Home wireless not showing up

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by scorpion, Sep 29, 2011.

1. scorpion

scorpion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce 6800GT Golden Samp
    Hey,

I'm having a strange problem with my laptop, I was using it the other day and it was working fine but last night i turned it on and it isn't finding my wireless network when searching for wireless connections? I tried the WIFI on my iphone and it connected automatically but the laptop cant even see it.

The laptop can see other wireless connections and even when I make a hotspot from my iphone but just can't find my home wifi. I uninstalled all network drivers (even Ethernet) updated the software and turned off/on my access point and nothing?

Yes my wireless is switched on lol, and i even put the laptop next to the access point.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I thought it was hardware but it detects other wifi connections around me.

Thanks in advance.

2. scorpion

scorpion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce 6800GT Golden Samp
    FIXED.

Access point decided to change the frequency to 13, which it has never done in over 6 years. Forced it to use 11 as my laptop wireless only supports up to 1-11 channels. It was always 11 i believe, or 1... can't remember.