NZ Win Rugby World Cup.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Pill Monster, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I know this won't interest a lot of you and I don't really care:p, but just driven back from the NZ vs France match in Auckland, wow what a nail biter...great game.

8-7 to NZ.

Credit must go to the French who were relentless with their attack and put up a solid defence.
    Well done AB's :cheers:

Any of you guys watch it?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    they had an interesting article in the WSJ about the rugby match and how dominant NZ has been. Go Kiwi's

3. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Watched it and thought France played fantastic especially in the 2nd half. NZ deserved the win due to the way they played through out the tournament. But as I said France won a lot of neutrals over during that match.

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Tbh, this was the very first Rugby game I ever watched but compared to the Football they're showing you here in the States it was awesome! :thumbup:

Lots of action, no protective gear, no constant time outs and breaks like in American Football - seems I'll be following this sport a lot more from now on. :D

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Haha....good to hear.
    Normally there are a lot more tries, last night was quite a low scoring game..

Where you be hiding mate?
    Haven't seen you round here for ages, nice to see you back again! :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    In the woodwork, I guess. :D
    I'm not sure I'll become active again like I used to but maybe I should pop up more often than I did in the last few months...

Sorry for this of topic post, everybody. :nerd:

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    it was a really good game

8. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Very hard to avoid getting caught up in the world cup atmosphere living only a few minutes from Eden Park. I am not a big fan but I ended up watching about 7 or 8 games over the tournament and found myself very much on the edge of my seat watching the game on Sunday. It definitely wasn't our best game but we deserved the win based on our performance over the rest of the tournament. It's also great to see some life injected into the city with huge visitor numbers and everybody out having a good time.

I also had a great laugh at our socially awkward Prime Minister going for the 3 way handshake at the cup presentation. What a tit.

9. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    It was the longest 3 mins of my life the french played so dirty I lost my voice a little bit after running down the street screaming VICTORY!