running @ 210x10.5 out of the box!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by serAph, May 14, 2003.

1. serAph

serAph Guest

but having some sort of driver problem.

Old MoBo:

Leadtek K7NCR18G-Pro

New MoBo:

ABit NF7-S

process used to install new mobo:

1.) uninstalled display and chipset drivers from add/remove programs
    2.) used driver cleaner
    3.)swapped mobos
    4.)rebooted
    5.)installed 2.03 and 43.45

now when I, for example, run the memory artifact tester thats bundled with Omega's drivers, the little picture that rotates stutters.

Also, i ran a 13,700. I used to run a 14,200 or so on my old system at 166x13 and Im now at 210x10.5 so I figger it should be much faster.

Any suggestions?

2. jupitersj

jupitersj Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX Black Edition
    I know it might not sound like the greatest idea, but maybe you should back up your files and format + reinstall winxp.

Even with all of your precautions, there might be some driver issues still. Motherboard is a big change, unlike a videocard...it's the heart of your system; whisper sweet nothings into it's ear and tell it how beautiful it....err maybe just a reinstall will be fine.

:p :p :p :p

jupitersj

3. serAph

serAph Guest

tried it, didnt work.

maybe I will format again... *sigh* I hate having to repopulate my harddrive...

4. steef

steef Guest

quite possibly be overvolted or getting hot, what heatsink u got? and what volts?

5. serAph

serAph Guest

hmm - dont think its that - I always have CPUCool monitoring my temps/volts - they seem to be in check - the 12v is the only abnormal thing running at only 11.73 - but I assume thats fine anyway.

I run at 53/28 under load, 45/25 @ idle with CPUCool running. Temps are fine...

im just gonna use partition magic to make a partition I can back some crap up on and reinstall windows... that should fix me right up.

6. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

It's about damn time you got 200fsb! :D

I'll bet your NB is hotter than hell at 210fsb though..

That's probably you've got the studdering problem.
    My board does the same thing past 198 or so..

Got any cooling on that thing?

7. serAph

serAph Guest

lol

26 celsius.

Stock cooling.

I think its an AGP driver thing. Uninstalled, reinstalled several times, so Im thinkin it must be driver residue from my last mobo. Or perhaps when I did that IRQ Priority thing, the IRQ changed with my new MoBo or something. Regardless, I wanna do this the right way and start from scratch - especially since Im OCD when it comes to certain things: like COMPUTERS.

8. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

26c? :eek:

How the hell is that possible!?!
    My damn nb is 30-40c all the time w/ stock cooling.. Gets hotter than hell overclocked..

Makes me want an Abit.. :(

Anyway, if think the studdering may be caused by screwed up drivers or something, then you may as well start over I guess, format and reinstall..
    Just to be absolutely sure it's not a hardware problem.
    Good luck man. :cool:

9. serAph

serAph Guest

ya I agree.

Best to be safe...

10. solvalou

solvalou Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 280 XXX edition
    You got multiplier 10.5x unlocked out of the box ? or did you do the unlock trick ? Im asking this because I also got a 2400+ and 13x is the lowest multiplier I get in bios and its a pain in the ass because Im stuck at 170 FSB and I wanna go all the way to 200.

11. serAph

serAph Guest

my old nForce2 wouldnt unlock the processor but this one does... You may have to use the 'ol rear window defogger kit thingie.

here, Ill pass a good link down. Emanon gave me this before - it may help you.

http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/TbredDecode0.htm