Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wunderbar_007, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
  3. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    DLC so soon?

4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Hmm, they should work on a high-res texture pack, forget the damn DLC. The game needs textures. Other then that, a great game. Definitely worth my money.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    No it doesn't need high res textures. After all the blow ups many had over Crysis 2 and its lack of Dx11 it later got that and a high res texture pack. Neither of which truly improved the gaming experience. Dx3 already has Dx11 and fantastic gameplay, a new texture pack won't make much difference to me personally.

So yeah, bring on some new DLC I say.

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    32 hours played. Just part way through Tai Yong Medical at the moment. Even though I am doing a fair bit of exploring not having some of the required augmentations still prevents me from accessing certain areas I come across.

Glad I saved my purchased DLC for a second playthrough now. :)

7. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    I think a good balance of Gameplay and Graphics is better for game development. Deus Ex HR already did a good job here. The graphics maybe dated but still reasonable. Not every game need Crysis's graphics or extremely useless hi-res texture? We are bored of shiny games with ****ty gameplay already. There are tons of those games in the market. What we need is games that focus more on game play than shiny graphics.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well got to a mission where gameplay has started to improve (ie, less dialogue, more action). Got to the FEMA compound and enjoyed the stealth and engagement with the mercs. Had 4 remote explosive devices in my inventory. If you try to use one, the rest will also explode killing you (must use all at once). Anyway, made it to the first big robot. Guess I have to use the EMP device to bring it down. Will continue later to see how it goes.

I have no issue with the graphics. As a matter of fact, to me, its pleasing to the eye. I realize its not cutting edge stuff but its part of the look and style of the game. If they tried to make it look like Crysis or Metro, they would lose the overall atmosphere of the game imo. In fact, it appeals to me more than the look of Metro 2033, despite the latters "superior" graphics. At least you can play it fully maxed out unlike Metro.

The silly AI is something minor and can live with. Its just funny how you can wipe out several enemies in a blaze of gunfire then hide from the others while they look for you then after 10 secs they declare "its all clear, no one around".

Despite my earlier negative assessment of (some aspects) of the game, it does have its moments. Will continue and hope for more.

9. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    The issue is there is no reason not to have higher res textures for the PC version, as the source files are always much bigger and are then down scaled to work on console hardware. The PC version then gets the same or similar crap that the consoles get for no other reason than developer laziness.

How do you think Dragon Age II and Crysis 2 got high res texture packs shortly after their releases? They just had to go to the high res files that have been sitting on their hard drives for the last two years and scale them properly for the PC version.

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Somebody noticed the announcement about Deckard in the police station? Nice little touches, you see them all over the city.

At one of the barricades i piled up some crates & containers and jumped over a metal fence - gives you extra ep and stuff. There was a dead guy in a trenchcoat behind the fence, great atmosphere boost. Everytime i see something and think 'good place for a level designer to hide something' i go there and voila! :D sheer fun!

And pay attention to the little stickers next to the computer screens, sometimes you can see the password on them.

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Was that in that alleyway in China?

12. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Nope, somewhere outside the sariff building i think. 3m high metal pieces forming a fence.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I found a case inside a little barrcaded fence in china aswell, i think it was after crawling under a pile of boxes and other stuff, completely random.

14. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Believe or not but i found the right multiple choice answers to rescue the hostage on 1st try. I just answered what i would've chosen in RL. Really like this game, but you need to embrace it in order to enjoy. Ppl who search for texture & shader failures to proof 'its just another console port' just don't get it.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    so the 29 August 2200 GMT was a load of guff then ?

16. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    So far it looks like it, doesn't seem like anyone have gotten any useful info out of those cryptic letters/numbers/signs yet.

17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    No need to press control. Just select it and then push the number.

/ Have now played through it. Not quite sure what I think about it, but it certainly isn't as good as the first one.

18. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Easiest to just drag them from inventory down to the desired slot....

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The music goes a long way to immersing you in to it's futuristic charm.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    the odd crash here and there is a bit annoying!!!

great game so far...and am barely started!