Razer Mamba 2012 firmware update Windows 7 64bits

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MonstroMart, Sep 18, 2011.

1. dbrowny

dbrowny Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 2GB HD6950
    So razer says the scroll lag is an issue with the firmware...

but that do anything about the left click not registering which is the real problem. Not like Im obsessed with wireless mode or anything, I'll live with wired but id like to know how such a bizarre problem arises :/

2. bartolomeo

bartolomeo Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 570 Phantom
    hay dbrowny
    did they say when we can expect there firmware update?

And did you try to let open the configurator whyl using the mouse? In my case, the scroll wheel issue (as you also describe further up) is reduced to zero. Maybe the left click shows the same manner and would be an important info for razer support, particularly because we are there beta tester as it seams :3eyes:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. dbrowny

dbrowny Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 2GB HD6950
    Nope... I already sent mine back to the shop to hopefully get a replacement before Razer got back to me, but all they said was its a firmware issue and that their engineers have been notified.

I did this because I find it highly unlikely that I was the first person to point this out to them, surely there are many other mamba 2012 users who have noticed problems who are running windows 7 64-bit. If its a problem with all mice... so be it, but I will be quite surprised if the above scenario is true.

4. rcocchiararo

rcocchiararo Guest

GPU:
    saphire 5830
    Hi all

Googling arround for issues with my mouse brought me here xD (or rather... :( :p )

My Razer Mamba 2012 seems to be free of all this issues, but it has some of its own !

First of all, it either came with firmwares from the future, or the updater royally sucks at reading versions. The newest firmware for mouse and base is 1.04, but the updater said i had 102.0 and 101.0 (mouse and base respectivly).

I never knew which version i had prior to updating, i just got a message telling me that my firmware was newer than the one from the updater, and i initially skipped the update.

Then, when i wanted to use the configurator, it took a LONG time for it to load (while reading info from the mouse). After that, it took ages to WRITE the changes.
    I deleted 3 unused default profiles, but it was not that usefull, regarding waiting times.

If i want to make a change while gamming, it takes ages, even more than when not using it... and sometimes fails to detect the mouse and/or crashes and the mouse stops responding.

Using the sensitivity buttons or triggering a profile change usually shows the OSD way too late, and it never appears while gamming.

IF i plug the cable directly to the mouse, everything is smooth. (have not tried using the sensitivity buttons while gamming, or rather, the configurator had always crashed and i had to fall back to the cable, with no time to relaunch it, so no OSD was available).

Is any of this normal ? Im still waiting for Razer to answer, but i will be REALLY sad if this is not a faulty mouse... my g7 still rolls and has no such issues (but i like the mamba more :p)

My other only wireless device is a Razer Chimaera 5.1.

cheers

5. bartolomeo

bartolomeo Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 570 Phantom
    Hi, it is the same here with the loading time of the conifgurator in wireless mode. And also the useless OSD, because to slow reacting.

But I don't understand why we have this issue with scroll wheel lag etc. and others with the same OS like you don't have them, meanwhile razer says it is a firmware and not a hardware problem...

Since a week now razer support don't replay on my emails. I think, they do not have a clue, what the lag issue causes in one case and not in the other.

For me, the mamba is a wonderful ergonomic mouse but its software and hardware do not match. I haven't ever problems with wirless mice form Logitec or Microsoft, but yes, they were not so "ambitious" ones as the Rrazer mamba...
    very sad...

6. rcocchiararo

rcocchiararo Guest

GPU:
    saphire 5830
    Razer told me that it was normal for wireless connection to take longuer...

They ignored the OSD that appears only in windows (not games) and its delay, and the fact that opening the configurator not only takes ages, it also crashes and disables the mouse at least while gaming! (on wireless mode)

I took some videos of how long it take (with horribly spoken english :p)

will upload them later and share them and send it to them.

7. rcocchiararo

rcocchiararo Guest

GPU:
    saphire 5830
    Here you can see some recorded videos of the issues i have with my new mouse.

There is no video of it, but today i seem to have no OSD, even on windows. This happens after i stop using my pc while i sleep (i have no sleep, hibernation or screensaver, i just leave my mouse unused on its chargin dock).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzBD7X1ytdU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRQvgXfyieI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9D8FPHTa20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_0vfTySo8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_F7nUE7cPQ

Funny enough, if i open the configurator and rapidly place the mouse on the charging/wireless base, it opens much faster... leavint it just besides it does not do the same.

---
    As a side question, how can i set the "windows" profile to be automatically selected upon leaving or minimising a game ? Selecting "explorer.exe" does not work.

My logitech g7 had game/app specific profiles, but the stock one returned uppon leaving them :p

8. rcocchiararo

rcocchiararo Guest

GPU:
    saphire 5830
    Well, maybe the youtube videos made them think differently, now they said:

you guys with other issues might wanna start uploading youtube videos xD

9. dbrowny

dbrowny Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 2GB HD6950
    Intruiging... I have uploaded a youtube video myself but I didnt send it to razer since it doesnt appear they are going to be able to fix my issues by watching my mouse not work :p

Ill give them time to fix their firmware before contacting them again. As much as one would expect such an expensive mouse to work perfectly out of the box, humans make mistakes and I'm sure whoever's fault this is is working hard to correct it. That said I will wait no more than 1 week (3 weeks from when I originally contact them about these specific issues) before going back to them.

10. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Sorry to bump an old thread but i think the last firmware deserve a bump.

Since i bought my Razer Mamba 2012 i mostly used it as a paperweight. The mouse was randomly lagging for no reason when lifted over the mouse pad and here and there left button clicks was not registered. I actually threw the mouse on the ground in the middle of a wow raid rofl (the mouse survived ;)). And anyone who know me know it's something i would usually never do. Since then i'm using my old "i register 2 clicks instead of one" g7 to play games. It's not a problem in games as most games these days detect accidental double clicks and ignore them. In Windows well i'm mostly a keyboard shortcut guy but a working mouse is cool.

So to make a short story long i decided to give my mamba another try with the new 1.07 firmware without any expectation. What a surprise all the problems are now all gone. The mouse works perfectly now. When it works it's a really good mouse XD

So i know i'm not the only one to have problems with the mamba so if you have problems with it do like me and give the new firmware a try.

Remember if the updater fail to update the mouse in Windows 7 simply hold all 3 mouse buttons (left, middle and right) while plugging the usb cable in the mouse. I know it's stupid but looks like this is the only way to install the drivers necessary for the update under windows 7.

Hope the new firmware works for you guys like it works for me. Now if only Creative could make my X-Fi card not snap, crackle and pop lol but i'm not holding my breath for this one creative is creative ... and a X-Fi makes a good looking paperweight anyway lol

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

11. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Hi,
    Dusted off the cob webs on my old 2012 Mamba wireless. Thinking of taking it to work. Was wondering if there are more current firmwares for it?

Thanks