setting to vet and enjoy the game that way. LOL

16. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Fixed exe for performance is out.

Weird, I am getting a GSoD now, must be due to the new 265.79 drivers. Still, the textures are so bad lol, I mean wow, just wow. BF3 on low is about that level of this on Ultra(I know to select Native.)

Still, I minimized and noticed it using almost, get this, 2GB OF RAM. Haha, wow!

BF3 has 64 players, maps 10x the size, and it only uses 1.5, it has alot more to render as well, and just in general, alot more going on.

Stop using the Quake 3 Engine guys. You can only keep adding onto it so much before it's bloated like right now.

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I doubt they will or they might lose money on console sales cause for then to make a good upgrade they would would either have to use a killzone 2/3 type engine to bring up picture quality and still have good performance or cut out consoles period and they wouldn't do that.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's a known issue that CoD sp is pretty easy and over fast if you don't raise the difficulty. They wanted it to be like this as all types of casuals play it.
    If you raise difficulty to veteran, try to get all achievements and search for all intel the campaign can easily take 15 hours. So if you don't want a challenge, don't blame the game for it (BF3 is much easier on its hardest setting and doesn't have any kind of special challenges so it's always over after a few hours).

19. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    good game ruined by people sitting in corner with sights up.....walk round corner bam dead...this happens every game.....nice one CAMPERS

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Um, that's what you get when you design box type maps with lots of places to hide, and no real objective.

That's the point of the game. I think you got the wrong game. Heard of BF3? It may be more your style.