Catalyst 11.10 Preview - Special Battlefield 3 Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kcuestag, Sep 26, 2011.

1. cloudman

cloudman Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus CU II GTX 780
    This just reported:

" A team of government scientist have been wisked away to an un-disclosed location to work an a top secret program called "Frostbite2-Beta1". Few details are known, but we do know that strange lights and flickering skys are said to be what their investigating.....No further details at this time...."

"Please report any strange occurrences to the proper authorities" Do not panic.

2. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Your black lines are flickering?. Maybe we can test if this is happening with 11.9 drivers (i cant test this now, im not in home).

3. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    Getting the same, no freezes though but very low performance no matter what graphic level I take and almost 100% gpu usage so... where are my fps going?

4. BuBBle.D

BuBBle.D Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Yeah i know. Problem was i always tried to find the settings while i was dead and not when i spawned. Thanks anyway.

5. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    Same here, the cards are used properly (100%).

6. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    They have 99% usage but not proper scale %.

7. warrior-kid

warrior-kid Active Member

GPU:
    4090 RTX MSI Suprim
    I have installed it on 11.9 with no profiles and I'm happy to report I can see no major issues, actually none so far. The only problem I'm having is I don't know how can this be the latest generation graphics. Buildings are like painted, metro looks very basic, I think HalfLife 2 looked far better in the intro. Am I missing something?

8. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    There's no scaling at all, pure garbage.

9. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    You had the black lines flickering problem with 11.10?. Are you used DriverSweeper after uninstall the drivers or not?.

Thank you.

10. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Reduced settings to Medium, and most of flickering/black lines went away for me. Glad to hear others having issue, seems like a driver/game issue. Gonna run it this way until they fix it.

11. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    I think its an overheating problem, the cards runs at 99% of the speed...

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Same here. Game works fine on low/medium but anything above and there's graphical issues and heat issues galore.

13. warrior-kid

warrior-kid Active Member

GPU:
    4090 RTX MSI Suprim
    Had not had 10.10 installed at all, I just removed the profiles from 11.8, then installed 11.9 above it. No further profiles installed after that.

14. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Ok, thank you.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    These drivers break more than they fix, vysnc is pretty damn important. For anyone who has the sense not to play BF3 (I wish I never tried it) don't install these drivers.

16. Wag

Wag Member

GPU:
    2GB 6950 Tri-Fire
    The beta is unplayable on my 3-Crossfire 6950 setup. Flickers/artifacting. I tried 11.10, 11.9, etc. I tried D3DOverrider, nothing seems to work.

All 3 of my cards are unlocked but I have no problems in any other game/benchmark (have been running for months) so I would say it's the game and not my cards.

17. H.A.M.mer

H.A.M.mer Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix HD7970
    Running 2 6970 in CrossFinity (Win7 x64).

So far no problems with 11.10 preview on my end.

However I am of the oppinion that the CAPs included in 11.10 pre are older than the last offical ones (11.8 CAP4 on amd-site):

With 11.8 CAP4 "Hard Reset" got a working CFX-profile.
    With 11.10 pre (no CAP installed manually) this CFX-profile seems to be gone and scaling is bad.
    Altough a workaround is to use RadeonPro and set CFX to "AFR-FriendlyD3D" for Hard Reset which results in very good performance.

(Haven´t tested anything about BF3-beta)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  18. Erizo

Erizo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB
    Nvm I read on Battlelog that the flickering seems to be a game issue as people with nvidia cards are reporting the same problems

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    There's flickering in the 11.9 drivers so I assume it's a game issue as well, the flickering isn't that bad, but still rather noticeable, hopefully fixed before it hits RC and especially by RTM.

deltatux

20. Lurker28

Lurker28 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970
    Yea I get flicker, black lines randomly flying across the screen and other weird artifacts.

I have not had problems with other games recently, so I doubt my card just randomly decided to take a poop with BF3. Anyone know how to fix this issue?