Fixed Rage performance but still lingering issues

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by outlaw88, Oct 22, 2011.

1. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    So when I first got Rage I had a problem with the game basically being a slideshow. I've fixed that. I'm still suffering from texture pop-in and this as well:

[​IMG]

I know there are a lot of Rage threads all over but maybe you guys could provide some direction.

2. BASGTA

BASGTA Guest

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    Turn Catalyst A.I to low.

3. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    When you say turn A.I. to low...what do you mean? Because here are the options I have for Catalyst A.I.:

Performance
    Quality
    High Quality

and there's a checkbox for "Enable Surface Format Optimization" which is not checked.

Wasn't there options to turn A.I. off (or even turn it to low) in older driver versions? Currently, I have the 11.10 preview 3 drivers installed.

4. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    weird iam not having any issues with black texture boxes poping up;-( didnt have to change any settings either just been playing game with default config all i change was put cache to full in game settings thats it

5. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I have those too. But those artifacts dissapear after a few seconds of going around. Not big deal. Before patch that didnt happened i think... And btw, there is a Rage thread already :)

6. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    They definitely don't go away after a few seconds.

7. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Ok. Well, everything is fixed now. I forgot to re-apply the patch when I re-installed the game. That actually isn't what fixed it. I went into the CCC and set everything back to defaults so I could start from scratch and that fixed it. Pop-in is gone, textures are clear and performance is great.