Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505S or Q8400S?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by maZiix, Aug 26, 2011.

1. maZiix

maZiix Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC 250 GTS nvidia
    I'm planning on buying one of them for BF3 and other games. I also want to know which one will be better if I overclock to 3.5/4.0ghz.

Thanks in advance.

2. makah21

makah21 Member

GPU:
    3080fe
    It would help out if you posted your motherboard specs. But that's okay. One thing you have to realize is the fact that quads are not as easy to overclock (depending on motherboard chipset) then dual-core. If you have a nvidia chipset like a 650i,750i, or a 680i sli(nvidia sucks for motherboards)versus a intel chipset P43 or P45. Either way I would go with the Q9505s that runs at 2.83 ghz stock. I have a Gigabyte P45 and can overclock my Q9550 to 3.8 stable then dropped it down to 3.5 for long term.
    I had a asrock 650i that is indeed was quad compatible but to actually over clock it was dam near impossible. the highest clock I got out of it was 2.93ghz. So if you have a good dual core say a wolfdale OC'd on a nvidia board you will see no difference in battlefield bad co 2 or bf3 going to a quad unless overclocked. but you will see a negative diffence in most all other games. mostly racing games and shooters the only make use of two cores in the first place. If you don't think you can get an easy overclock out of your motherboard I would upgrade MB, memory, and cpu. Believe it or not it would be the cheaper route. Any quad will do above 3 ghz

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest