The Forza Motorsport 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by fxmercenary, Oct 12, 2011.

1. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    Its out!!! Who has it? Anyone starting up a Car Club or anything? Post here, I picked up the CE yesterday morning , but haven't had a whole lot of time to play that much because I am moving.

FxMercenary

I also play GT5 on PS3! - Gronkus

2. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    LCE pre-ordered but have to wait till friday until it's out here :(

3. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Is there a lot of vehicle customization in Forza 4? I originally went the PS3 route because GT5 had 1000+ cars (little did I know most of them were actually just different versions of the same car) and that you can really only modify "premium" cars. Anyway, I've played the heck out of GT5 and am very close to trading my PS3 for a 360 (found someone willing to do so).

Can you modify the physical appearance of the vehicles (wheels, aerodynamics, paint, etc.)? I mean, if I wanted to really Rice a car out, could I?

The only thing I know I'm disappointed about in Forza 4 is the lack of Subaru, but I can get past that.

EDIT: Just realized this list may not contain all cars...
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Cars/ManufacturerList.aspx

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Yeah that car list is not nearly complete, total amount is something around 500 plus at least six ~10pack car dlc coming in later months.
    Customization is much much better in forza and you can change wheels on pretty much any car, install some basic aero parts and on some cars there is many optional body kits to install.

5. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    MMmmm definitely going to try'n' get a hold of an Xbox this weekend. This game keeps sounding better and better.

6. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    Preordered my copy from GAME but wont pick it up till tomorrow morning. WORK I hate YOU! :(

7. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    Yes, there is. Every car can be customized. you can even overhaul a supercharged engine and make it turbo, and vice-versa. You can even do drive-train modifications (RWD, FWD, AWD)

Yes, there are over 100 different rim designs, from a bunch of real life manufacturers. There are also body kits, aero kits etc...

Subaru is in the game... I have a WRX-STI and an old blue 98 Impreza. They are going to add more with DLC, but there are about 10 different Subaru's in the game. Its best to get the Season pass for 20 bucks, and all DLC is free for the next 12 months. Every car has an interior etc...

The game is great, it's all narrated by Top Gear, and the graphics are beautiful. And yes, I own GT5 Collector's Edition for my PS3 too. I honestly would say the graphics in Forza 4 look better. Also, listening to Top Gear narrate the features on the DeLorean in the Auto-vista car mode is hilarious!

8. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Yep I'm sold on Forza 4. I found a guy who is going to sell me his Xbox360 for $65 (!!!) So I'm hoping to have Forza 4 this weekend somehow.

9. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Got my lce today and so far it's been a blast! Rivals mode is also very addictive.

10. Pupp3tmast3r

Pupp3tmast3r Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Time to start a Guru3d Car Club I guess!

11. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Did they fix the drivetrain swaps so they aren't retarded like they were in Forza 3? Somehow AWD was always superior no matter what

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    ofc AWD was superior it lowered the performance index lol. i saw some interview they changed stuff so AWD wouldn't dominate because of crappy performance index being crappy

14. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    I haven't really seen any problems with AWD in Forza 4. In fact, In races I tried to win using an AWD car in F4 (and always did in Forza 3), I had to buy US Rear-wheel cars instead, because the AWD was too slow after 70-80 mph.

The AWD cars are slower in Forza 4 this time around, because AWD has a larger class-point portion...

Let me explain...

Shelby GT 500 vs. Nissan Skyline. The Skyline R33 is around the same "B-Class" level as the Mustang, but the mustang is better on the tracks with more straight lines, has a higher top speed, and starts pulling away about halfway through 3rd gear.

Now if you are doing a Fukushima track run, pick the skyline, faster around corners, car wont spin its tires with all of the stop and go you will be doing etc...

Basically, all the career modes and online modes have a "Class Requirement Cap" (Just like Forza 3) so you have to pick the right car for the track, upgrade the right parts etc...

Very very balanced game!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  15. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I love this game so far. The driving feels sooooo much better than in GT5. The feedback you get from cars is great! The experience overall is much better (imo). I can't wait to get my 22b and do some AWD drifting. :D

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I played at cousin's house. It was overall a good copy of GT5. If you don't have either PS3 or Xbox, I would go with Xbox + good wheel + Forza 4. Otherwise, not worth the switch.

17. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I played the game on my XBOX 360. It's a very good game.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    not a copy of gt5. it's forza and will always be forza. whilst first forza was copy it's now it's own stuff. gt is gt and will be they are both in my opinion pretty different games.

atm best sim on consoles fm4. before this gt5.

19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Err, not really, Forza 4 is not a copy of gt5. It's actually a much better sim and a much better looking game. Played both so i know what i'm talking about.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So you think I didn't play both either? It IS a copy of GT. Stop fooling yourself. I said a great one tho. Some of us here have G25 wheels, and a Crapbox won't work with it. A shame really.