Hardest Games Ever

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by crushilista, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    yeah i love adventure/puzzle games, i can't stand shooting stuff for long i need my brain teased a bit otherwise i get bored, my patience is infinite though that's why i managed to finish games like Outcry. :) patience is a virtue.

actually i think Outcry: The Dawn is Outcry, don't think its a sequel, if its a sequel i'm going to buy it asap (and would be surprised that i missed it!). ;)

the screenshots from The Dawn look identical to Outcry 1.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. Weiji

Weiji Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6850 1gb 1680x1050
    Monster Party
    Contra without using the code
    Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

NES was a brutal system. I don't know if there were many games that were easy.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    [​IMG]

Game was pain in the ass.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its definately a sequel it was released in October 2009 whereas the original Outcry:Mysterious Machine was released in August 2008.

Look here...original that you posted,on the left is the sequel
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/outcry/index.html?tag=similargames;img;1
    Sequel The Dawn,the face on the box looks like the Hollywood actor Michael Douglas.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/outcrybitcomposer/index.html?tag=similargames;img;1

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    apparently Outcry Mysterious Machine (2008) was the US release, while Outcry The Dawn was the European release, a bit like Fahrenheit and Indigo Prophecy, same game, different name. :)

proof (scroll down and read the product description)

Outcry Mysterious Machine

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outcry-Myst..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1315505001&sr=1-2

"Product Description
    Assume the role of a middle-aged writer who receives a strange invitation from his brother that he hasn't seen for years. Accepting his invitation, you are soon confronted with the discovery of his sudden ...."

Outcry The Dawn

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lace-Mamba-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1315505001&sr=1-1

"Product Description
    Manufacturer's Description
    Players will take on the role of a middle-aged writer who receives a strange invitation from his brother who he hasn’t seen for years.

Accepting his invitation, you are soon confronted with the discovery of his sudden..."

6. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    I'm amazed that this topic reached the third page and nobody mentioned I wanna be the guy

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

You can cry in pain now.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I agree with the people who say Battletoads on the NES. I was never able to get past the 3rd level when your jumping off those ramps and avoiding the walls.

Even with the Game Genie attached I could not beat that game.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ah ok i thought u was missing out mate:)

Another game hard as nails was Dragons Lair,expert players,well i dont think there was any.

9. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    I recall The Flintstones for NES being pretty difficult/annoying.

+1 for TMNT and Punch Out for NES as well, was only ever able beat TMNT with cheats. Never beat Punch Out, but I destroyed both of my controllers out of sheer anger and frustration :)

Honestly haven't played a game in the last 5 years or so that I wasn't able to beat, it's true - games really have become easier. I think the shift has focused more towards cinematic effects, storyingtelling, and immersion -- or even multiplayer -- rather than straight up difficulty. Just being able to *save* your games whenever you want is almost a cheat unto itself.

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    reading to this solving puzzles in Myst series seems like a walk in the park...

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Carrier Command. The most addictive game I had on my ST, and also the most frustrating.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I like the bit about destroying your controller haha.

Yeah i liked this game,unfortunately i couldnt save my game to the diskette for some reason so i was only able to conquer 1 island and then i would turn my computer off(it took ages)so i missed out on a classsic game here.

A remake is in the works for the pc.

13. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    Ninja Gaiden on max difficulty is pretty hard...

14. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    Breakdown on xbox by namco gave me a warm time when it was release

15. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    First Ninja Gaiden on the NES, the last lvl was super cheap but i ending up finishing the game. As for Battletoads, ya the turbo tunnel was a pain, but thats nothing compared to lvl 6 (i think) where u r riding on a rocket. Same concept like the turbo tunnel but u cant jump. I ended up finishing that game too multiple times without using any warps. I was 8 years old ....man i feel old.

16. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Friday the 13th on NES

17. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    i reckon dues ex revolutions is pretty tough on hardest setting especially when you only have a pistol;-(

18. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

Ghosts N Goblins

19. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    R-Type is pretty hard. I beat it once and and vowed never to play it again. The game itself isn't too bad but having to start again every time to go the wrong way takes alot of mental effort to remember the correct path! A game i haven't completed but really want to is getting ALL of the unlocks for the original perfect dark! Some of the time limits for that are INSANE!

20. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    ctrl+f entire thread -> no megaman

guru3d, i am disappoint. you remember battletoads but not megaman? okay, the first one wasnt exactly like being crucified, but the series just got harder and harder...

yeah, it is quite a bit challenging actually, and i always put every game on hardest difficulty level so...