After 8 years absence i am back and need help please.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by eLGbesi, Jul 22, 2011.

1. eLGbesi

eLGbesi Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hello everyone .
    after 8 years being away from desktop PCs i am back.
    last PC was P4 2.4 , 256 MB RAM , 40GB HD and a radeon prophet 9700 pro(actually read the review on this site ).
    pc died 2003 and since then i've been using laptops for my computer needs.
    last month my brother gave me his 1 year old pc because he got a new one .
    now what i need help with is something simple ( i am new to these new hardware , a total noob) how can i optimize my PC to run as best as it can .
    everything running at stock . i ran a software that was on the pc 3dmark vantage and got P21749 3DMarks.
    so if someone with same spec or an expert can advice me with few tips it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    What is the exact processor? Also make sure all your drivers are up to date, and windows update, etc. Nvidia drivers too. Make sure your asus rampage has the latest bios.

Also chipset drivers help alot http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...oductProduct=IntelĀ®+5+Series+Chipset&lang=eng

I also recommend downloading Ccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard Running it, and the registry cleaner. Also run disk cleanup and delete all the old restore points, and then doing a defrag.

3. Assassino

Assassino Guest

GPU:
    650 Ti BOOST OC
    I have to say your brother gave you a SWEET rig dude. Learn all you can from it, part by part - it's all over this forum and on the internet.

As Agent-A01 said, check and see whether it is updated in terms of driver. And run some stability tests. Its better to be safe

4. eLGbesi

eLGbesi Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Agent-A01 thank you very much . the CPU is i7 930,about the motherboard bios according to my brother the bios installed is the most stable one for this PC in case i want to OC . the pc was formatted and freshly installed everything . and to my surprise Ccleaner already installed on the pc .
    Assassino thank you very much , yes the pc is amazing considering the fact that i have been using laptops the past 8 years and last game played was age of mythology lol.