MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 8 (2011-10-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 2, 2011.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    thanks, the new file is placed on the official website. :)

2. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Try taking a look into Anyplace Control. It is a non-free remote desktop program that works fine with Afterburner. (In my experience.)

3. VBobier

VBobier Guest

GPU:
    GTX295 x3
    While that's all well and good, I'm using 2.2.0 Beta8 on My 6 gpus and 2.2.0B8 overclocks only 4 of the 6 GTX295 gpus under Windows 7 Pro x64, the driver is 285.36, gpu-z 0.5.5 says that the 2nd or middle GTX295(a v1, the other two GTX295 cards are currently the newer v2 type of card) has no cuda support, Of course Seti@Home uses all 6 gpus. I have a thread in Cafe Seti with pics and screen grabs(One can't post there unless one does cpu and/or gpu work for Seti and have built a large enough RAC to get beyond 0, sorry but those are the rules), I just wish all 6 gpus were over clocked and this system is a test system for one that will have 6 GTX295 cards in It, all single pcb(the last one could be a dual pcb card instead), water cooled and with 2 psus, each a 1200w psu, all cards will be mounted on an EVGA P55 Classified 200 Motherboard. So far Boinc 6.10.58 works fine across the 6 gpus, I'd tried 275.33 and 280.26 too, same results, OpenCL and PhysX show up across all six gpus, just not Cuda, I may have to ask in the Nvidia forums if Cuda is tied to the Windows 7 WDDM driver max of 4 gpus or not, cause that's pretty stupid if It is. I'm currently using two psus with this system as 1050w is just not enough for 3 cards, the second psu is a spare Corsair 850w psu that I just happened to have on hand, I'd rather have a Corsair AX1200 psu or an Enermax 1350w psu in place of the two psus, but right now that's not possible right now due to My finances and I digress on that.

4. ginnoskie

ginnoskie Guest

GPU:
    Unlocked EAH6950 DCU II
    i am really confused now..I've got he latest version of MSI AB which is 2.2.0 beta 8 i have a non reference GPU Asus HD6950 DCU II 2gb (EAH6950) but i cant bump my voltage settings.it says that it supports cayman family.some said with have the same GPU they can change the voltage thru MSI AB..

[​IMG]

Im so pissed off right now i can't bump my voltage to get higher clocks..:bang:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'm also SO pissed off to read this such posts from non-reference design XFX, Sapphire or ASUS cards owners! Ask YOUR vendors to create voltage control software for you instead of asking MSI to do so! Or get an MSI or at least reference design card.

6. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    To encourage the continuously "FREE" support and get full functionalities of the product from Unwinder and MSI, next time you can consider MSI graphics card. :nerd:

7. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    my dirt3 edition also doesnt unlock voltage with ab, so i have to use trixx with max 1.18v :(
    hoping the next non-beta ab will fix me

8. Unwinder

New AB won't fix your reading skills. Try to read the last 2 posts slowly.

9. ginnoskie

ginnoskie Guest

GPU:
    Unlocked EAH6950 DCU II
    yeah I was so wrong with this card..i thought that asus supports it's voltage tweak..what a bluff..i was fooled..

I'm really sorry man..i've tried all tweaking utilities like smart doctor, trixx, GPU tweak but all of them can't bump my voltage..I've also read some forums that they can bump their voltage using MSI AB with the same card like mine (EAH6950 DCU II 2gb)..I really love MSI AB man so please.. i really need your help..:frown:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  10. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    It wont happen.

11. ginnoskie

ginnoskie Guest

GPU:
    Unlocked EAH6950 DCU II
    ok man got your point..sorry for the trouble..:cheers:

12. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    it was just a thought 'cause it worked perfect on a non-reference HIS 6870, cheers

13. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    It depends on the voltage controller used on the cards, if is the same used on the msi cards, it probably to work.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  14. Unwinder

It will work on non-reference card as long as it keeps reference voltage control circuit. Otherwise you're out of luck, custom design MSI cards are the only non-reference cards with non-reference voltage control circuit supported by Afterburner.

15. Unwinder

It won't work on non-reference card even if it uses 100% the same voltage controller like non-reference MSI card. All non-reference cards are identified and calibrated via hardware database, supporting such non-MSI cards means that MSI have to do the same for other vendor's hardware and keep database up to date for ASUS cards for example. Won't happen, sorry.

16. Camberwell

Camberwell Member

GPU:
    MSI 780 Ti SLI @ 1150MHz
    Hi, now that the Beta 8 has expired, will there be another beta available, should I just use 2.1.0 for now? Thanks!

17. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    beta 8 expires on 27/11/2011, np

18. Camberwell

Camberwell Member

GPU:
    MSI 780 Ti SLI @ 1150MHz
    Mine expired last night at 19.43 hours, I'll try to re-install...

19. Robs360

Robs360 Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx 570 1.25gb
    Hello, I'm using MJPG Compression @ 85% quality @ 60 fps. When i put the video file in windows movie make it only plays sounds and no video. I already nstalled DivX. (codec/player/web player/converter) help please.

windows 7 64bit
    Windows movie maker 2011

PS: With ab beta 6 I had video and sound in the same Windows movie maker.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  20. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Enable the downmix to stereo checkbox.