Nvidia at Frys, but then they said not in stock after order

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by retiredat44, Jun 9, 2011.

1. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    Small story,,
    for 2 days I checked for the best deals.. I thought it would be nice to go to Fry's and pick up a video card on sale, so I chose one, and did an online order/ in store pick-up. I get an e-mail back ina few minutes saying the video card was not there and to cancel. I called and said what the hell is going on, the website checked lal the stores and told me it is in stock, and the lady runs me around in circles for 10 munutes, finally I begged her to find out why it says they have them and then not have them... she says she is checking, then tells me they don't have any, except for a floor model.

I searched Newegg.com but ended up using Tiger Direct. I had a very bad experience with Tiger Direct and rebates several years back. But, I will try them once again to see if they fixed their big big rebate problems...

The PNY video card has a lifetime warranty...

The Newegg deals just ended up not being any better with taxes (California taxes suck big time..) and shipping... almost a tossup... Tiger Direct didn't charge me tax,,, and the cheap shipping is $3.00 for 2 weeks,, I paid 7 dollars for 4 days...
    next week I should be able to rock this computer. I have been flying with around 20-35 fps in the worst maps.

I got a PNY GTX 460 1 GB 256 bit...
    $150.00 after 4 day shipping..
    :banana:

btw, after leaving Nvidia 15 years ago, I am dumping Radeon and back to Nvidia..

2. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    my PNY GTX460 1GB 256bit from TigerDirect for the $150.00 after $30 rebate turned out to be the best deal, and I am very happy so far..
    no problems at all...

sure am happy to have dumped my old Radeon card...
    the flight sims I fly sure like Nvidia,, they are optimized for them..
    :banana:

3. Miniouse

Miniouse Guest

GPU:
    2x 6950 xfx
    I love TigerDirect over all other otions when I'm not able to get ahold of something at CanadaComputers, they've personally never let me down. And same here I almost always choose Nvidia over ati. Though I'm currently trying to sell my 460 for $150, or even $100 if no luck.

4. angmar

angmar Guest

I wish I knew tiger direct didn't charge tax a long time ago. Bleh

5. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    still hoping for the TD rebate,,, it's been 3 weeks since, and the rebate site has no record of it. only only $30, but $30 is $30 !! many years ago I got screwed around by TD< but finally got he rebate, but it was a day of hell to get them to stop scvrewing me.. I hope they don't drag it out for 2 months..

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    tiger direct does not handle the rebates. pny has a couple outside parties that do that. normally a rebate wont get processed until after it ends and even then, itll probably be another 4-6 weeks before you get anything in the mail.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I thought the first graphics card made by Nvidia was the Geforce 256, first introduced in 1999 (12 years ago). :nerd:

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What about the RIVA line or the NV1 released in '95?

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yeah the Riva was before, my mistake. I owned a Riva TNT2 64 in 2000 and thought they had come later.