LOL at me

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by RighteousRami, Aug 10, 2011.

1. RighteousRami

RighteousRami Guest

GPU:
    2 MSI 980 SLI
    Hey all i just recieved my new 1155 tight arse mobo from asrock for 80bucks, intel i5 2400, 8gb of corsair ram and thermaltake case with 450w power supply lawl......

anyway, i installed everything fine and put in my ati 5770 card....no picture from either the mobo or gpu ports...took the card out and it worked from my mobo hdmi port. I then went to put my 5770 back in and it was being a bit stubborn...anyway my hand slipped and ripped off one of the cpacitors on the pcb of the gpu...........

now this is an odd question but could i somehow get it repaired..... i dont care if i cant as i am using my backup gts250 which is just as good on this cpu surprisingly.

Fail

2. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    Can't you solder it back on the same spot?:confused:

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
  4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just send it back through RMA and say it came like that,they have to change it even if they dont believe you which i cant see them doing anyhow,just be more careful next time:)

5. RighteousRami

RighteousRami Guest

GPU:
    2 MSI 980 SLI
    Well sadly i got the card for free from work so an RMA with no proof i baught the card isnt possible i think. Haha yeah i will be more careful next time lol.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2879/ati5770.jpg

Ill be buying a 560ti and 550w psu in the next couple of weeks nehow so it doesnt really matter.

Yes i could solder it but to be honest i have only had bad experiences with my soldering...also i dot hav an iron sooo bugger :p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  6. Alkerion

Alkerion Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6970 DCII
    Hello !

It's not problem to solder a new caps at this place.

I'm pretty sure that you can easily find someone that can fix this within minutes.

BR