gtx 560m wont work on panasonic tv

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by saeedkunna, Aug 27, 2011.

1. saeedkunna

saeedkunna Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560m 3GB
    hello everyone
    i bought asus g74sx gpu(gtx 560m 3gb vram) and recived it yesterday and since then i was trying to connect it via hdmi to my 3d hdtv(panasonic tc-46pgt24)and i couldnt get it work (no picture no aoudio)i've tried everything and nothing work so please any help well be apreciated here is more deatils:

1-i've tried 3 diffrent hdmi cables (didnt work)
    2-tried to uninstall reinstall nvidia driver now iam on the last ver 280 (didnt work)
    3-tried to swetch modes from (fn)+(f8)dual mode,hdmi mode and from the nividia controll i tried making the pansonic primary main display (didnt work)
    4-installed new windows 7 64bit ver also (didnt work)
    5-tried all hdmi ports on the panasonic (didnt working)
    6-updated the panasonic firmware to the latest (didnt work)
    7-updated the asus bios to the latest
    and here is some facts :
    1-all three hdmi cables working fine on the same panasonic tv when iam using my old toshiba gpu 310m
    2- i tried to connect the asus via vga cable to the pansoinc and it worked so the problem only in hdmi connection

the werid thing is that i tried my asus gpu(560m) on a sony lcd 40in and it worked fine so i guess the hdmi port is fine and didnt work on 32in sony lcd:bang:

now i dont know what is the problem is the 560m hdmi port work on some tv and some are not compitable ?

plese help i dont know what else to do

2. Pabl0z

Pabl0z Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 560 SOC
    Does your computer "find" the tv?
    I just got a new GTX 560 for my PC and I couldn't get the picture from it via hdmi to the tv (32" Sony FullHD LCD).
    Weird thing was that whichever port I plugged the hdmi in, the PC recognized the tv, I just couldn't get a picture.
    First I tried connecting through my amp, which didn't work, but after trying a couple of different ports on the tv it all of a sudden worked.
    But when I did just calibrations and whatnot I lost the picture again.
    I got the picture back after trying the amp ports again, but there were some weird artifacts on the tv.
    So after again booting up the tv and pc and trying different ports on the tv, I finally got the picture back again and I'm not touching it anymore :D.

So what I'm saying is, if your computer actually recognizes your tv, you might have the same weird problem as me and it's just dumb luck on which port it will work with and when.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Have you got anything else to test the HDMI in on the TV?

4. saeedkunna

saeedkunna Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560m 3GB
    yes laptop recogniz tv (panasonic) but i cant get picture i think its same as your problem
    lol thats weird so you didnt do any setting on tv or pc ?

i will try changing ports on tv althought i did that befor and didnt work

i am happy to find some one with similar poblem hope we can figue this

5. saeedkunna

saeedkunna Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560m 3GB
    if you mean the tv hdmi in port = yes the tv hdmi port is working fine with my old laptop and PS3

and if you mean laptop output hdmi = also i 've tried it on other tv tv and its working

problem is it wont work on my pansonic tv although it recognize the tv

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Strange.
    Contact Panasonic support and see what they say.
    It might be something being fixed in an upcoming firmware, or something they arent aware of yet.

7. saeedkunna

saeedkunna Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560m 3GB
    i think i should contact nvidia i think problem is in 560m gpu

as i mentioned before i tried the laptop on sony full hd tv and it worked

today i tried it on sony hd ready and it didnt work although laptop recogniz the sony tv (just like my panasonic tv)

8. Pabl0z

Pabl0z Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 560 SOC
    Have you tried connecting them with both the laptop and TV off, both of them on, one of them on and the other off and so on?

A friend of mine said, he also couldn't get the picture from his PC to the TV, but after turning stuff off and on again, it worked.

9. Hemectu

Hemectu Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX465 SC -> 470 SC
    on your laptop look for the Fn key (function) and a key with 2 squares or windows, this is the shortcut option to switch display modes. If your laptop sees the TV it just might not be auto switching to the tv, use the Fn function and see if you can switch over to it.

10. saeedkunna

saeedkunna Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560m 3GB
    i will try it and get back to you hope it work
    thanks

ok failed again didnt work

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

11. saeedkunna

saeedkunna Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560m 3GB
    thank you but i already did that
    laptop screen goes black but nothing on tv no picture no sound (no signal)

12. saeedkunna

saeedkunna Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560m 3GB
    iam very dispointed i've tried everything i know with no luck
    tried new sony hdmi 3d cable i bought for $50
    i contacted nvidia customre care they ask me to try diffrent driver versions
    and ask to install some app called monitor inf that grap information about any connected tvs monitors and i sent them the result but they still cant figure this out

btw i've seen some other people with same laptop gpu haveing the same problem with diffrent tv's

i dont know if this is some gpu firmware problem or bios that couse that hdmi not to work on some tv's