Nvidia GeForce 285.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 24, 2011.

1. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Game performance is very impressive with this drivers, but issues with P-States is there, at the beginning i think was Media Player Classic - Home cinema bug, because issues only appears after view a video, but in rare cases nvidia clocks change to P8-State or P12-State when a play anygame...:bang::bang:

I need more test with this drivers, Oh god give me solutions!!!!!

Sorry my english, I'm colombian guy....

2. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Will these drivers work with Windows 8 ?

3. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    Same problem here and I only got that same thing last in the 280 driver, back to 285.27 beta for me.

4. mescott

mescott Member

GPU:
    580 GTX

Yes I reinstalled the drivers. Smart Doctor isn't showing me fan settings or voltage either. Before I put the new card in, I uninstalled the current drivers, shut down, put the card in and then installed the new drivers. I guess I can either try reinstalling these drivers, or uninstall and try an earlier version?

I could play Star Craft, but only getting similar FPS to my 580. Plays okay, but I'm guessing that only one of the 590's are working? Not in SLI?

I'm very unclear about setting up SLI profiles, if that's indeed what I need to do? The 2nd card is set up to automatically select card b for physics.

:3eyes:

5. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Thanks for the reply, but please read what I actually typed. The game did not crash, the nvidia driver crash-recovered itself (therefore there is no valve game crash dump to analyze). The game is still running at that point (except for the one time there was a BSOD because the driver could not be recovered after multiple attempts), and the driver recover is logged in Event Viewer.

Anyway, this same driver recover at the same event (attempting to go back to the main menu from in-game) happens with 285.62 and the previous two 285 betas, but not with every single game session. There are also others who posted this issue with the betas, if you happened to have read through those threads during the last 2 betas.

This issue NEVER occurs with 275.33 for me. So it is a FAIL here, so sorry. :wanker:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  6. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Is there any game that 275.33 does not play well? I'm really disappointed in everything from the 28x.xx series.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I might be wrong but I think the Dragon Age II instability issue was only fixed in the 280/285 series drivers. Also Battlefield 3 has optimisations for the game in the 285.58 (Quadro) and 285.62 drivers. If you don't play either game then you should be fine.

The 285.62 drivers have been great so far on my system with most of the games I've played. I've never had TDRs nor have I noticed any power state issues either. I've never had the Windows 7 loading screen corruption issue either so I guess I've been lucky.

These drivers don't seem too great with Dead Rising 2 and its pseudo-sequel Off the Record though as I have black textureless squares when I use the floor buffer and there is texture flickering in some cutscenes such as when you come across TK loading stuff onto a train in the underground tunnel. The game has never crashed though so it is still perfectly playable. It's difficult to know whether it really is a driver issue or a game bug. I've reported it to NVIDIA anyway.

8. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Tri monitor user is in pain here !!!:bang:

9. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Suprim
    Still crashes for me in Left 4 Dead 2, usually when returning to lobby. I figured out it is a SLI issue, so i've disabled SLI when I play L4D2 but now my single card is running at 97° max and never drops down from 90°

10. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Whoohooo, fixed the VLC playback problem, that was introduced in previous beta. Yippii

11. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    I'm getting issues while looking at the sky then alt tabbing. then alt tabbing back in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMdiLLrmiFU

can anyone else try to do this a few times and see if it happens to them.

NOTE when you alt tab back in look at the ground and you will notice it. just be sure to be looking at the sky before you alt tab.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  12. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    BF3 is running great with these, no bsods or driver resets yet. Only glitch I'm getting is the black screen in movie maker, but don't really use that anyway :p Keepers for me atm.

13. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    I can't play Splinter Cell Double Agent from any driver after 270.61. And it is one of my favorite games. It took almost an year to make the game work nVidia, [from 2006 to 2007] and you broke the game again an year ago. Bastards.

<EDIT> The game is working again with the newer drivers. Just setting the compatibility on XP SP3 makes the game work again on both W7 and Windows 8. Using 306.02 at the moment. No problems.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  14. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    playing bf2,60+fps plays great. yeah I know im behind..

15. kershner25

kershner25 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB
    I have this same issue on my GTX 460 2gb. Alt-Entering to go out of full screen and back in will fix the issue. On my roommate's 560ti, same issue, but he needs to change resolution and back to fix it. We're also both experiencing a lot of artifacts of all kinds, even though neither of our cards are getting hot in the slightest.

16. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    The WORST NV driver EVER!

Causes crashes in almost all of the games I play. Doesn't produce BSOD, only the message 'app stopped responding' after some 30 seconds after entering the game...
    Damn you 285.62 - i'm off to uninstall this pile of $hitt...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  17. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    BY far, faaaaaaaaar, this is the WORST NV driver...

I have EVER encountered! No driver caused me such pains with any GeForce card ever - crashing ALL games, crashing the browsers...
    This is not a driver, this is a D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.!
    -------------
    Before, i had 285.27. I uninstalled the damn .62 and downgraded to .33 - everything works perfectly! Same symptoms with an another machine (9600GT, Core duo2).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  18. santadog

santadog Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    bad driver, for me

I get the "graphic driver has stopped responding" every now and then.

I have got that ever since 275.33...those are the only stable drivers
    i have come across so far.

I would have hoped for more when buying as an expensive card as GTX 590 :(

19. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Nothing's wrong with your card, buddy - it's a driver...

...285.62 related problem. All supported cards run perfectly with 285.33. Stick with it as long as you can (I certainly will)...

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    heh idk about you all, but they're quite good for my 570gtx, 285.27 were ok too.

285.xx bonus over 275.xx, 280.xx and early 285 betas/ .58quadro

-fixed p-state with adaptive apps, these 285.62 are the best for FF (smoothest scrolling and no gpu "overheating"), i didn't have TDR (ever with any driver so far), only P0-state bug (full3d freq.).

-fixed AO in TF2, UT3, was bugged with early 280.xx [edit: i still see some flicker but its not so bad on H.Q AO, std Quality is much worse]

-fixed Dirt2,3 or any codemasters dx11 game, no more loading crashing (any 270, 275, 280.xx driver crashed)

-good perf across all dx11 games, LP2, AVP 2010, Dirt2,3, RedFaction Armageddon, BFBC2, BF3, Crysis2, Deus Ex HR, Fear3, Metro2033.. got a small 2-3 fps boost in almost all of them, in some even more :)

-And Rage uses less ram, now i can force 16k maps (custom cfg) with 4xaa and never exceed 1024mb, before it was maxing out 1270mb.. it could be aero fault too, i've disabled it now @ Rage shortcut.

Idk about BF3 shadow bug, i think im still in 1st level.. [edit: nope i didnt have those broken shadows]

And speaking of BF3 there is a small bug with monitor Hz detection, it detects either 60.02 or 75.03hz instead of 60.00hz (5:4 reso).

It was the same with LP2 dx11, i think with one of 275.xx or 280.xx driver, same hz detection issue either 59.98 or 60.02hz - it was fixed with another newer driver (its fine now with any 285.xx).

windows boot logo artifact flash is still here, but someone said it will be fixed with 290.xx branch...

So far im looking forward to next set, finally..

then tell me why are all these TDR's happening mostly or only with 460/560 G104/114 models.. Idk about 470gtx, i guess it somehow pulled the short straw and it experienced some side effect because of these "hack fixes" for G104/G114 series.

FYI its not the first time i saw something like that.. Rememebr 258.96 driver and horrible DPC issues with most G104 chips (highly driver dependent)?

Nv's answer, make a new layer that monitors/controls it (nvidia user experience driver component) introduced with 260.xx and i remember those were some pos drivers for my old 250gts (except 263.15 tesla and later 266.58); this new nvxdsync.exe fuxed up something and still its not it, obviously because of all these numerous TDR complains..

I dont have anything against 460/560 but if they (Nv) push everything @ driver level then you know the end result.

Yes you can make a cheap gpu, cut off some parts and shift it to sw driver level.. Its a win win situation for nvidia they get the $$, but for end-user its usually a screw you lol

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011