Things that go bump in the night.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Whew, so maybe I'm just paranoid, but tonight was beeeen scary. I was in the Kitchen cooking up some supper and heard footsteps from the other room; of course no one was supposed to be here, so I called out, no response, looked in the room, nothing, went back to prepping supper, heard it again, saw the front door slightly open, well, not 'open', but like...not closed, either. Closed it, locked it, checked all rooms and locked all the doors I could.

Then I heard some pounding on some of the walls. I know it's just paranoia, but man lol, it is freaky, my heart was beating so fast I could hear it in my ear drums.

Carried the knife I was cutting dinner with around for like 5 minutes lol. Then I heard the sound of footsteps upstairs and just shut down, finished what I had started, cooked it, ate it ,and now holed up in my room lol.

Damn you mind, for making me imagining things. I know it's in my head; but GAH!

2. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Whoa, crazy night indeed. I have had moments like that. I was sure my son was in one room that I went in talking to him and found out he was upstairs, when I clearly saw him walk in there. Mind plays tricks on the best of us. Or you do not have enough or too much beer and too little sleep. Once the brain gets tired, it will show you all kinds of crazy stuff to get you to go to sleep.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Lol. I don't drink or do drugs, I know, weird, and I get plenty of sleep. Had this happen a number of times before; but it's still always getting me.

4. *Bio*

*Bio* Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 6620G
    Thankfully

when i hear noises its usually just the dog :L

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    When i was back in my country and little there was nothing more scary than your grandmother telling you that the house where you visit her is on a very old graveyard. >_<
    I swear ive seen some stuff that are not explainable at all. And nope i am quite certain that my imagination was not playing tricks on me.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    When I was young and stupid I took all sorts of substances, I saw and heard so many things that were not real that I trained myself to think through the hallucinations clearly and sensibly, no matter how real it seemed at the time

Now when something like that happens I can generally ignore it - experience taught me to think logically and ignore my spidey senses !

If I heard footsteps in another room and the front door was open, then I would check around though, that is common sense !

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Statistically some people are bound to go loony ;)

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's a good time to go into politics, you'd fit right in!

9. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    ok now im scared thinking about it, anyway my music is on 24h, if i hear something moving "ahh, its just the bass :)"

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I've had my share of unexplained things.
    but to the OP. best thing to do is just crank up the stereo, drown it all out.
    had similar experiences a few times.

11. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    you just played too much White Night lol

12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    LoooL, i remember having those. However can u walk me through your thoughts before you started hearing those things !!! Also before going out of your room to make supper, what were you doing ?

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Watching a action movie.

14. Redawgc187

Redawgc187 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 X3
    Some scientist believe under the correct circumstances that certain environments can create what seems like a vcr playback of past events. It has something to due with underground materials and the Earths magnetic field or it could be you are around some high EMF's causing hallucinations. Have you experienced any headaches or nausea while around your stove before?

15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    No, nothing really like that. But I understand what you mean'; I've often thought Ghosts might be the left over brain waves of people, they say they persist for 9 months after someone dies, so who knows?

16. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
  17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  18. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Watch Paranormal Activity 1,2 & 3

That'll calm you down and sort your head out......,,,,,

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I looked at those. Pretty ****ty movies if you ask me. A real joke and insult to anyone who believes in the paranormal like I do.

20. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Cooking at the end of the day when the house is cooling and settling. You also mention the door was cocked open, you probably didn't close it when you came inside. Either one of these can cause the house to make noises, which are easier to notice when you're alone and it's quiet.

"Yeah, but I closed the door! I know I did!"

Done that before, the lock clicks but doesn't catch. It's best when it happens at night and a slight breeze bursts the door open all of a sudden.