Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    The high settings have ambient occlusion on while medium don't, that can be quite a frame killer alone.

There seems to be some sort of AA on high it must be FXAA or MSAA in the settings file its just set to 1 which is the lowest(well apart from 0 which is none :p)

it seems to do close up objects and characters quite well but scenery not so well.

oops forgot to mention Bazajaytee (dice dev) posted that the new nvidia beta drivers have fixes for bf3 that nvidia have done from the e3 showing of metro.

so hopefully they will be release before the alpha is over lol

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    How can you play the Alpha version?

Do you have invitation or what?

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Seems like everyone has it except us lol

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Sorry about so much post but

hmm so even more destruction in final :p its all good.

5. Vositikota

Vositikota Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SLI
    Yeah, the level of destruction has me a little worried, but I'm also more worried about how the classes are balanced; I don't want another "Marksmen R Us" game.

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I think the balancing is a lot better, I love been a medic in bfbc2 but to be honest its so over powered you get massive guns with loads of ammo and unlimited health, stick a scope on and you can pick of snipers and assault.

swapping ammo and health round has balanced it a lot, support now does its job of suppressing the enemy while handing ammo out and assault gets health of the front line.

what worries about classes do you have?

7. bigb159

bigb159 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850 1GB
    Things are looking good!!!

8. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    This is no alpha for gameplay/crash bugs etc.
    They just make some server related tests.

The reported bugs are just a nice byproduct for them I guess.

9. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah ill add you later when i get on,thing is i played last night for a little while then i crashed so i tried to load it back up and it just hung there trying to lad the map,i tried selecting quick play and selected a server within the browser after installing that plugin,still just hanging there,will try later when i get home.

Origin is **** also.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Will test later and let you know,should be ok on 1x295 not bad for a gpu that is 2 generations old:)

12. Vositikota

Vositikota Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SLI
    Well snipers for one. I mean I want them to be powerful, one shot headshots and such, but I want to see the levels have some sort of obscurance so you can't cross map kill, and maybe instead of C4 packets they have claymores or triggered frag mines, so that they aren't one-shotting vehicles and people in the same life.

The support class is likely to be a power-house at mid range, given that the machine gun is their one and only function. I'd like to see the range drop significantly and their bullet cluster tighten, bullet damage drop but fire rate increase.

The assault / medic should be fairly balanced, as long as they don't have godly assault rifles.

I hope that the damage of rockets against people is lowered and the effective range of carbines increase, while there being submachine guns as well, with high-fire rates but low accuracy and range. For the engineer there needs to be a distinction between the SMGs and Carbines, because carbines are just light-weight assault rifles.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    finally got it running again,bitdefender firewall was blocking,yeah its not bad actually,sometimes it runs as smooth as silk and sometimes it goes very laggy,it does feel to me like bc2 atm but the guns dont feel as cumbersome as they do in bc2,they feel lighter to manuveur kinda.

I didnt like the triangle spotting BS just like in bc2,you may as well use a wallhack cause thats what it is,i killed people just by spamming Q button over some bushes and hey presto they light up like an xmas tree.

Th interface when you deploy you chosen class(spawn) seems lighter and transparent in colour,that seems ok.

I know its alpha and its early stages but it does feel like bc 2.5 on first impressions,im not going to waste anymore time on it tbh,well i may have a go here and there in very small doses if i can be bothered, but to you guys that dont have it,its nothing to really get excited about,its one map thats laggy,buggy and repetitive,you aint really missing much tbh:)

dcx baddass i dont know how to add you:)

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

snipers do 1 hit headshot kill just not that first auto rifle unlock the SV98 and it 1 hit kills.

C4 now goes to the support, sniper doesn't unlock any gadgets in the alpha (as far as I know) but its been stated by devs they will get lots of team helping tools, so make of that what you will.

support is pretty balanced as now guns have better recoil so a lot less mg snipering like in bfbc2.

up close smg's own them and long rage assault and sniper own them so their role of mid line support and suppression works well.

rpg to person damage is fine they have cleaned up the area effect and have slowed aiming down from when running with the rpg out.

only problem I have it the apc takes a lot of rockets to kill even when shot from behind.

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    the repair torch killing wow thats lame.
    they stole that from frontlines lol...are we going to need a repair tool i heard the vehicles have regen?

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    great post mate, thanks for that, has completely removed most of my interest in the Alpha because the map( looking at the vids ) is more like BC2 maps and not what im interested in the game for, i.e. huge maps for choppers and jets.

One question though, BC2 for me lacks the animation on the soldiers like BF2 did( i.e. running with some of your team mates seemed a bit off and the same for the enemy ), its hard to pinpoint and explain, but does the alpha seem like that or seem improved? basically while BF2 had crap animation it was all really fluid and responsive and i never got that feeling with BC2, not to the same extent at least, in BC2 i get a feeling of the animation running at 30FPS while the game would be running at 60FPS+

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    @Veteran
    what was your average fps and what settings you using?

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah the animation seems ok tbh smooth from what i seen,i didnt really run alongside people too much tbh,i just had a quick look cause i wanted to gtfo and play something else,the game has potential but not in its alpha form,but i think it will be good once the Back to karkand dlc arrives if your into BF2 then you cant go wrong aslong as enjoyed the 4 maps(2 of my all time favourites being Sharqi and Wake)combine this with ranks,unlocks,medals,jets,choppers etc think we have a winner,however i know its alpha and i would be crazy to say this but im gonna say it anyhow,i think the little things like triangle spotting which ruin it(bring back mini map spotting) and no commander combined with other features that are missing from bf3 that was in bf2 will seriously damage the game for the longterm players,i know this sounds stupid but i really cant see it beating bf2 overall as many things seem a step backwards instead of forwards,because of this i reckon that the really hardcore bf players will stick with bf2 and bf3 will become the new bc2 with most players migrating to bf3 and bc2 kinda dying off,however im still looking forward to bf3 beta,the alpha i couldnt give 2 hoots about tbh:)

I really do think the jewel in the crown for this game is the DLC back to karkand pack,once the dust settles i predict these old maps to be played more than any of the new maps,i can see all the karkand 24/7 servers up there right now lol:)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I didnt change any settings,i think its set to max by the look of it(1920*1080),but ill have to check that out again,sometimes its dead smooth and i get between 45 and 60 fps using 1x295 but then sometimes it lags real bad and grinds to a halt,i mean stops,then starts 5 seconds later.

I will have to check this out later,but because its alpha i aint really to interested as alot can change,i think if u can run bc2 ok then u will be ok running this,i think bf3 will be alittle more demanding but not so much in a way where its unplayable,especially if you turn a few things off.If u can play bc2 quite well then i think u can play this quite well performance wise when its finished.

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    thanks for the post and the info, it actually scares me a little that the close combat of BF3 doesnt seem right and that it seems more like BC2 on steroids. The Alpha combat should have compared to the nuttyness of Karkand( based on that map and the videos i have seen ) but it sounds like the lack of commander and commo rose is dumbing the game down to BC2 level?

Dont get me wrong, Sharqi is my absolute fav BF2 map second only to Warlord in SF's, however what we wanted in BF2 was more maps, so having a new engine with the old maps isint really progression, although admitedly nice.
    I've lowered my expectation of the game to not be a BF2 replacement any longer to being a progression of BC2 but with bigger maps and jets.( i do like BC2 but nowhere near as much as i liked BF2 )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.