System crashes only at start-up once every few days

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by adren022, Sep 11, 2011.

1. adren022

adren022 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5770
    Hi,

I am having this weird problem(i think) the system boots fine all the icons on the desktop appear and when i click on any icon or the start menu or try to refresh the desktop the computer just freezes :bang: and i have to do a hard reset and then everything is fine for the rest of the day how much ever gaming or whatever i use the computer for hours until the next shutdown and power-up cycle the computer works fine under full load

The computer doesn't lock up during games or at any other time. it only freezes when it boots and it happens sometimes everyday or its like once in 3 days. it hangs only for the first boot

I have checked the event logs and all i see is Critical error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly" Source Kernel-Power .after re-boting it works normal

i also have one more error saying Harddisk Controller error put its not the same time with the freezing(have checked the cables from M/B to HDD ran disk doctor no errors are found). the system after it freezes once the system ran prime95 for some 12hrs without problem

Can Kaspersky AV be causing this ? or is it a HDD problem or do i need to install Windows again ?( I am running Win 7 64 bit ultimate)

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Try reinstalling your chipset drivers.... That usually fixes the issue for me.

3. adren022

adren022 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5770
    will try doing that, thank you :)

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G

5. adren022

adren022 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5770
    i don't get any BSOD after the system freezes, I can view the desktop but can't access anything on it(icons, stiky notes, hidden icons, start menu) then the mouse pointer will stop moving and i have to do a hard reset

6. OldBeaver

OldBeaver Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 Ti
  7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    All the signs of a bad HDD (or SATA port).
    How often does the Hard Disk Controller error show up in Event Viewer?

Maybe try a different SATA port, reinstalling the SATA drivers may help. If the HDD test came up clean then it's more likely to be the controller imho..

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  8. adren022

adren022 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5770
    i reinstalled the SATA driver, installed the chipset driver and changed the SATA port, everything is fine right now.. i have restarted the computer some 4 times it hasn't frozen even once :)
    and the harddisk controller error has come up some 20 times in the event viewer i will check the SATA cable once more

THanks for all the replies :)

9. adren022

adren022 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5770
    Error 9/28/2011 9:58:42 AM DistributedCOM 10005
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Warning 9/28/2011 9:58:30 AM Winlogon 6000
    The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Error 9/28/2011 9:58:23 AM Service Control Manager 7026
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    BS_I2cIo
    BS_TPIO
    discache
    KLIF
    spldr
    sptd
    Wanarpv6

Error 9/28/2011 9:58:13 AM Application Popup 1060 None
    The driver \Driver\libusb0 failed to load for the device USB\VID_04F3&PID_0212\5&299394f4&0&1.

The system worked fine for some 2 weeks now i'm getting these errors since morning and the system freezes at desktop :( can some body please tell me to what these errors are related to and do i need to reinstall the OS ?