Ever so good people thought you cheated?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by peanutmanak47, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    belonging to the .id clan years ago with TFC, I was accused of it all the time. It was really hilarious how people would just go off the deep end when they just can't compete.

2. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I used to play Warcraft3 Map called Dota for around 4-5 years, But stopped playing it now because most of the online multiplayer game are currently inflated with players who do not know how the map mechanics work or how to play on that map.

(citing that the map has something like 90+ heros and something like 50+ items and each hero has 4-5 skills totally unique..Its almost like a game mod_but its a map created from War3editor_size is around <10 MB)

Got feed up of being called cheater, or hacker....Ended up uninstalling the game and deleted all Dota maps..

3. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    since getting a 120hz screen Ive been accused of this a lot in bc2 and crysis2, I dont hack just have no input lag.

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    used to get it when I played COD1 when i was a good twitch gamer lost most of that skill in the game side but I have been able to apply it to real weapons twitch shooting at the range can be very helpful

5. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Played CoD: UO as my main game pretty much since it was released, been banned from more than a few servers over the years lol even ones where I have a ping disadvantage.

Sometimes the "cheat" comments get a bit tedious, nice moral booster though if I'm feeling down ^^

6. Andrés

Andrés Guest

To be called a cheater means nothing. Pretty much all kids do that when they are losing, and it doesn't necessarily mean you are that good playing. People often called me that in "Grid" but I'm just an average player.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Funny thing is, I'm an admin of one of the servers I play on lol.

8. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    If u play the same game over and over for months/years and got some decent hardware foundation, then i don't see why you would not be "good" or even pro ha ha.

i use to be called a hacker allot...but i think the gaming community got a hint.

9. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Just a couple of times in CS:CZ back when I was good at it.

10. OmniShift

OmniShift Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 DCU2 OC
    At some servers when I play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, I was just in massive killing sprees, while in other servers I got owned time after time. When I was doing great, I was frequently accused of various forms of cheating.

I also had massive killing sprees in almost every game of Combat Arms. That really was nothing special, because the game had rather stupid mechanics: The first shot of a automatic rifle is always very accurate, while every shot fired directly after it loses accuracy at a massive unrealistic rate. People who squeeze the trigger could empty an entire magazine on somebody 3m away and only hit them with 1 bullet (the first). So with a automatic rifle, click once (multiple times) and you got perfect aiming at almost just as high RoF. It was so accurate, you could snipe with it in some maps while other people paid to get a sniper :p
    But when people started wallhacking for real (which happened by a lot of people all of the sudden at the same time), the game just didnt get fun to play anymore. I mean what fun is a CTF game if a player grabs the flag and simply sinks through the game floor to move the flag underground? Its a shame, but it was fun hearing those accusations pointed at me for a while :p

11. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Somebody accused me of being to bend bullets around corners in MW2....

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Couple of times in UT2k4 :D

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    F1 2002. had 2nd best time in world rankings in 5 circuits and "only" top 10 in the rest, and whenever Id join a random game immediately someone would accuse me or being a cheat. For example I'd go and easily post a 1.02.xxx laptime in A1 ring while everyone else couldn't even get passed 1.07 :p

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
  15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    In MW2 I'm always accused of it. I don't play on the Steam servers anymore, I play on AlterIWnet and people accuse me all the time.

16. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Yes, on a semi regular basis. Banned from a few BC2 servers as well. Funny thing is, I'm 40 and have never cheated/hacked in my life. My reaction time shouldn't be anywhere near you younger guys.

If you can't take me down, somethings wrong with you imho. lol

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i got people enraged using 56k speed. i lulzd
    *eidt
    i forgot i used to get accused of cheating in online chess games..like alot.
    then a few times they or someone watching would rematch me using a computer, beat me then say my computer is weak. lmao...stupid kids. i think i beat a few peoples comptuers, for a while i was very good at it. not much anymore though

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  18. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Back in my prime in Diablo II LoD I was quite often accused of cheating in duels. I knew how to build good characters, knew how to duel every class and their tactics, and I had the gear to support it all. I was quite often accused of modding my gear or using a bot to kill people. Noobs were always afraid of my level 95 sorceress and a few called me a botter for getting that high. Level 95 isn't really too difficult to do, unlike level 99.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    In any game I play regularly.

20. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Earlier in CoD4 MW1.