wtf, 10.10pre3+10.9 cap3= crossfire disable in BF3 retail

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, Oct 24, 2011.

1. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    BC2 was playable since day 1. There were bugs but nothing groundbreaking.

2. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    11.10 pre3 with no caps enables crossfire for me, stuttering is very rare so far, will play more tomorrow after work. I wonder why crossfire is botched with caps installed??

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The flickering was annoying as hell

4. robotman

robotman Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 1150/6400(R9280X)
    hmm i cant uninstall cap profiles , then i get bsod lol

i am running 11.9 whql and cap3, will see how it runs, as preview 3 i could not play blackops, as i get a bsod when it tries to load.

5. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    I confirm cap breaking crossfire. I had to REINSTALL preview 3 though after removing cap 3 and rebooting. ultra @ 2560 never below 60 usually ~100; for comparison - with cap - 12 fps approx, after alt-tab-b-ing around 50 and stuttererd like mad.

6. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    I will try reinstalling preview 3. Beta bf3 worked fine for me on a single 5970, but the retail, with 2 @ 5970 in quad is completely unplayable, it stutters and lags. Like when you try to turn left or right you stick there for a few milliseconds. It's really bad.

Utiliztion is in the 70% area on all 4 gpus and fps is around 60 with ultra settings. I was close to 90 in beta on ultra with a single 5970

*edit: I tried uninstalling cap3 and reinstalling 11-10p3 but it's no better. The game is simply unplayable like this.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  7. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    Keep an Eye on vid RAM Cards with 1gb Cant really enable msaa

8. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    I did try running with AA completely disabled, low settings etc. and it has no real effect. The beta ran well but now I'm not sure what to try next.

9. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Can confirm that removing caps gives no stutter and HUGE performance increase (6990)

10. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    ATI / AMD FAILED AGAIN.... :) like iam saying eachtime this happens, ridiculous !!!
    iam staying on prev1 ..iam waiting driver from AMD !!! because ATI are mega lamers

11. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    No luck here with the older Preview2. Get to see the first few seconds of Intro and then crash to fcukery. Disabling crossfire makes the game playable, however the speed is dreadful.

I still cannot believe that there is not a proper BF3 specific WHQL driver that is perfect for Crossfire configs, AMD has done it again, BFBC2 was unplayable for the first 2 weeks, they fixed it a few months later, I was hoping we will not see a repeat of this.

12. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    someone write in twitter about the problem of the cap3? is expected a hotfix cap4 fixing the problem?

13. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Dont know, dont care really since the game runs fine without the caps... dont need anything else, its fast and smooth, 2 bad vsync is broken (locked to 60fps mega mouse lag, was fine in the beta...).

14. Evomasta

Evomasta Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970 2gb
    Anyone else's computer lock up completely after 10 mins of 64 player online play? it has happend to me all 3 times i've tried and i even turned off all my overclocks and it is still happening.

15. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    Crossfire ain't working. Infact, game won't even boot when I got it enabled.

16. bronzodiriace

bronzodiriace Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x
    unistall the cap

CFX works if you reduce the game to icon and then return to full screen mode with alt+enter isn't it?

17. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Only have 1 crash so far, reduced the OC a bit and disabled the Hyper threading and i played for a couple of hours without problems.

For the Crossfire problems, if you have the 10.10 preview3 remove the caps, when you are in game, alt+tab to start crossfire(should be working if u removed the caps imho), also change resolution to like 1680x1050 and then back to 1080p for example(that usually fixes the performance when crossfire is stuttering).

18. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Yes but remove caps make me loss other profile optimizations.I will not only play bf3.

Did someone test it with 11.9 whlq+11.9 cap 3 and the dlls from the preview3?

I played the beta like this with cap2 and dlls from preview 2 and game run smooth.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  19. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Preview 3 is working great with crossfire. Dont install or uninstall the latest cap. Disable Hyperthreading, fps were not stable with it.

In regards to BC2, it was fine for me with 4870x2+4890. There is still flickering but that occurs with multi gpu setups in certain maps.

@Kazama Not having the latest cap is not going to make a difference in other games. Whoever at AMD released the latest cap needs a kick in the head :bang:

20. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    How´s performance with a 6990 @ 2560x1600 ultra settings? are you guys getting 60fps?
    I´m about to get a 6990 cause i had to rma my sli 580.