Need help buying new mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GR0MIT, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GR0MIT

GR0MIT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 @ 830Mhz
    Sup guys

I'm looking for a mouse that i can use for gaming that Aim Down Sight with the right mouse button but also switch the DPI while the right mouse button is being depressed, so when its released the DPI returns to normal, for example

DPI 800

Right mouse button depressed
    Aiming Down Sight engaged
    DPI changed to 400

Right mouse button released
    Aim down sight disengaged
    DPI returns to 800

If you guys know of any mouse that can achive this it would help alot as the different engines for FPS games scale differently or not at all regarding aim down sight movement speed, i have tried several pieces of software to achieve this effect but unfortunetly none of them work in all games, so i need a mouse that can change its own DPI and ADS using the right mouse button.

Thanks

GR0MIT

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Probably a mouse with software that can do macro's then.

3. GR0MIT

GR0MIT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 @ 830Mhz
    I know about third party macro's and macro's included in drivers, none that i know of do this which is why im asking if anyone has found a mouse able to do this.

4. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    800 dpi? THey still make them that low? Mine is 5700.

5. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I strongly recommend using the same DPI for aiming and not aiming. Otherwise your muscle memory will have very hard time learning the mouse movement to a point where it's "natural" or "second nature". If you keep changing sensitivity all the time, that's what happens

6. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Why would they not make them that low? Very nearly every gamer will not be limited by 800 DPI, because almost no one plays at a sick enough resolution with a sick enough sensitivity that the sensor wouldn't register 1 pixel movements.

Your 5700 DPI mouse doesn't benefit from 5700 DPI. It's a marketing gimmick.

7. GR0MIT

GR0MIT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 @ 830Mhz
    I'm used to the DPI scaling for FOV in Call of Duty, the same DPI aiming down sight or not is horrible for me, i preffer very small precise movements for aim down sight at long range and fast movements for hipfire close quarters.

If at all possible can we stay on topic, i've been looking for an aswer to this question for nearly a year and without any programing knowledge im unable to do it myself.

8. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Fair enough. What game are you going to use this in? BF3?

In quake, you can easily zoom and change sensitivity with one button by binding that button to a custom command that zooms and changes sensitivity, then returns them to default values when lifted. I doubt this is possible in modern shooters though...

9. GR0MIT

GR0MIT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 @ 830Mhz
    Again im not intrested in faffing about with software or ingame stuff, im just looking for a mouse that can change its DPI and ADS on the same button via its own driver software so i can avoid any problems with different engine input methods.

For example Bad company 2 and crysis dont scale very well, when i ADS the mouse speed is still too high and i cant move pixel to pixel easily, but in cod its consiederably better for some reason.

10. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I know that's not what you're interested in, it's just an alternative and I thought I'd bring it up. If you've been looking for a year to find a mouse that fits the bill, it's pretty likely there isn't one.

11. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i had a cyborg rat 7 a while ago. you can set the default dpi, and theres a precision aim button that you can press with your thumb to toggle a dpi setting of your choice. so you could just set your base dpi at 800dpi, then right click and press precision aim with your thumb to drop the dpi.

12. jaydeee

jaydeee Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7600GT
    guess it has to be programmed to the mouse so you have to install the software that comes with you mouse. As for the mouse I guess most gaming mouse will do it. I like logitech mouse though.

13. GR0MIT

GR0MIT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 @ 830Mhz
    Thats exactly what im trying to avoid, as an FPS gamer my thumb is constantly hoving over the knife button (side button) so im looking for a mouse that can change DPI and ADS on the same button.

14. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Switch your knife to a different button then?

15. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I have a Logitech G700, and I think you could ALMOST do what you want with the macro editor. But afaik know it would be impossible to have it so the right button clicked for low then click again for high, as thats two separate commands for a button (but hey, you'd have another 12 buttons to edit if need be)

16. ianott

ianott Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 6950 Crossfire