Stalker mod 2012!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JEFFRO503, Jun 16, 2011.

1. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yeah, Complete 2012 is more or less the same as Complete 2009. I think they just updated the year. When you download it, you still get the 2009 link.

It has been online is April 12th 2009...

It has been posted, and talked about on here many many times. You should consider using the forum search tool before making new threads.

However, it is an awesome mod!

EDIT: Good luck trying to run that mod on your current system specs, it is a very demanding mod with some pretty high res textures and requires quite a lot of processing power too.

3. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    well damn.....looks like I jumped the gun here. Been out for a little while now I guess.

4. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Ahhh...I see. I do have a new comp being built right now , so I got that covered. When I was reading about the Stalker mod 2012 , it looked like ( at first ) they had just released it or something. My bad.

Dang it.....was hoping I stumbled onto something new hehe.

5. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Couldn't find a more recent Stalker thread than this, so I figured I'd post here instead of start a new thread. I had a question for anyone else that is playing Shadow of Chernobyl with the Complete Mod. I just started playing within the last few days and the mod really does a fabulous job. Such an improvement upon the vanilla game. That said, when I max everything out (Max settings, Full Dynamic Lighting), I notice black lines on buildings. You can clearly see them in the following images:

(Re-sized from 1600x900 to 1280x720)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried two different driver sets (270.61 and the 280.19 betas), neither made a difference. When I change from Full Dynamic Lighting to Static Lighting, the issue goes away, but obviously that's not an ideal way to play the game.

Anyone know what the issue is? Any possible solutions? Thanks to anyone who can help.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^

that happens in Clear Sky vanilla as well, its probably something with Anisotropic filtering or some kind of cheat either in engine or by nvidia..

like so, this was with my old 250gts @ dx10 full dynamic lightning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i saw something similar by Crysis2 dx11 if i forced Anisotropic filtering in nv driver (ingame looked like trilinear), lol nv tech said its game fault and that they stopped communicating with Crysis2 tech team, so now they recommend don't force AF.. fail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yib-QNsvOqs&hd=1

but i think its nv cheating a bit..they did some weird stuff with AF in the past..

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I'm looking forword to those mods out there that will eventually include all of the maps in 1 game. Especially S.M.R.T.E.R. Pripyat.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That above is a shadow related problem but it's a bit difficult to fix, something about the r2_sun commands for shadow distance and appearance, there's a number of posts about it but I only got it in early versions of Clear Sky so I don't know much more about it unfortunately.

As for Complete they're still working on the 2012 version, it's not done yet, lately I replayed the Aurora mod and now I'm waiting to check out Misery for Pripyat. :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery

Many other interesting projects in the works for all three Stalker titles though, Lost Alpha for example adding back the early leaked builds levels. :)

9. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    One thing I don't understand why the complete series hasn't tuned (however much I like them): When (right-button) aiming a weapon with open sights: Why isn't the front-sight sharp, with the back a bit blurry, and whatever you're aiming at a lot more blurry (correct focusing on the front sights). With scopes and red-dot reticles, you can usually focus on the target, but not with open sights...

//Svein

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    Ahh stalker, my favourite game, I keep coming back to it after getting dissapointed with ports, Imma do another run through of clear sky tonight :D

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I really didnt get to Complete. First i thought, nice, feels like the original (hate mods that change too much), then i thought, wtf? Its the same as the original.

Yeah, you get one hundred twenty eight climates and their grandmas but i felt dissapointed after playing with Oblivion Lost.

BTW, that shadow issue is proper a pain in the ass. On some installs is there, on some installs it isnt, had it with my GF8600 on Clear Sky i remember. Not only that but also a shadow glitch that messed up the appareance, it seemed like shadows appeard around 8m in front of you only. And no, i tweaked all the draw distance settings.

Impressive display of shader techniques (volumetric smoke, volumetric lighting on the sun, wet surfaces, etc) but buggy as hell.

Ah! That made me remeber, there was a glitch, similar to those stripes on buildings on Clear Sky, was related to wet surfaces and a transparent texture that went along the walls of buildings simulating water falling on the surface of the walls. If Complete uses any of the CS shaders, it may be the same issue.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i installed this for chernobyl,gonna play it when i gets the time maybe,it does look good.

I never did get into chernobyl as i played it when it first came out before it was patched and it had lots of bugs which broke my game and i had to uninstall it.

13. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  14. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I try not to get my hopes up over anything posted on moddb. That is the place where promising mods to go die halfway through development. Based on the comments there, this mod seems to be going in that direction.

I should really give the original stalker another try... but after playing CoP and thinking it looked absolutely horrendous, I'm not sure how well the original would hold up. I'll give the complete mod a try, I suppose.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012