11.8 CAP 2 - Deus Ex

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GrandMax, Aug 24, 2011.

1. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    delete

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. HGooper

HGooper Member

GPU:
    2 X Sapphire HD7970
    Really? On average I only manage to get about 60-70%, never before both 6970s at 99%, I'm using 11.8 WHQL along with this CAP for Human Revolution.

Something must be wrong.:3eyes:

3. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    You've got vsync enabled?

4. HGooper

HGooper Member

GPU:
    2 X Sapphire HD7970
    Vsync off. I was using 11.7 before this cap releases to public, and later switched to 11.8 along with this cap. Basically I see nothing different between both, most of time both GPUs run on 50-70%, don't know what went wrong.:bang:

5. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    But, do you experience any issues in the game itself? It doesn't matter really whether your GPU's are running @ 99% or 60-70% as long as you get a smooth 60fps.

6. HGooper

HGooper Member

GPU:
    2 X Sapphire HD7970
    I run everything max on Human Revolution, the lowest fps that I can observe is around 70fps, I don't have framerate issue beside the stuttering that causes by the game itself.

I was just wondering why didn't it work for my system, supposingly when crossfire works it'll run both cards at 99% all of the time right?

7. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I'm using 11.8 Preview (The ones with Open GL 4.2) + 11.8 CAP 2.

8. wuLFe79

wuLFe79 Guest

GPU:
    3x AMD 6970
    I'm not having much luck with the new CAP myself - all three of my GPUs are running, but only at 50-60% GPU utilization.

Running in 5760x1200 at max, that translates to under 30 fps, which is clearly unacceptable - I'm shelving the game for now, in the hopes that AMD get their act together for trifire systems.

Interestingly enough, when I disabled GPU 3, my FPS went up to about 40FPS, so clearly some negative GPU scaling for trifire systems.

I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed to see these kind of issues from a game that apparently was developed with AMD GPUs in mind.

Also, my problem is definitely not CPU related, since I checked that as well, and all 4 cores were only around 20% utilization.
    :bang:
    Sigh - sometimes I wonder why I bother buying game at launch, since it takes weeks for the driver support to catch up

9. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    CFX broke for me as well. 50% usage on each GPU. And stuttering. Bahhh. 11.8 official and 11.8 CAP2.

10. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Everything on full 65-130 FPS 1920x1080.

But this fcking new CAP makes my HUD flicker...FFS AMD cant you get anything right?

11. Freeaked1

Freeaked1 New Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5770 in crossfire.
    For some reason I can't get my crossfire to work at all in dx11 mode, works fine in dx9 (cept the stuttering at 90+fps!) When I go into the settings it only shows one card that is to say there is a 1 next to it where as without dx11 the 1 isnt there and it works fine.

12. wuLFe79

wuLFe79 Guest

GPU:
    3x AMD 6970
    Hmm - I've only tried it in DX11 mode - I'll retry this evening in DX9 and post back if it makes a difference.

13. seb4771

seb4771 Guest

Update your deus ex version

Hi all,

Using 1.1.618 retail version, good performance with MY config.

But more problem with another computer ( i7 2600k+2x6970) blue screen + fps ill (+200 fps for 5 sec and -10 fps for 15 secondes, etc... ) with Steam version.

With Patch 1.1.620, no blue screen and performance are good : +70 fps but "constant".

With patch 1.1.622 : loading time decreased to -50% and performance are boosted to +110 fps.

The bad : no patch for retail at this time, just steam version :(

Update : Steam doesn't auto-refresh my game list. update to 1.1.622 is ok for me :)
    But no change for retail dvd : it's 1.1.618 version. If you'rent internet connection, no chance for update for this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
  14. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    WTF are you talking about seb4771 Retail version uses Steam...eg: Steam version gets updated Retail version gets updated.

You have been using the naughty version again you pirate you...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  15. H.A.M.mer

H.A.M.mer Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix HD7970
    Win7 x64, Catalyst 11.8 WHQL, 11.8 CAP2, 2 Radeon 6970 in CFX.
    DX:HR works very well for me in Eyefinity (5760*1080).
    No performance-, image quality- or stability-problems.

Only 2 minor flaws so far:
    - Steam-overlay is flickering
    - Usage of GPU1 is only 65%, while GPU2-usage is around 95 %

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

16. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    Deus EX...is beyond smoothness with these caps and amd gpus...amazing performance-butter smooth...

And for mention it..."fxaa high" is the best AA...mlaa is fail and awfully blurry...:)

also be careful with FOV and SSAO...something destroys the beauty of deep graphics...

17. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    That's such a generalized comment. All AMD GPUs? I guess mine must not be an AMD GPU because the game stutters and I only have 50% usage on each core (Which means CFX is botched).

18. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    hm:pc1:...4xxx and older are dx9 capable...i suppose AMD has problem with dx9 scaling then...for me everything maxout + vsync never drops down from 60...:)

19. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    I get flickering with steam overlay if i don't use vsync. Personally I hate using vsync on shooters so to get around this, once your in game go into options and enable vsync and then disable it again and this will stop the flickering. Odd but it works.

I also do notice slight flickering/shimmering in game depending on the scene but its not that bad and deff better than the smoothing type feel you get with vsync on.

To be quite honest I'm very happy with the performance on launch. Besides the loading time issues pre-patch this is one the more smoother launches of big titles this year as far as performance goes.

20. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    GPU 1 is OFF
    Gpu 2 - 80%

-.-