Modified ATI Catalyst 11.2 Switchable Graphics Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Youzen, Mar 2, 2011.

1. HairyCube

HairyCube Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
    Thanks V-FrIeNd, your driver works with Vostro 3450. However, I still can't use OpenGL on my 6630M :(
    Has anyone been able to get OpenGL to work on Sandy Bridge laptops using modified drivers? I'm still struggling...

2. favas0

favas0 Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5470 512mb
    Although i have the same card ati 5470 which is in these models . ATI_11.6_W7x64_Alien9_switchable_v3.exe
    didnt work for me . my laptop model states that i have switchable graphics but hp ati driver didnt work for me :bang: this is what i find in my inf file

[ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1]
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470" = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_143A103C
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370" = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_143A103C
    ;

3. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Dropbox disabled your link. Any mirrors?

4. iaTa

iaTa Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M
    It works again now :)

5. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
  6. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6700XT
    are you guys gonna upgrade the drivers anymore `?

7. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Please make switchable drivers with 11.7b catalyst and CAP3 :)
    In original drivers from manufacturer I have also one extra file - CCC-profile-mobile, but I didn´t find what it is.

I have Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E520 with Intel i3 and HD6630M.

Thanks a lot :)

8. planetf1

planetf1 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT GS 128Mb DDR3
    Any thoughts about getting this working on a Lenovo W500

Latest manufacturer drivers at http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73641

I actually missed this update as it's badly labelled as bios! It isn't - it's video!

Hardware IDs are:

ATI (ATI FirePro V5700 (FireGL))

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591&SUBSYS_212617AA&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591&SUBSYS_212617AA
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591&CC_0300

Intel (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_211517AA&REV_07
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_211517AA
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&CC_0300

9. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    OK, yours drivers doesn´t work on Lenovo TP Edge E520. It can´t install ATI display driver :(

So how I made it:
    Install original Lenovo drivers
    Install new mobile CCC , but don´t install ATI display driver! (custom installation)
    Update drivers manualy in hardware manager

Also you can install CAP3 :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  10. wellhung

wellhung Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 5650
    Can someone explain to me why we need to remove Intel Management Software? In my Remove Programs this goes by the full name "Intel Management Engine Components" right ?

I read about it and what it does, it's basically a remote prog for network admins to get into my laptop right? So I don't really need it?

Thanks for any info.

11. nonyhaha

nonyhaha Guest

GPU:
    ati 5730m
    so,
    on my laptop, lenovo y560 with an ati 5730 and intel hd graphics cards, icant install the 11.6 version. it is also telling me that i have no switchable system.
    any idea why?
    also, the method mentioned by TwL also didnt work. :|

12. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Just because you have switchable capable doesn't mean you have one. Contact Lenovo and ask if your model supports it. This is something laptop manufacturers have to implement, often they choose not to.

13. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Try my method. It works OK on my Lenovo TP E520 :)
    I have now 11.8 WHQL drivers.

14. nonyhaha

nonyhaha Guest

GPU:
    ati 5730m
    i will try it.
    i must mention that i have lenovo's drivers installed now, and i saw that they are 11.7. and switching works, of course.

P.S.
    yeeey i have the latest drivers!

nope, still 11.7 but the date is back to 2010. how can i mnually install the latest drivers? where to get them?

P.P.S.
    this is very annoying. i managed to install 11.8 catalyst version and crysis 2 was no longer playable. now i just can't go back to catalyst 11.7. i uninstalled everything from ati, used driver sweeper and ccleaner and still the catalyst version is 11.8. any idea how i could revert to the previous version?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  15. nonyhaha

nonyhaha Guest

GPU:
    ati 5730m
    reinstalling windows. i managed to wipe everything, installed the stock drivers from lenovo, reinstalled crysis, and still the game is unplayabe. 10-15 fps. before i had 30-40 fps.

16. iaTa

iaTa Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M
    Hey Alien,

If you have some free time would you mind updating your switchable driver?

Cheers.

17. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    nonyhaha: When you reinstall drivers manualy, it works, but CCC show old version. When you look in to GPU-Z you can see true verison :)

18. dcw1sfu

dcw1sfu New Member

GPU:
    9800GTX + 512
    I have a HP dv6-6128ca

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...-core-a6-3400m-black-dv6-6128ca/10171280.aspx

This has the 6755G2 so basically its a graphics card with the 6550g and 6750M

The 6750M is supposed to be the dedicated. However ive been trying tons of drivers and i really only think the 6550G is running. Will these drivers solve my problem?? Or do i need something different.

(im only getting 20-25FPS abolute minimum graphics setting in Rift i think i should be getting more then this)

19. nosense

nosense Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5470 / Intel HD G.
    Hi all.

Once I've seen this work I realized it was very valuable.
    Right away I tried to contact Alien9 in order to create a dedicated web-page, and possibly share its knowledge.

Even so, all my attemps to reach him where in vain.

For what I understood, Alien9 has reached a point where he doesn't have time to keep up with this work.
    It seems to me that he is going to abandond this one-man-ship.

I can only hope that he shares some of what he learned with us.

Thanks for your work Alien9!

Kind regards.

20. Nautis

Nautis Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Hybrid Graphics
    I have been working with Nvidia switchable graphics drivers for quite a while now. My girlfriend recently got a Vaio SC from best buy so I got my first taste of ATI/AMD switchable graphics. Needless to say I have been looking into the procedures ATi/AMD uses for their switchable graphics and have quite a bit of it down. Expanding Alien8s work wouldn't be too difficult of a thing it is unfortunate though that many who seem to be modding ATI/AMD switchable graphics drivers do not go about documenting the process or their findings much. One thing that I have noticed about ATI/AMDs approach to switchable graphics is that its use of a proxy allows for separation of the Intel and ATI/AMD drivers. This is beneficial for us because using separate Intel and ATI/AMD drivers, as windows expects, allows us to use the security catalog for each resulting in no driver signing needed.

The real difficulty in a universal switchable graphics driver for ATI/AMD is the various approaches to switching and the various techniques used to do it. We have both multiplexer and non-multiplexer based switching, on top of that we have hardware switches, software switches, automatic software switches, etc. Its a grand undertaking I understand well because I tried it on the Nvidia side.

I have looked at Alien8s driver package and I like a lot of what hes done but there are a few areas that could be improved.