Asus 6970 Direct CU II overheating

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by eue, Nov 5, 2011.

1. eue

eue Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti SC+
    can you tell me your temps in furmark please... you have a similar directcu 2 card and i am realy afraid to be wrong because i already have a rely bad discussion whit the owner of the store... by the way how do i remove this forum case they are viewing on web this problems and i am afraid they see this tread

2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    how many coolers does your case have? and how many intake and outtake?

the fact that the stock card was cooler at 100% than your directcu is because the stock card pushes all the hot air out of your case while your directcu pushes most air inside the case.

try to leave the side panel open so as not to damage your card.

3. eue

eue Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti SC+
    tested on an corsair 600t whit edition(one of the best towers) the directcu was at 93c 94c at stock and my friend 6970 voltage tweak at stock was 91... same hardware, same conditions everything stock... and today is a cold day

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    the 600t is mid tower,try to leave the side panel open if you haven't done that already and see if the temps drop.

5. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    did you touch the heatsink while stress testing? was it really that hot to touch? maybe its a bad temp diode?

6. mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7870+2509M+2511X
    I have an ASUS 6950-yes I know you have 6970....

I have noticed even with heat pipes and 2 fans, left to it's own, it will get very hot.

Here is what I do, for normal uses, surfing the net.., I manuely set fans @30%. It keeps card nice and cool.

When I game, hellgate london online, everything maxed in ccc and the game.
    I set gaming speeds @50-75% fan speed

7. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    thats kinda very horrible...i got the reference cards from asus and i always thought the dc 2 versions were much better..@ 50% my cards stay below 70 degrees C...i have them undervolted though(@ 1.065 volts)

8. eue

eue Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti SC+
    what a ****ty card... :puke2:

9. eue

eue Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti SC+
    so the owner of the store has made a new deal whit me... he keep the card to himself to sell and i have another chance to buy another asus directcu.... but i am afraid to be the same problem whit the new card... should i buy another directcu 2 or other grafic card? or an nvidia card? what sould i buy for 300€

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    buy a card that exhausts hot air through the back of the pc. I think you got bad airflow in that case. be it ati or nvidia, dont get another card that dumps hot air into the case. test with heaven 2.5 for stability

11. angmar

angmar Guest

dude....just adjust the damn fan profile already. Stock fan profiles suck. If I left my 480 on stock fan profile it goes up to almost 100c in furmark with a custom fan profile and overclocked it never passess 80c

12. Alkerion

Alkerion Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6970 DCII
    Buy a better chassis with decent airflow.

At idle my temp is 37°C (with 24°C ambient), fan at 10% (Auto)

My 6970 DCII is working at low temp in real world usage (max 80°C with auto fan at max 40%, totally noiseless)

BR

13. eue

eue Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti SC+
    the guy just give me the money back...
    thread closed