Ati driver problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by raclimja, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprogis

sprogis Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    That would be how the CAP app sets the hardware settings in the user inerface of the Catalyst Control Center. You see the card acks like one GPU not two, since it is internal CFX not external with the bridge. Another setting you can use is Force max defualt clock, you can find it in the task bar icon under 3D settings below open GL menu. If you do make sure you have good cooling that will cause the card to heat up and slow your frame rates. Yet your PSU is not helping. If in doubt, I will suggest that you contact ASUS tech support.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  2. raclimja

raclimja Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    i already tried forcing running the game to run in DX9 by going to the folder of the game and open "hardware_settings_config"

then i directx forcedx9="false to true

and it didn't made any difference

3. sprogis

sprogis Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    However, I think you are right to say 11.5 verson is better, I think so two. 11.6 or .7 are really bad drivers. Though 11.8 is doing well in my system.

4. raclimja

raclimja Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC

what?????

5. sprogis

sprogis Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    lol, am I confusing you? whats wrong?

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Hey it isn't my advice, its just the advice of Thermaltake and other PSU calculator requirement sites. Its just something to consider since you aren't running a stock system, and you are running a twin GPU graphics card which does use a fair bit of power, and doesn't match the performance per watt that newer cards achieve. Your GPU does have a 286W TDP afterall!

7. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    hi i had the sme problem when i was using my 4870 crossfire, sometime the track flicker and became white, your can try to set catalyst AI to advance and set AA ans AF using catalyst control center and not the ingame setting it work for me. For the menu try to force v sync same way, hope it help

8. Elysianarcane

Elysianarcane Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6620G 512MB
    amd drivers suck? - i never had a problem with mine..

actually nvidia has the bad drivers...

9. Elysianarcane

Elysianarcane Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6620G 512MB
    Also. 10.5 is a good driver..

11.5 is good. 11.6 is ok....

11.7 is the best iv'e ever used.

11.8 is very stable, but gives my low fps and scores.

10. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    Ok ive owned ati/amd cards since 2005 and the only problem i ever had was with my 4850 not downclocking to 2d clocks..yes thats the only problem ive EVER had...went from a 4850 to a 6850..no problems with any drivers..then to a 6950..then added another 6950..NO problems..no stuttering or anything..you guys complain a lot and/or have bloated windows installations with old nvidia drivers still installed lol...

And yeah op change that powersupply..your system uses about as much power as mine..

also come up with a better/less annoying/more useful thread title next time :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    OP: If you really are looking for help with drivers, please exercise a little thought when you give a title to your thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.