MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, it is not a known bug so no fix for it is planned. Try to upgrade to the latest 2.2.0 beta and updated DirectX runtimes to the latest version.

2. Unwinder

"Properties" command in the context menu takes you to the properties of the graph you're right clicking. So it is supposed to be that way, no graph - nowhere to go.

3. Unwinder

Boosted Afterburner startup time a bit more due to optimized GPU context switching in profile load routine. Now it starts in less than 1 second opposing to 4-5 seconds in beta 7 on my 580gtx+9600gt system and I guess it is the limit for current Afterburner architecture.

4. Retspan3

Retspan3 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 470
    Thanks for you help Unwinder :D

After doing what you said the screen capture works fine, but now I get the same problem with video capture.

5. Unwinder

Hard to beleive, sorry.

6. Retspan3

Retspan3 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 470
    Yeah, after another reinstall and 2 comp restarts it's working great. Thanks again! <3

7. nothingless

nothingless Guest

GPU:
    50 x HIS 6770
    Any one know what happen to my msi, I tried uninstall driver and ab many time, it's still 0 like this :(. thank

[​IMG]

8. darkennight

darkennight New Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI 5870
    BUG HD 5870 Cold Boot Freeze

I ve got a Problem with the 2.2 Beta 7, that on every cold boot of my pc, it will freeze after a short time. After the Second Boot everything works without problems.
    Using now 2.1 and it also works.
    It is maybe a problem with the memory in use function.

Regards,
    Darkennight

9. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    nothingless: Try an older driver. My HD 2600 does that if I use anything newer than 10.5. If you want to confirm that is the problem, check out GPU-Z. If that too shows 0/0, that is exactly the problem.

10. DeerDance

DeerDance Guest

GPU:
    GTX560ti
    [​IMG]

Same complain again, but this time with a picture.
    I mean seriously, I want to check my temperature "history" or fan speed or other stuff, MUCH more often than to go in to options!

So why the one icon that is intended to be on sight most of the time does not link you there!! Where is the common sense, how many times do people go in to options that they needed to save one more click from main window?

Also please, can you merge two icons in to one when temp show temp in tray is enabled? I doubt you find people complaining.

11. Unwinder

Holy fu*ck? Where is the common sense?! And cloning the same "question" in multiple threads? Act this way in your home please and try to talk this way to your parents. Bye.

12. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    Downloaded latest beta to test videomemory usage of my cards in games as GPU-Z 0.5.5 and Process Explorer 15.05 don't work properly on Vista.

I have 5870 1GB Crossfire so it's not using any ADL functions which are not present in the drivers but the "hole" implemention as Unwinder described (I'm using 11.9 WHQL) to calculate the videomemory usage. I understand that only one GPU videomemory is calculated (Crossfire uses effectively 1GB) and MSI Afterburner gives option for one GPU which makes sense.

My problem is that the numbers I get seem to be double the real usage of a single card. Is this by design in crossfire?

To explain:

1. In games like dirt 2 1680x1050 8AA max settings it reports 1400-1500MB, which is not the case for 1 card with 1GB and as I researched from other guys screenshots with NVIDIA cards it uses about 700-800MB for that kind of settings which is close to the half of the memory usage i get.

2. In games like crysis wars and Battlefield 3 Beta which are way more videomemory intense I got numbers well above 2000MB at about 2300-2500MB

Others report with same graphics settings about 1000MB usage (with NVIDIA). If the usage for one card was 2400MB the game would be a slideshow which isn't running at about 60-80fps

Thanks

PS: I wrote all that because i wanna know how to properly use the videomemory data. Right now i guess it calculates both cards memory because the offset from one card doesn't seem to be a fixed number.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  13. Unwinder

Yes, each GPU in Crossfire config is adding the same input into videomemory usage. So for 2x Crossfire it will be doubled.

14. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    OK thanks for the fast reply! Keep up the good work!:)

15. german24

german24 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X GAMING
    There is a problem with polish translation in beta 8 :( Somtin with msvcrt.dll is not ok.When i change lang to polish ,and close i cant launch the prog.With english everyting is ok:)

16. Mnopfler

Mnopfler New Member

GPU:
    SLI MSI GTX460 Hawk
    Race 07 and rFactor does not start when Afterburner is started.

My rig:
    i7 2600K
    P8P67 Deluxe B3
    2x2 G.Skill RippjawsX
    SLI MSI GTX460 Hawk
    Corsair Ax750
    Win7 64

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  17. Unwinder

Try to add it to OSD server's exceptions list.

18. Mnopfler

Mnopfler New Member

GPU:
    SLI MSI GTX460 Hawk
  19. Unwinder

You did absolutely nothing with this profile. Once again, add it to _exceptions_ list, i.e. disable this application detection, rather than just clone defaults for it.

20. Mnopfler

Mnopfler New Member

GPU:
    SLI MSI GTX460 Hawk
    If I turn off detection level the game starts, but I lose the Osd into the game :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.