I have $40 to spend on

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cliffgamerz, Aug 20, 2011.

?

How to spend $40

1. Additional Ram

50.0%
  2. Cpu cooler

33.3%
  3. Sound card

33.3%
  4. Other suggestions

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    What should i spend it on
    1. Another 4gb ram to make it 8gb(Vengeance).
    2. A good cpu cooler (recommend one for this price).
    3. A new sound card.(recommend one for this price).
    4. Any other recommendations.
    I can probably stretch money upto $60 max,but not necessarily.
    I will be waiting for another good advice from all guru3d users.

2. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    you can invite your girlfriend to watch a movie ^^

pd: i recommend you captain america if is still there

3. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    Girlfriend alone would cost more than $40.But thank you for your suggestion.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Spend it on a girlfriend or put it towards a new video card. None of the other is worth it. Maybe a new CPU cooler if you really hate the one you have (due to noise).

5. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    Firstly i don't have a girlfriend,Video card? i would wait for an year so that i will upgrade my whole system by that time.By the way it would cost more than $200 for a good video card anyways,are there any good ones for under $60.Cpu cooler i would want one which is the best for $40 - $60 price range.And why would you recommend me one over a extra ram or a good sound card?.By the way i forgot to mention i am currently using onboard sound card as my xfi is out of business (Broken).

Keep the suggestions coming.

6. EVILfreak

EVILfreak Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX570 OC
    8Gb ram is not worth it, nothing needs it unless you use photoshop.

Soundcard maybe a xonar DG.

Cooler - I would get a Coolermaster Hyper 212+, very nice cooler and it's quiet. Will be around $30 or cheeper.

You may even be able to get both xonar and cooler for $50 ish.

7. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    1. 8GB i need because crysis 2 quits with low memory after sometime with high textures,I also use photoshop as partime,but will the difference between 8gb vs 4gb be very huge.

2.About Xonar DG how good is it against xfi gamer that i had before.does it have eax 5.0,how will it sound in music as i am a music lover also.will it work with creative 5.1 speaker systems.

3.I always wanted Hyper 212+ for its price/performance ratio,but currently running stock at 35C idle and 53C 100% load.how much will the temperatures decrease.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It would be side stepping, DG might actually have worse SNR too.

9. EVILfreak

EVILfreak Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX570 OC
    The xonar DG is more for headphones because it has a headphone amp built into it, but there are other xonar cards you can get, for music i think the xonar cards are better than X-fi cards (but thats just me). All will work with any 5.1 speaker setup as long as it has normal 3.5 jacks for the sound (or optical).

The temps may drop by a few c but the cooler will be a lot quieter than stock cooler.

and more ram will help with your crisys2 and photoshop so it's all down to what you want, the cooler will have no effect on your system that you will notice, the sound card may give you better sound but will you realy be able to tell but the ram seems to be the 1 bit that will make your system run better with the games/software you use.

10. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    You could invite a girl you dont know to watch movie with you and give her 40$ as a gift.....maybe she'll give you somethin'.....
    :D D: :D

11. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    This upgrade is just temp for this system in other words looking forward to changing complete system around march 2012,so my personal view was to purchase ram as it would give some boost to system,but how about a hyper 212+ will i be able to push cpu to around 4.0Ghz+,currently i tried to push till 3.9Ghz it wasnt stable at stock voltage and temp was about 61C full load,with this stock cooler i was able to push till 3.8Ghz stable with 58C full load.So will it be worth it to upgrade cooler so that i may increase OC considering i have a weak Video card,as i know i would be Gpu bottlenecked so no oc is generally needed in case of gaming.so its maybe sound card vs ram for now.I have a spare SB Live 24,which is also ok i guess i will try it later.any other pc parts you guys can recommend,or is it just ram for now.

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Perhaps new CPU cooler and more overclock, but not sure if it's worth it, how much are lets say 1TB HDD's ?

Or just go and buy beer...

13. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    Go to a bar, invite some girl to drink with you and try to get laid.

IMO $40 is too little for hardware improvements.

14. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    i have just installed SB live 24 with modded drivers from danielK,it sounds awsome,much better than onboard VIA.Sound Card upgrade is cancelled so now its only RAM unless someone wants to change my mind with any other upgrade,are there any good mouse in that price range?