Hard Reset Demo on Gamers Hell

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by darrensimmons, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    But then what did you expect when the game is a PC only release?

2. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    seems pretty nice, but I got Space Marine and deus ex for now.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well it does support the Xbox 360 controller by default and it does work but it feels a little too finicky for my liking in the upgrade/computer interface menus.

The game plays perfectly fine however with the controller otherwise and I prefer to play games that way anyway. The mouse/keyboard for non-RPG/strategy games is soooooooooooo 1985; well WSAD digital keyboard movement is anyway, the mouse ain't so bad. ;)

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Dude.. seriously? so you prefer a gamepad for fps?:3eyes:

5. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Isn't it only on Steam?.

Anyways, tried the demo. Quite nice for an old school shooter plus i really like the really over the top menu :D, however i won't be buying it just yet as another game comes out that day which i'm sure will be takling up my FPS time.

I'll grab this when it goes on sale.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  6. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    I liked it, even the demo was short, i still liked it. Will get this also.

Generic old school shooter, just what i want. Besides, it simply looks cool graphics wise.

Benchmark said 59.6fps on average.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its well polished, has good ambience and was good fun.
    Gfx are very nice for constant 60fps at around 60% GPU use (default clocks), Ultra settings @ 1080p MLAA.
    Very smooth, sweet demo.

Requiring more shots to kill the enemy seems to fit very well, I dont see the problem with that.
    Only criticism is it was too short.

8. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    Just tried it. Short demo. Gameplay seems very repetitive. Motion-blur suxor!

9. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    MLAA VS FXAA

MLAA

[​IMG]

FXAA

[​IMG]

10. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Oh man!

The fidelity! The concept! The awesome gunz 'n sh*t!

The idea of fighting against an artificial intelligence uprising in a single player shooter is a stroke of genius!

...AND IT'S ONLY LIKE TWENNY BUX!

How cool are those big charging things?! When you finally knock all their bits off, they crawl around like a T-800 terminator without legs!

11. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Quite fun on Insane difficulty, will have to pick this up. The secrets seemed a bit phoned in, but I guess everyone hides their valuables behind cracked walls and then puts explosives in front of said walls. :)

12. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Anyone else notice the "neutral" bots?

There's an autonomous cement mixer if you turn left after you deactivate the first gate.

13. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    WTF DARREN! Is that really you or did this severely retarded boy hack your guru3d account?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO8y1iCLhqU

I also have many games to buy over the next few month but this article made it an instant pre-purchase for me http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...r-talks-quick-saves-royalty-rates-and-drm.ars

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  14. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
  15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes. Sorry.

I hate using the keyboard for movement in any PC game; it's like using the D-pad on a controller IMO for movement in a 3D game, something I wouldn't want to do either. There's no finese at all, it's a simply digital on or off switch so you can't edge forward slowly like you can with an analogue stick. I have no problems with a mouse though, which is perfectly fine for strategy and point 'n' click games.

Besides I don't play games online so I don't need the extra precision offered by a mouse in FPSs. Considering until recently I played games more on the consoles than the PC (though it's usually a 50:50 split as I own an Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii) I've kind of grown used to the controller and actually prefer it for all my PC games that support it.

Just try using a mouse/keyboard from the comfort of your sofa while you're playing PC games on your 50" plasma in the living room...? :p

16. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Have you considered a combination?

Bind movement etc to the controller, and use the mouse to look and shoot. Instead of using the right stick.

I know of a few guys who play online like this. They say it's quite comfortable, whilst still remaining precise.

17. Ywap

Ywap Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 580
    Yeah, i think that´s pretty common human behaviour nowdays :D

18. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB

I know what you mean. In Farcry2 the player can walk/sneak very slowly when navigating via 360 controller, whereas when using the KB there's no walk-button to bind.

Its just sad i cant aim with a controller for the life of me. And i hate things like AutoAim on PC.

19. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    :) Found that video on the Mortal Kombat forum...the poster was banned for life.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The N64 analogue with rumble pack was the best stick ever made,but going back to it now after using a mouse and keyboard is a no no,however certain games i play like Donkey Kong on wii emulator or Zelda on Gamecube emulator i use a Gamecube pad via blissbox,but for fps games mouse and keyboard is so much for accurate i feel.