I need help ... family fight !

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slick3, Oct 3, 2011.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    OH !!! So where do i start, i should probably explain the origin of the fight. My family consists of mom,dad brother and me ... brother is 21 and "me" is 17. We have been saving to buy a car for a while. We bought one last week which mom didn't like at all. She started bashing on my father pointing out every fault in the car. The car was a KIA Sorento .... very very elegant but because my mom was in a bad mood that day .........

So today my dad sold the car WITHOUT telling my mom who was at work, when she got back and the news got announced, she started crying because she wanted to be involved in such things. They started fighting again, which was very very disturbing. My brother lost it while trying to study for his university went downstairs, joined the fight ..... totally lost it while trying to regain control of the situation, and tried to leave the house. Me being the shy brother, tried to control HIM ... because my parents didn't give a ****ing **** about my disturbed brother. I yelled back at my mom for yelling at my brother because he was trying to leave. My parents continued to yell at each other, saying bad words, insulting everyone. I TOTALLY ****ing went crazyyy, i lost total control of my mind because of all the yelling since 3PM, i left, i said i was gonna do something myself on the corner of the road. My mom followed me and like i said, i was like a crazy man ... My mom dragged me back home, and they continued fighting. I was mental in the house, i bashed everywhere, face eyes were red ... VERY horrible headache and i just didn't get involved in the fight for my own sake. I have never seen ME like this. I am usually a shy guy, and keep things for myself, but today everything went out. First day i cried so much in my life ...

They are still fighting, i gave up. My brother is still downstairs trying to get things straight ... it's 9:45PM and he didn't study yet, i am in my room emptying my eyes out, thinking how my parents can be like that sometimes ... fighting about a car and money while their own ****ing son are being affected ! They just keep running their mouths ... YAP YAP YAP. I just wanna leave the house and never ever come back.

I need some advice guyz, really need them ! What do I do, i don't wanna live like that !! Been fighting for 7 hours and counting now !

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    First, chill out. Then crank up a funny show/cartoon. It will confuse everyone.

3. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750

amateur hour dude my family fights like that on a daily basis.

4. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    same here.

i used to fight with my mom every single day, she'd start the fight or would bitch all day until i would lose it.

was it bad? yes. what did i do? ignore it for the most part. just focus on something else, probably something like a university so you can get away from them.

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Trust me bro, i've had family fights too. But today's blows every other. I wish no one has to experience this.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, the mothers ALWAYS win the fights since they never give up!

Shows you how strong a mother is... :)

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Maybe your parents just need to vent, it may be just frustration build up and they might have things to say that needed saying. If your story is anything to go by, i'd say the car thing was just a trigger that set off something thats been waiting to go off.

Try to shut it off and let the situation blow over. It's alright aslong as they dont get violent.

8. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Just a quick update, the fight stopped ... like 6 mins ago. My brother is heartbroken, crying like a baby and he is 21. I am comforting him .... Such things are useless, over a car ???? What are some things is i can do to lighten the moods tomorrow. Mainly between mom and dad ..... lots of hurtful things were said today

9. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Slick.....hey buddy , I won't take much of your time , but let me just put in my $.02 here. First off , from what you typed in your original post , the fight is between your mother and father. You and your brother should stay out of it , and let them hash it out. DON'T get in the middle of it , because when parent want to argue , they are gonna argue. DON'T let it stress YOU out.

Things like this happen with probably 90% of the families out there. There could be other underlying factors involved between your parents ,and it seems like they are throwing all of their chips on the table in this ONE BIG FIGHT......let them do it. Weather you believe this or not , yelling or talking , it doesn't matter , as long as they are working things out.....that is what counts. It's when parents DON'T yell at each other , or DON'T talk to each other is when you should worry. They aren't doing that.

I know you and your brother want to get involved , it's just something a kid is born with , with trying to be the referee.....but don't do it.

Don't worry kiddo.....let them work it out. Go stay with a friend or go some where with your brother if he has time to step away from his studying. Either way.......just let the parents do their thing. They both seem like they need to get some sh!t out on the table.....so let them do it , and be done with it.

10. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Good news man. I went through those things a few times to when I was your age between my parents. It got very ugly and remember a lot of it still to this day. The thing is.....I had way more "good" memories than I ever had "bad" memories with my parents. Glad to hear things settled down.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I too fortunately have more good than bad memories, but what really pisses me off and what got me and my brother into the fight was the stupidity of the fight, i went mental when i found out that my parents would rather continue arguing loudly and stupidly over something that has already happened than look after their 21 year old son ... my brother. And my brother is a mentally strong guy, and to watch him cry like that kills me. None know when it's high time to shut their freaking mouth.

12. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Shotgun - on my uncle (fat Uncle, SDA), yeah. Sabot slug in their mouth should do! My uncle would yell, verbally abusive, gets pious n' ****, and of course - use his hand that justifies all means. Shotgun with sabot slugs into his throat would send me to paradise.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, I hate abusive parents.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Arguing usually leads to a divorce...

When I was a kid, my mother and father would argue day and night.

I'd be upstairs listening to daily arguements & shouting...

When I was 12 they got divorced.

Let's hope this doesn't happen to your parents...

14. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I was raised in a family who doesn't believe in divorce. My parents have been married for over 20years, no divorce for sure.

15. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    the fight is between your parents,its in there nature to fight,as someone else pointed out... get ur self off to colledge and distance yourself then wait til you get married

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Have your parents tried visiting a counsellor/seek outside advice?

17. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    No, never have !

18. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Buy a car, then sell it after a week.. profit? Don't think so..
    Money thrown out of the window imho..

Imho, it's boths fault, but maybe your dad's a lil bit more..
    If both of them have been saving, they should both talk about, and decide what to get.
    Even worse, just selling it like that..

Sound like your dad is a lil bit over tempered, and your mom over sensitive (like every woman tbh)

Well, can't give you an advice as I dunno how your family works, but better then nothing, I'd suggest you stay out of it, and try to pull your brother out of it aswell..

19. Urban83

Urban83 Guest

20. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    It sounds like it's all settled down now, so that's good... just leave it up to them to sort it out, it's better to not get involved unless you have to...

regards,
    RagDoll.