Nvidia GeForce 285.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Thank you god!

:D

2. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wonder if its playable at 30fps. would like to play with full eyecandy.

4. stasio

stasio Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTS 450 SC
    You mean 285.58?
    Updated first post.

5. thementor

thementor Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLi
    They still crash in crysis 2 direct x 11 black screen and drivers time out and recover ...GG nvidia ...

6. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    probably need to wait 290.xx branch

7. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    but so how do you explain to me that older drivers guive at least more ten per cent of gpu usage im geting 75 80 99 dependind on the áreas and now i see the gpu usage only 66 50 and below sometimes somthing is mess up i know that my cpu is almost shi........ but like it was it was good i dindnt want more then 50 40 fps in that game its more then i need but too low o good and i say its a driver problem if we see the metro 2033 case it was almost impossible to play now you can see the game worck fine with gpu alwaws at maximum usage and when i played for the first time it was al lag and iven in normal the game runed good now i can play that game beter then crysis 2 but in older times it was crysis 2 beter to play then metro but i Guess they now what they are duing i guess

8. DarKGuru

DarKGuru Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 560 TI DCUII
    Your CPU means when you step in to a scene where the CPU needs to do more work than the GPU, your FPS Will be lower. Different games have different GPU budgets (how much the devs decide to put in a certain scene/area/game) - not all games will react as badly, and it varies throughout each games. I doubt your FPS was better before, not unless you have 1:1 accurate benchmarks + settings.

Upgrade to a 2500k, nothing in the 775 range will do better.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hopefully these drivers will fix a glitch I noticed in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record over the weekend when I used a floor cleaner and it left a trail of big black textureless squares behind. Don't recall seeing that in Dead Rising 2 but it may be an issue with the modded 285.58 Quadro drivers I was using.

10. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    core2duoE6750+260 and wonder why crysis 2 isn't running rock solid 60fps huh ? ;) i wonder why aswell lol ...:stewpid:

the lower GPU usage may be caused by the improvement with each driver version, if say you get 5% increase while using the GPU power in a game, but if your CPU is the bottleneck anyway, your graphic card will take 5% less GPU usage to render the same thing. elementary my dear watson ;)

oh and even if my english is far from perfect, i have one word for you, ponctuation ;)

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I guess still no fps limiter?

12. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I think they will put that fps limiter when the kepler arrives.

13. dec72

dec72 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 2070S
    any p0 state issues with this driver? im still using 270.61 cause all newer drivers had some state change issues i.e. never switching while im on desktop and a game in background...

14. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    thanks for the heads up...I was waiting for this not only for BF3 but for RAGE as well

"This is also the recommended and enhanced driver for Batman: Arkham City and RAGE"

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You shouldn't be seeing any if you have GPU Transcoding enabled. I haven't noticed any with any of the earlier 285 beta drivers I've been using, even when turning really fast on the spot. I play on maxed out settings at 1920x1200 with NO autoconfig file. If there is any pop in then I sure as hell cannot see it. :)

16. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Goddamn! I had my hopes up.

17. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    really ? still crysis 2 problem exist ??? no way Im gonna stick with 280.19 BETA then till BF3 comes out and i take my key.

note: for crysis 2 use 280.19 BETA. works like a charm

18. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    if got it enabled if i rotate around i see popin textures around edge off the screen nearly all the time.

19. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    I'm still using WinXP 32bit for a lot of reasons, so as long as MS cares to update this OS, so should hardware developers trough their software...

20. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    well lot of your reasons must be wrong cause i'm yet to find total incompatibility between XP and 7, and when there's one the game is old enought to work in dosbox or on virtuabox.

and there's so much weakness and security fail in windows xp i wonder why they still even try to patch them. it's something to make your stuff last as long as you can, but there you're just being stubborn for the sake of it ;)

do you even know you're wasting half of your ram by using a 32bit OS ??