Official Hard Reset Thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HonoredShadow, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Played about an hour of it so far, anyone that liked Painkiller will love this. :) I'm having a blast.
    It's really like Painkiller in Blade Runner. The atmosphere is awesome... and the gameplay really feels like Painkiller.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    screw the reviews. this game is awesome. these guys deserved my $30

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I am posting to confirm that this game is awesome.

4. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This freaking game is a system GPU sucking nightmare lol
    im barely getting 60fps with 6970 crossfire cards @950/1400 85% of the time its 60fps but can easily drop to 45-55 in most places.

thats with everything maxed @ 1920x1200 with 4xaa with its recommended aa its 60fps all the time with 2xaa its 60fps all the time but with 4xaa the game can lag.

hell this game maxed with 4xaa and 85fov lags more than my other games like metro and crysis ect

they should have included a benchmark util or intergrated it into a game would be a good gpu benchmark to run lol

when i do run everything maxed 4xaa ect 99% gpu usage on both cards at all times :D

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, the demo was the same too, dropped down to MLAA myself, as 4xFSAA wasn't doing a fantastic job anyway.

Is there no benchmark utility in the full game?
    Have you checked in the Extras section of the Main Menu as that is where the benchmark util was kept in the demo.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    And they said : (Demo walkthrough) Game is well optimized even 5770 can run it, lol...

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Flying Wild Hog removed the benchmark tool from the full game as they said they made it specifically for the demo.
    But, they've said if people want it back for the full game to let them know. And they'll replace it in the upcoming patch.

They've also disabled the in game console. It was causing issues (crashes, glitches, bugs) with the full game. They've said they've disabled it so they could fix the issues, and will re-enable it in the first patch as well.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    a 5770 can run it. they never said it could run it maxed lol

not everyone here is a graphic whore and im pretty sure they perfer stability over eye candy.

9. anotherzen

anotherzen Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB SLi
    GTX 460 1GB SLI @2560x1440 Ultra settings, AFx16.
    Using the 275.00 drivers.

MLAA (recommended) avg. 31.8 fps.
    no AA, avg. 56.2 fps.

Actual gameplay was a lot smoother than the benchmark imo. and
    i had no problems or irritating moments playing the entire demo with MLAA
    enabled.

Might have to pick this one up, demo was pretty fun.

10. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    For Crossfire users, set AFR-Friendly D3D as profile and MVPU mode to Alternate Frame Rendering in RadeonPro. Check your fps after that. Enjoy.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Completed the first level on insane, took a while but I learned a lot from the demo so I was fairly prepared, runs great at the highest settings (MLAA variant instead of FSAA though so that explains it.) but apparently the very impressive and extensive lighting on later levels will really hit performance, so far however there's no problems and I'm having a lot of fun, it's a standard FPS shooter but it does things right. :D

12. Tetraflux

Tetraflux Guest

GPU:
    great! I can't wait to play the full game :D

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i bought the game from Steam, about to install it now. will let you know what i think. :D

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The console (ctrl + tilde) worked after all, commands via config.cfg and input.cfg both work as does the demo dumped CVars from http://pastebin.com/WqepYB7z however while trying to hide the HUD I made the discovery it's fully 3D and thus it can't be fully disabled. :p
    (Can set other stuff though, a lot of other stuff.)

EDIT: Changing s_fast_menu to 1 for example, of course it can be done by just editing config.cfg directly. :)

Or post processing effects like
    pp_screen_blur_enable
    pp_radial_blur_enable

# pp_glow_enable "1

(When editing the file don't just remove the # mark and change the command, best would be to copy it all to the top where the user settings are and then via that copy remove the mark / # and edit the value as desired, in-game via console makes comparison easier though.)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  15. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Is it possible to disable film grain?

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There is a sharpen setting but I believe that's not the issue, have not found a specific option for film grain / noise filtering though maybe PP_Enable = 0 would work to disable most of these effects immediately?

17. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    1080p ultra with 2xFSAA I'm getting 60 frames constant even with the FOV maxed to 90.

It's funny thought because it says Vertical FOV but setting it to 90 does not give any fish eye so me thinks it's actually horizontal.

Great game. Simplicity does not take the fun factor away at all, it feeks like Doom in 2011 which is a good thing. I hope Doom 4 sticks to the combat and simple puzzles like this game and not get too deep into the horror and make another game that was 99% black like doom 3.

This game proves that a game can have great gameplay with a nearly non existent story and still be fun.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
  19. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    WTF I get 80-180 FPS on my PC settings on Ultra with Radeon Pro:

Radeon Pro: MVPU Mode set to Alternate Frame Rendering and use the AFR-friendly D3D Crossfire Profile.

20. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB