Looking to replace my Corsair H50.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Elysianarcane, Aug 27, 2011.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    rpm does not matter for using with radiators, its all about static pressure. The higher the better.

I would either get x2 Scythe Gentle Typhon 1850rpm (or lower model to save on noise)

Or simply buy a H100 and then buy x4 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans and use them in push pull, if your case is big enough to house it that is.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    nice review. 1 ram slot is blocked by my megahalems, nice to know I can get a h70 or something like that with similar temps and use all my ram slots. I knew this before I got my cooler so I got 2x4gb of ram.

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^yeah the megahelams is a great peice of kit but with the corasir units you do get a lot of spare space and can have the fans pushing all the air right out of your case, add a couple of decent fans to it and you've got all the space you need to setup airflow, go with whatever fan noise level you're comfortable with and have a nice clean interior.

There's nothing wrong with recent high-end air coolers but whats the worth in paying to change to one when you already have a corsair hydro unit that cools just as well and silently if you add fans of your choice, while allowing for a much cleaner case interior and no blocked ram slots.

4. Helios1234

Helios1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX570
    What's HWBOT points got to do with your experience with CPU coolers? Hexus are hardly more reliable than my tests. If you look through my reviews, you'll actually see I test those coolers with different fans. So rather than claim adding a second fan will reduce temps by 5-10C, try to get some results to back it up.

Perhaps you should also start reading some reliable reviews... I'm surprised someone looking to get points on hwbot is using a measly H50 to overclock... Also lol at Intel reference cooler beating that H50, it sums up the cooler pretty well. I'll also like to point out that they messed up their NH-D14 review by orientating it the wrong way so try again with new more reliable review sites.

Edit: Oh look

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I'd take hexus over a random person who comes on the net claiming to be running some obscure hardware review site anyday... it's also common knowledge that adding a second fan in push/pull reduces the temps on the hydro series h50 considerabley, if you really have tested so many different coolers you'd know that.

As for a measly h50 being used in hwbot, maybe you can get the latest kit (read: 2600k) from your hardware review site and then you'd see that a 'measly' h50 is more than capable of benching a 2600k at 5.2Ghz in 3d.. oh if you want you could confirm that from my hwbot profile, pics included ;)...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The Silver Arrow should be lapped too remember - although don't lap it too much! :S.

By 'should' I mean it is advantageous to do so, as its been mentioned elsehwere the base is slightly convex.

7. Helios1234

Helios1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX570
    I guess the xbitlabs review didn't support your claims so you totally ignored that. Or perhaps I should update my specs with my 990x and Rampage III Extreme which incidentally was the second sample to be sent out in the UK for review...

As for random person, I've been a member on this forum for longer than you. I just don't post a lot but thought I'd contribute in a thread where my experience could perhaps help people. I suggest you actually go try an air cooler and see the results for yourselves rather than pointlessly attack my proven claims.

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^you might aswell as add tri-sli gtx 580 to your specs while your at it, saves you having to do it next time you're arguing with someone on the internet.

H60, single stock fan.

[​IMG]

Pros:

Quiet — almost undetectable
    Maintenance-free operation
    Very compact, increases "window appeal"
    Cost-effective solution

http://www.*********************/reviews/corsair_h60/

overclockers club.com

Oh and I didn't 'attack' your claims and if you'd been on these forums as long as you say then you'd know I don't 'attack' people or be anything less than polite unless provoked, I made the simple and justified point that it's not worth moving from a corsiar H50 to another aircooler, you on the hand were the one who got personal. Please read the thread.

9. Helios1234

Helios1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX570
    Haha, it still loses... As I say try to find more in-depth reviews because I actually tested the coolers with different fans.

Oh look from the same site:

[​IMG]

Also I guess I could add tri-sli but I know longer do GPU reviews. Perhaps you could have a look and see what kind of stuff we reviewed.

You seem to be struggling to find conclusive results to back up your claims.

You claim you're not attacking me and yet you mention that I'm a randomer running some site. I don't run the site, I merely test products. The OP wanted a good air cooler and ALL the results show that a good air cooler is not only better but also quieter whereas you are simply making a misinformed judgement. I'll respond back perhaps if you show me more conclusive results. Cya

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:

11. Helios1234

Helios1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX570
    Yeah have a look at the xbitlabs results I showed.

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

It's Vortez, I think ;)

Anyway, don't see the need to further reply to above poster, if someone does stumble upon this theard while searching I'm sure they will be able to find more than enough information to make up there own mind, perhaps they could post on the site linked and ask the above poster more on his/her opinions.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    from the "proper" benchmarks I have seen. there is no need to go from high end air to the Corsair self enclosed units and vice versa. all the tests show a few c here and there difference.
    /thread

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Helios1234 has been around the Enthusiast scene for along time,he gets a lot of new hardware as soon as its available and writes an awful lot of reviews,i know he posts alot at ocuk,even though i dont like ocuk he has written some good reviews and he certainly knows what he is talking about:)

Op if your gonna listen anybody in this thread listen to Helios1234,i have found many of his reviews over the years in the past to be pretty much bang on and correct.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah the difference in temps is nothing(1-2 degrees) but the corsair is labelled as a water cooler yet its beaten or rivalled by certain air coolers,a water cooler it is but a mediocre one at that:)

Edit...and yes i have owned a h50 so i know how they perform,i gave it away within a month as my TRUE heatsink was better and quiter.

16. Helios1234

Helios1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX570
    Thanks dude :). Anyway I hope we can all calm down. I'm sure the OP will have plenty of material now to make an informed judgement.

Also BlackZero, my apologies for being too straight-forward and perhaps over the top. ALC units have their place in the market but personally, I'm yet to be fully convinced.

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Veteran i thought you said you didn't want TK quoting or replying to any of your threads in the future then how comes you're quoting him within a number of hours first chance you got? Would it be wrong to assume you have a personal reason for posting in this thread?

Thanks for the apology and no worries, though I don't fully agree with everything you posted it's always good to argue it out and then move on. cya around the forums :)

18. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs

I think we can all agree that the D14 / Silver Arrow does better than the H50...
    Better cooling = better cooler.

And it should, considering it's the best air cooler(s) available anywhere... and it's the size of a small house cat.

H50 is the entry level all-in-one water cooler.
    Looking at that graph, it's comfortably 'within the pack'. Not the best, not the worst. (H70 is beat only by the D14 in this case)
    It's a decent performer, and it'll take a 2X00K over 5ghz (which is 'enough' anyways, so no sense in going crazy).

It does come with a few other benefits :
    - Exhaust mounting allows lower in-case ambient temps for your other devices.
    - It's compact, and easy to mount/dismount (rather than the tragic screwdriver maneuvering required for massive air coolers).

Personally, I switched from 'large air coolers' to 'all in one water' specifically because they worked 'well enough' for me, and didn't come with any of the 'massive hunk of metal' hassle.

I had an OC target in mind ahead of time, and I picked the most convenient form factor cooler that lets me reach my target. That happens to be all-in-one water.

-scheherazade

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Quoted for Truth wether it was TK or anybody else i woulda said exactly the same as its QFT:thumbup:

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU: