AMD Catalyst 11.9 [RAGE Driver] (8.892.3 October 3)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    did you make sure you got the right version? (os/x86/x64)

check page one, bishi had no issues doing it...pm him, perhaps he knows something we dont.

Ive done it in the past with no issues, but since ive installed the update, its pointless for me to try it.

report back with info for others benfit...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    Still nothing, tried the 32 bit and 64 bit drivers, also the one on mediafire.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    only thin i can suggest is to pull out the xml file as well and try that

PM bishi, see what he says...

what does properties say for version info on the dll?

4. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    I will ask again and this time i will try to be specific, 6xxx Series, people with it, have you tried this drivers and other OpenGL aplications or Games? for me its Insta System Freeze, I dont even get to see the game or anything, I tried the same package on my laptop 4650 and it works fine, I cleaned all the old drivers files, installed them clean, and nothing, DX games works but when i open and OpenGL game, Freeze. I hope someone has the same problem as me so we can find a solution.

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    6950 here, no probs with this package and rage (open gl obviously).

im not sure i have any other openGL games to test for you. Any suggestions?

6. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    it is cab compressed file and it is repacked by standard windows command. Just type in explorer address bar "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll". I tried unpacking it with the latest 7zip and somehow got mess instead of dll file.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    which is why i asked deluxe for the properties versioning, to see if the unpack worked...

but good to know anyway...

8. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    Version number is 6.14.10.11298

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

God dammit, I can't fathom this level of stupidity

Just cause Carmack worked on it, does not mean its state of the art

Tech 5 is crap, pure and utter crap, its the same damn engine from DOOM 3 with a few tweaks, a game engine more then 12 years old, even back then DOOM 3 engine was a joke, as it had CPU processing shadows, not GPU

No dynamic shadows in this game, at all, ever, and you -STILL- call this game engine cutting edge? How about the poor texture quality, or the pop-in, frick I could be here all day talking about how bad this engine is

Also, cutting edge -DIRECT X NINE- engine? Oh god are we going backwards in the world now? So whats next, Direct X 8 will be the birth of jesus of game engines?

I can boot up STALKER or Metro, Or Just Cause 2, Or Mass Effect, OR OR OR OR the other 30+ games I own that look better then Rage, Run better then rage and so forth, I don't lie to myself when one game looks or runs better then the other

I told you all Carmack was a hack since DOOM 3, nobody listened. I told you he was a hack with Quake Wars Enemy Territory, nobody listened, I -HOPE- you are now all paying the frick attention now and finally realize just because the man made the DOOM and Quake engine does -NOT- give you a free ride in this industry for another TWENTY freaking years

10. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    ^^^^^^
    I don't know what game you're looking at or what's wrong but my game looks awesome. It did look like poo when i first played it because of bad drivers. I installed the correct drivers, and I have no problems with the way it looks, hell it looks picture perfect in some spots, no pop in, constant 60 fps, no screen tearing. The only problem I have is the crash when loading certain areas. Maybe something is wrong with your setup or driver install?

11. bronzodiriace

bronzodiriace Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x
    have you notice some stuttering on Rage?

I have stuttering in the same way with one and two 6970

12. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    Not so far. It's running like butter for me. As I said, I'm unfortunately at a point now where i can't go any further until I get the crashes fixed(damn funhouse). You might try disabling crossfire. I think they are going to release drivers specifically for it some time soon.

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The game uses OpenGL not directx.

The engine can do dynamic shadows, it was a game design choice for making it run best on consoles and not an engine limitation.
    Texture quality and pop in was again a design choice to make it run on consoles at 60 fps.
    Doom3 shadows were not CPU bound.

You are an idiot and know sweet fuk all about engines.

14. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    I Tried Riddick Dark Athena and Adobe Photoshop CS5 with GPU acceleration on. both freezed my sistem, I went back to 11.8 and they work fine again.

15. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    What OpenGL version uses RAGE? :nerd:

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Dude, lay off the crack

idtech5 is Open GL not DirectX.

Rage on my system looks 10x better than any of those games you mentioned, or the 100+ that i own.

sure, it took a few hours of mucking about to get it working right, but now its flawless, looks gorgeous, and i have no issues with stuttering or textures.

and its light on resources to boot.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    deluxe, have you tried re-extracting using command prompt and expand command as suggested above rather than 7zip?

18. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    I uninstalled all drivers, used driver cleaner, then reinstalled 11.10 preview, copied the rage opengl driver to the folder and now somehow it works :)

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    nice!!

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i found team fortress is open gl, no problems with that

earth 2150 is a no go, too old to run on win7x64..lol

open gl benchmark works fine though...

you might try what deluxe did: uninstall, driversweep, reboot, and reinstall.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011