Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by racofer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    So you're saying that, judging from some tiny bit of ingame material, Skyrim will be worse than The Witcher 2?
    I believe you'll have to wait and play the game to make a proper statement.

So... what?

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  3. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    It's safe to assume that the pics we've seen thus far are not for the PC. It has been mentioned on several occasions that the PC version will have much better textures and other effects included for the PC. I think it's a given that it will look much better on the PC than on the console.

Those who are running down the graphics based on a couple of screenshots taken on a console should seriously reserve judgment until you see the game on the PC.

4. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    No, no ones ever mentioned that. Todd said that we get higher res textures, thats all (wich isnt a lot, the "higher res textures" of oblivion weren that of a change), along with the "more AA n AF" stuff that every dev says.

And that Beth is trying to make the game look the same on all platforms (it was more like, if it cant be done on consoles, it wont be done, Todd said that).

Oblivion looked pretty similar to the xbox thing, Fallout 3 too, Fallout New Vegas too, wtf they're going to change that with Skyrim?

You will get your static FX, no volumetric effects, limited shadows, and all the same things like consoles. Maybe exept for draw distances.

The game should be gold by now so we're pretty much getting the real thing, if they would really put something special on PC release, they'd promoting it to hell and back like Dice/EA with BF3 dont you think?

I dunno why ppl keep thinking that Beth is going to change their stuff just because. They never did anything special with PC releases, and they wont now, hype aint going to change that.

5. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    Looks about as good as modded oblivion to me from what I've seen.
    Not nearly as good as The Witcher 2 but still good enough imo. The deciding factor will pretty much be the gameplay. Hopefully it isn't all mindless.

6. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    the point is..we have no choice.. there are no alternatives, except old nostalgia which can capture us and make us play morrowind or older series..but it wont last long enough.. :)

7. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    They don't even bother to make the interface less consolize (huge UI with huge button), why would you think they will add more support for the PC version except some 'HD texture' which they use for downsizing to fit the console? TES is a console game since Oblivion tbh. The only thing that makes PC still better than the console is the modability of the PC version.

8. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Well place me in the stunned camp, console graphics or not I think the game looks stunning! I will be picking it up first day for sure. As for graphics compared to oblivion I could care less, as long as they re worked the animation i'm a happy camper. Enjoyed the first oblivion except for the stupid gates and fallout was fun. Bought new Vegas but never got into it because of the horrible animations or should I say just couldn't deal with them any more.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  9. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Agreed.

10. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They still use Havok Animations for the animations engine (the Havok Behaviour stuff that they talked about is for designing animations only), and they still look pretty... weird, for me at least. Specially in the combat, it doesnt do blends between animations good enough i think.

I hoped for some head bobbing effect that adds to the immersion also : / Oblivion felt like a camera floating around...

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://i52.tinypic.com/r2izw0.jpg

That there has been used to showcase the animations as a bit poor but it should be noted it's a rather bad example and no real indication on overall quality, just that particular grab animation being a bit basic. :)

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    you always have a choice. its up to you weather or not you want to choose it.

13. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Bethesda's dragon incinerated the motion capture device. True story.

14. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  15. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not mentioning the part in wich the dagron release the giant. I was expecting a falling animation or something but havok just kicks in and it falls like a plastic doll lol

Yay! d(^_^)b

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This the main reason I opened this thread up, I am betting for a well balanced spec sheet. As this game has been coded for consoles more than PC. Not too much to complain about seen as we still get mod support :)

17. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  18. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    System requirements from Pete Hines on Twitter:

19. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    i would really want an information what kind of boost would be going from 2gb ram to 4gb ram? Would that solve stuttering or higher fps or what?
    What i want most is sharp and real textures like modded oblivion, and i would absolutely be blown to hell if this game has texture popup technology like rage..

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    So, take those recommended, double them, then you get the requirements for Medium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.