Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by racofer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    just one thing to say

aurora borealis PRICELESS smoked a cigar drink my coffee sat down on a rock and watcher for half and our :)

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Just interrupt it with your shield, IF ur a shield user ofcourse :D
    Oh and the mammoths helps them also... if you attack a giant nearby one.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you guys think it'll be possible to max out every perk in the game? with these infinite quests?

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

What do u mean interrupt it?

Giant ONE-SHOTED him ROFL

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Someone should add all the New Vegas content to the game as well. It's all compatible based off initial checks people have been doing, you can load it the same as a mod, but putting it INTo the game would be interesting, lol.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    guys, has anyone bought a house yet? if so, where?

7. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Yep, bought one in whiterun.

And you won't be able to get all perks (in a vanilla game) as there are too many perks per skill to get them all untill they reach 100. The max level is probably around 50 because of this, so you'll be able to get 50 perks in total.

Mods will be made that change this though. That's a certainty.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  8. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    Does anybody else have an issue with the textures on mountains in the distance constantly flickering?

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0lWqjceJw

Any way to fix this? It's extremely obvious and annoying.

9. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Weird. If you're using custom ini settings, roll back to the default inis and see if you get that problem with any of the presets. That way you can narrow down the cause - if it's any of the settings.

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    not sure if its been posted. but i found that if you type "help" then a keyword in console, it will bring up the command(s) for the related word.
    But if i put any command in the .ini file..will it still work? i wanted to keep a FOV of 90

11. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Haha yeah that giant totally kicked my ass. I'm playing on expert and that affords a solid level of difficulty. I'm using 2 handed weapons right now. Not sure which I like most, and I don't really like I have to specialize in one of them for the perks. That may change once I figure out that I like smashing faces with warhammers... or stabbing people through the chest with greatswords... you know how it is!

One thing I absolutely wish this game had was key bindings/save games per character. It's rather annoying to have to change back all my controls and difficulty levels after my sister plays, and same for her.

12. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    Happens with an unedited .ini, so I'm inclined to believe it's a problem with the way the game renders distant textures - turning the 'Distant Object Detail' to Medium from the launcher can make it less noticeable, as it replaces the more detailed textures with a more uniform one, but the flickering can still be seen, although it's not nearly as blatant.

Can somebody try going to.. I think it's Whiterun, and running towards those same mountains to see if they experience the same kind of flickering? That spot is right near the tower just outside of Whiterun where you encounter your first (or I guess second?) dragon.

Would be much appreciated if somebody who doesn't experience that flickering could post what drivers they're using, and perhaps their .ini settings.

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I get C2D once in a while. Annoying, annoying, annoying. On top of that voices aren't loud enough and for some very weird reason my keyboards volume control doesn't work when playing this. The game is my personal GOTY anyway.

[​IMG]

Same thing happened to me.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  14. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yep, i get those too. Just random CTD's. The game also "ALT-TABS" randomly. I had that during a dragon fight once, very annoying. It also happens while standing still doing nothing so that counts out a bad key combo.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    @Anarion - I took the same screenshot at night as the one you posted, pretty much identical angle, looks exactly like that. what FOV are you using? and has anyone bought a house? I just got to lvl 12, have some spare cash so I could buy one. Not sure whether to buy it in Whiterun. Want to have a place in a nicer place, not sure how many nice towns there are in Skyrim.

Also, have you guys spent money on weapons/armor? I personally always prefer to find my own gear. Almost never buy it in RPGs. One thing annoys me a little bit, I'm playing Shield/Sword and I keep finding 2 handers most of the time, actually, can't even remember the last time I found a half decent one handed weapon.

16. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    i see some users in lots o places that are b*tching about the consolized interface and such, i actually b*tched about it at first as well just because its different from the previous games or other game. After getting used to it, i tried to replay the game from the beginning with not thinking of it too much and wow, did i missed a lot of experience, and it felt different too since i took a different aproach hehe.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    go to c:\users\****\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\ and edit Skyrim.INI.

add fdefaultfov=90 to the bottom of it, save, then read only the file. That will give you constant FoV of 90. I'm using 90 too.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Fov 80. Yeah, I usually loot my armour too.

19. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    It's funny, I the giant trolls are far more difficult opponents than the dragons. I've killed a few giants on expert difficulty. I use dual wielding spark spell and lure the troll so that I have some decent clearing space. Then I shout with the force. Dude is destroyed.

BTW, my configuration launcher is not working. Is there a way for me to get Ultra settings without it ?

20. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    No house yet... I'm level 7 only but I just have the cash for the Whiterun house. I'm going to buy a house up north though. I want it to be dark, cold and snowy outside when I enter my cozy hut, tired from all that travelling :p. Hoping I can find a house with an alchemy lab in it.

I haven't had the need to buy weapons or armor yet. But I hope I will, I like it when some merchant has some uber weapon or piece of armor that perfectly suits my character and it costs so much I have to make some cash before I can buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.