Dirt 3 any good?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angmar, May 21, 2011.

1. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    I've had tons of crashes damn.

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Force DX9 Mode:nerd:

3. Elysianarcane

Elysianarcane Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6620G 512MB
    Dirt 3 crashes on my system every 5m....

what a waste of money.

4. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I definitely don't think Dirt3 is as good as Dirt2 however I still enjoy playing it every once in a while. Haven't had any crashes yet and I just got my first HDTV so this is a game I can play from my sofa and it looks amazing on the 50" :)

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    mine does it more randomly after 1 or 10th race (5-45min), but usually after 3-4th race 25-30min by loading part..

Well there is kinda fix for it, for both Dirt2 and 3.

When in main menu right before you start/or confirm next race >> minimize the game to windowed mode>> wait till it loads the race>> now alt+enter(or alt+tab) to fullscreen again.

Do that again when you're about to quit to main menu, and you already ended the race >> again minimize to windowed mode, wait till it loads to end, now switch back to fullscreen..

Yep its a pain, but at least it doesnt crash..

I posted that once in nv forums and later that day nv tech ManuelG contacted me and asked me all the info etc, i told him all i knew and how to reproduce faster and then 2-3days later he said Nvidia driver tech was able to reproduce this issue,:nerd: so we might get a fix,only nv users or maybe all, if codemasters decides to make another patch.
    He said they're gonna hard code debug it and try to find the issue, if necessary even contact codemasters..