Fermi, GTX460, GTX470, GTX465, GTX480...Bios Modding..Edit Voltage restrictions-mods

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by BetA, Sep 15, 2010.

1. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    erm..

not shure if this works without changing voltage again to higher..

did u try NVInspector and just unlocked it there?

[​IMG]

thats how i did it..i also couldnt get lower in my case so i used this and after that it also worked in afterburner..i made profiles and baamm it was sticking..

2. smilee45

smilee45 Member

GPU:
    1GB
    Beta hi.
    I have one question.
    I have gtx 460 hawk version, can i change memory voltage pll and core voltage in bios? Thx, Becouse i don't like any software for overcloking :)

3. Fr0stx

Fr0stx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780SC@1100Mhz 1.087v
    Core voltage Yes
    Memory PLL No

4. goldfoxgt

goldfoxgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    So it was stable after 5 hours of furmark at only 62c. I am now trying .862 volts and so far looks stable, once I find my lowest stable volts I guess we will get the BIOS to that value. Also, think we can make the clocks any lower and still have enough video performance for 1080p blurays (say 200 core and 400 mem)? And as far as using NVinspector, well Ill try that once the BIOS tweaking is finished. Once again, thanks for all the help!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

5. goldfoxgt

goldfoxgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    So, which am I suppose to trust? What I have seen from testing is that when I change my memory clock in afterburner it doesn't change in NVinspector, and when I change it in NVInspector it doesn't revert back when I change it back (basically the clocks get stuck) and this is only the memory clock, the core and shader are correct values according to every program. The reason I know this is truly happening and not just NVInspector being stupid is my temps go up by a good 10c when the memory gets "locked" at a higher number, even tho afterburner reports it at only 850 mem while NVinspector reports the clock at whatever higher value I previously input. In this picture you can see NVinspector reporting my clocks much lower than they should be, while GPU-Z reports them wrongly as well. Weird right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Thanks betAdude , flashed it yesterday via windows nvflash and i was done in minute :nerd:
    Time to grill gfxs :)

7. smilee45

smilee45 Member

GPU:
    1GB
    I try to edit bios max voltage change to 1.212 thats works, but when i change 3d perfomance voltage to 1.150 they automatic in windows change back to 1.025 can anyone hep?

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well i guess its the power savings, ur gpu will low down on desktop..go ingame and read teh voltage there to see if it works..

can u give me ur bios so i can take a look?

-BetA-

9. smilee45

smilee45 Member

GPU:
    1GB
    I use this bios for my GTX 460 HAWK.
    I have programs like afterburner or something. I always like change clocks and voltage in bios.
    With fermi bios editor i can't change 3perfomance voltage, jus gpuz show 1.025.
    But with nibitor all ok, here is my bios: http://www.2shared.com/file/KkQBV0Gl/1_online.html
    I seatching for guide to pencil mod or something for memory.2150mhz on memory without adding voltage. If add +100mv then 100% stable 2200mhz memory, but for only 50mhz i don't want to install afterburner....
    i hope you understand me :)

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

em, sorry mate, i dont really get what u want..
    sorry...

edit..

i just watched at ur bios and well u shure u want that?
    i mean u want 1.212 volts in 3d mode..are u shure. i mean thats the stupiest thing i heard..
    u will kill ur card that way or do u use ICE or ice cold water?

first of all the bios u edited is well, just wrong thats why it isnt working, but on teh othjer way, u should be happy because it didnt work..when it worked, well u might need a new card..i dont get why u want this much voltage in 3d mode? u dont need it, even if u push ur GPU to 970mhz...

And for the ram..i dint think u will get it higher with higher Vcore..i mean u do know vcore is what the name says for the GPU not the ram..maybe a little but if u cant pushg the ram more @ 1.212vcore then it wont do!!!

a advice from me..just unlock max voltage. and do the rest with afterburner. make profiles. and when u wanna play games just push the profile button and teh profile (OC) u sett up is aktive..its way easyer then make all in bios...

heres a pic why ur bios is wrong..

[​IMG]

if u tweak the voltage with the voltage entry#3 u should also set the voltage entry on 3d mode to #3..u have it on #2 so its standart and wont work at all..See the red line u might see it..

did u even read all about how to flash and edit my bios without killing the gfx?

i bet u didnt...

go read and then come back..or tell me what u want and I do it for u without letting u kill that card..

and believe me that 1.212 vcore is WAYYYYYY over the top..maybe if u use dry ice or stuff like that..but i dont think u do..

and really..u are very very lucky that what u did isnt working..like i said it would kill ur card..u might get it running but as soonest u where ingame an dplaying, i give it around 5 min. max and tehn it will just go broke..cause of to omuch heat and vcore..

i have an gtx460 also. mine is at 966mhz..with 1.127 vcore..no more...And also i have an accelero xtreme plus 2 cooler on it to keep it cool..if u have normal cooling on that card or worse, referenz dont even start trying go near 950mhz..wont be happen with reasonable temps....please go read about gfx cards first..then u still can kill ur card if u want to ;)

-BetA-

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

11. smilee45

smilee45 Member

GPU:
    1GB
    I use maximum 1.16v :) Not more :)

12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hy again..

just upload ur bios and tell me what u want fixed or modified and i will take care of it..

greetz Beta

13. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
  14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    one sec..downloading now and checking..

be right back, mate..

erm,? bios a and bios b?
    u need both edited? or is that normal for an gtx590, i mean i know they have 2 gpu´s..but i didnt know they have 2 bios..hehe

15. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    Yes, you need to unlock both. A and B ;)

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
  17. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    [​IMG]

TNX mate ;)

18. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    Hmmm...
    It doesn't work.

Now it look like this.

[​IMG]

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hmmm..strange..did u set afterburner top unlock voltage thing?
    did u try using NVInspector to see if its showing or working there?

20. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    The card is not mine. Just helping my frined.
    NVinspector shows the same.

Can you set max voltage to 1.063?
    590 have strange PWM issues above 1.063V.