What energy saving features, if any, do you leave enabled whilst overclocking??

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by CPC_RedDawn, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^^please do I am done with this thread

2. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    done it mate, I have no idea why this started but guys seriously we are talking really petty minor stuff here.

3. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    hey guys, ive been up straight dont know how many hours, but the build is done and ill be up and running tonight. Btw I do have an ss unit now if you want me to run the tests on that just ask. For now im going to bed. Btw I went through nearly a hundred 2600ks at this stage and I can tell you its not only luck to get a good mp or bclk chip but also one that can take high volts... ive had chips that would die after a few hours at 1.65 and i have 2 chips that ive been punishing with 1.73v at least 15-16h a week for a few months now and not a budge. Atm im using a dedicated loop for the cpu with a koolance 370 block with two 450s pumps, 2 rx360 rads and 12x ap 15s.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It all started on post 75,you can see that Tommy is falsely accusing me of certain things that i have supposed to have said by making things personal without a shred of *evidence* and also taking the thread completly off topic,get some popcorn,put your feet up and read the whole thread if you can be bothered too hehe.

The whole purpose of this thread is to see if powersaving features turned on or off makes a difference in a heavy overclock regarding stability.
    I have not forgot this unlike certain individuals in this thread:)

Cheers Khalam i think a single state Phase unit is not required,just the watercooling will be good enough but you can test it with this if you want to also.

All i ask is can you get a higher oc with stability with powersaving features off rather than on?

The debate seems to be that with SB you can get the same oc and be *stable* with powersaving features on,in other cpus like nehlahem putting powersaving features on can hinder your oc stability in a big way as your probably already know,so could you test with a high oc and *stability*(important) with features on and off please when you have the time.

Cheers mate.:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Stop trolling, he said he could hit 5.2 and i did earlier. You dont have SB so you cant talk sh*t about air cooling. You can talk all you want about water, but you are putting words into people's mouth. He did not once say air is better then water. Damn troll :bang:

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    There is no such thing as a troll to me as im old skool,if i have an opinion i will post it based on my experience and if anything your the troll for trying to bait me into a similar response to what you have posted:)

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Experience? Lol you have zero experience with SB. It is so obvious that you're the troll.

/closethread

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Talk about Power saving features commences.......NOW.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok,thanks for popping in:thumbup:

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm apperently the power save features only have to be turned on for Asus Mobo's ?

"
    Make sure you DISABLE all of the following advanced CPU features (to stabilize multiplier and voltage):
    C1E-DISABLE (With some boards like ASUS please keep C1E, EIST, and C3/C6 enabled at the moment, MSI and Intel boards you can turn these things off, but I am guessing Asrock will need it on as well)
    EIST-DISABLE
    C3, C6 States-DISABLE
    CPU Thermal Monitor-DISABLE
    "

http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/910467-ultimate-sandy-bridge-oc-guide-p67a.html

11. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    ok after a night of benching I can tell you one thing, power saving features only affected the stability of the oc when i was nearing the wall my cpu hits. Up to 5500mhz there was no issues, once past I had to turn them off to get the remaining 55mhz out of it.

btw here is a validation of the oc;)
    [​IMG]
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1975637

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    khalam, what brand mobo did you use ?>

13. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    I use my maximus IV so asus

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    thanks! very interesting indeed.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thanks khalam,this is what i have been saying all along once you take the cpu to the maximum threshold then powersaving features do make a difference wether its on nehlahem or SB or any other cpu, dont matter at the end of the day like i said before in this thread there only powersaving features and anybody that hits a high oc with proper cooling regarding whatever chip they have will know this as trying to squeeze any extra out of the cpu is tough with the features on,to those people who are on air,like i said you aint gonna know cause powersaving features dont really make a difference unless you have the best cooling to enable a ratio between volts/big oc(water is the sweetspot).

Like i said before just because Asus or any other Brand tells you to "turn this feature on" dont neccessarily mean its the right thing to do when it comes to overclocking as motherboard manufacturers dont advise it anyhow,i will always trust the enthusiast community with "tried and tested" methods first.

Thanks again Khalam,couldnt really have known exactly without your help as your the only one on here who has proper watercooling on SB cpu...thanks again mate:thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^Either very bad at comprehension or extremely good at trolling, I vote the latter.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    At least im on-topic unlike you,and what i said all along is QFT:thumbup:

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Alright dude, you win, happy now?

I'm done with thread too.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    So if you want an extra 55mhz on your 5.5ghz overclock then turn power saving features off lol.

Actually thought it would make a proper difference, glad it doesn't though as now i have more excuses to leave them on :)

Course if i was a competitive bencher, then i might want that little extra, but pointless waste of money having them all disabled for gaming or posting on a forum.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    anyone ever measured how much power the power saving features really save ?