Custom computer builder....Terrible experinece.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoosePower

MoosePower Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    What about the 1155 motherboards? :) I bet 8gb sticks of server memory would work on it.

Edit: Aha, think I found one. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148436

Edit: nevermind..

* According to IntelĀ® SPEC, the Max. 32GB memory capacity can be supported with DIMMs of 8GB (or above). ASUS will update QVL once the DIMMs are available on the market.

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333 Hz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    Ive been guilty of this before but time for the hypocritical side of me to pop out, your derailing the thread :)

Jeff please understand the guy is a prize idiot of the highest caliber and if you give him the rig back you will either

a) never get the rig back

b) get the rig back in an even worse shocking state

c) end up paying more than its worth due to time+parts=value drops like a stone.

d) you ACTUALLY get so angry that you get yourself an assault charge

You need to wake up and spend about three hours of your time on here getting the most accurate and valuable info on how to build your system and get yourself some self satisfaction at the same time. Sorry to be blunt but you need to know this idiot is not worth wasting anymore time or money with.

Does he have a shop or business number? even his own URL? I only ask because there is no chance in hell he has a $8000 trade account without one of those, Im sorry but someone with a trade account that big would know his sh$t and this guy obviously is a novice.

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    You know you can RMA directly to the manufacturer without receipts, Western Digital should allow it for a start

4. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Yep, don't do any more with that ass.

All you need is some patience, and the wealth of infinite knowledge that is Guru3D.

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Especially after this experience, I am sure a lot of people would be willing to help you out step by step, if you have a laptop with a webcam (or can borrow one) it would make it even easier.

6. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    You guys here have already been a huge help for me , and it's been appreciated more than you know. I think what I may do ( if you don't mind ) is I may start a new thread now , and start it off with a more positive note. Yeah....I still have to deal with that idiot just a little longer , but I've made some ground rules for this guy and it's pretty much just over.

Anyways.....just started the thread here if you wanna join in. I could use all the help I can get. >>>> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4043755#post4043755

7. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Lol I can build a complete system up and running with the os and all the drivers installed in 1-2 hours! This guy is a moron you used sadly...being it took him so long I can almost guarantee you it's going to have problems.

8. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    "You are crazy.....it's worth more now that I modified it!" I LMAO at his comment. First sorry to hear of your terrible experience with a so called techy. But wow dude butchered your system and card, and then has the nerve to say is worth more cause he modified it. I guess modified and butchered have to different meanings in his little world.

Hopefully you get this system worked out and put this very bad experience behind you. The guys here are real good and will get you pointed in the right direction that is for sure.

Here is a pic of my old gaming rig I built. Working on the new system as I type.
    [​IMG]

9. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    I just have to ask, why do people ask this question? I have worked in the IT industry for almost 20yrs now, and I have never asked that question when a user wants a custom rig built. If a user wants 64Gigs of ram, I order it, and NEVER question why.

Other than that, I hate all flavors of windows OS home versions, Pro and above is the way to go.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, what the guy said is bs regarding being worth more. I have a modified gtx470 with custom cooling and I bought it off ebay. It's actually worth less than a 2nd hand standard model due to the cooling on it, despite it being better cooling than standard. If it's been tinkered with it's usually worth less, unless manufacturer did it and even then, it's got to be brand-new to sell for more.

11. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    True statement as an IT pro myself and even more true today because of how cheap desktop memory is. You can have 16GB for $120 if you shop around...no point to skimping on RAM in todays market

12. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ye, seeing how 8 GB costs C$120 I don't think that's possible in Canada lol

deltatux

13. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III

Actually here it is before the fans on one of the gcard stopped spinning, for anyone with a single, 2x80s took 10-20c off. careful with the zip ties, heatpipes get hot enough to melt them, do not put any against the heatpipe or it may start a fire... sure as heck burnt my finger.

and here's some pics of what i build and the video i made when I had spitrod all together on the fifth.

I like how the guy who leaves the water tower i built him with me for 2 years complains about 3 weeks.... since i had the case, got the last necessary part (waterblock) the week before the 4th, oh and my birthday is 7/2 so yeah. now all ya all can know what kind of stuff this guy hasn't been including in his posts.

things like he didn't like the excess wires from the waterbox' psu and the spray paint squirt dictating where to put what pump and in what orientation to gain head rather than cause turbulence and avoid any hose pinch impeller stopping on the mcp300.... So he keeps 600 or so dollars worth of stuff I bought from newegg and lays on me the watercooling tower i built 2 years for him that he's had a week, and as we all know custom is a per person thing, people wouldn't buy it off me for the last 6 months to try and get him some of the $340 he spent on it, 90 went to waste with the mcw50s that don't fit modern cards, depicted on my peltier waterchiller so they don't go in the garbage. and yeah he steals stuff i paid for, gives me something he had me make, and liked enough to give me $40 extra on a $100 labor cost ( i did all the mods). but now cuz he can't push wires or peel up neoprene it's mine and he keeps stuff that's on my newegg preferred account?! as said at ocforums. small claims court.

unless you guys can convince him to wise up before I also sue him for driving me so crazy that I haven't slept in.... going on 50 hours now cuz I'm unemployed and I don't have money that he was supposed to pay me so I could not get a warrant out for an unpaid speeding ticket (i like to go fast not just on my core, but in my car, snap!).

So without further ado, a link to the zip file with an avi and some pics of Spitrod, (my name starts with spit), and RWB (red white and blue) to show you the builds I do, one all done and while I needed a go go go old people cart battery for the peltiers due to pdx lan power limitations, a waterchilled E8500 I think running at 4.1.... it was a year ago and like i said, 50 hours. at 58 i call my mom and sister and then there's more people who are ticked at jeff for driving me nutts, but these ones are women, and its a family thing... so hopefully they'll help me with the give me my stuff back, take your stuff back, and give me the restocking fee and s&H cost, he knows what gear it was, he can figure out the math, he's the one that doesn't know an Intel RST glitch from a bad hard drive nor a failing overclock from a stray electron causing a quick glitch, and I'm the one whose out money and can't sleep.

So enjoy the video, sorry for cursing in my narration, :biggun: its in my nature but in a pinch i can convert to things like frickin damn... funny hearing it the first time, not funny after that, until it was funny saying it the first time. SF,HCC, you know who we are.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3I5TUZB5

14. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    ah just caught the end of what i quoted, yeah, i tuned tested and well, ya know, played on that thing for the week before he didn't pick up when i couldnt find his street (seriously, google maps st. helens oregon, columbia is just columbia, not that other thing it says which is what i was looking for to turn left on) for 3 or was it 5 calls so I'm ticked amd hading home, it was after his bed time after all (10). So I figure I'll do a clean install so he doesn't have to have all the crap from my week of using it as my primary when I run afurmark a bit and see the top card hit 95C in the time it takes me to go to the bathrrom in a 22C ambient... too hot.

15. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    try to find a fix, other than shroud removal, 45 minutes of looking and trying different side fan configs, I concede and remove the shroud, after getting permission btw. f fans are on shroud, remove remount, try to rerun that shortest wire of youre life! without touchghing heatpipe. Get it? got it? nope, f the fans arent spinning, like tension broke pin to wire solder joint. F cutting this bch open, I grab two 80s and hit the road.

check this out, you hear the complaning up there right, the 2 years i held on to his wc towre, the 6 months of local steam networking with no buyer in sight... and Jeff doesn't even have his desk put together and cables out ready for where he wants the computer. gee, do i need to try and find a delay so he can get more time to do the sht he was gonna do 3 weeks AGO and certainly wasn't doing everytime he called and texted while I was finding a way to bringhis card temps down.

thus like I sad, 68, maybe 69 series wtih stockish coolers, single or if you have space. 80s man, do it like we'd do the artic silver or whoever Radeon 9xxx am cooler mod and you'll be happy as a clam and a cool clam at that.

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    you are for real man ?
    seriously,...
    did you realize that all gurus from guru3d know about your awesome mod ? :puke2:
    man you need medical advice...

17. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    mate ur posts don't make any sense :wanker:

18. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    So glad Nick joined up here. His thread on the other site got nuked because he was posting personal info about me and telling a bunch of lies. OMG Nick.....grow up and take your medicine like an adult.

And again....pictures speak a thousand words don't they?

BTW guys...be preppared for a bunch of jabbering nonsense that makes no sense at all. He'll type out about 30 pages of crap that have nothing to do with anything.

Bottom line....he built me a crappy computer that fell apart in 24hrs. used a pirated copy of Windows ( oh yeah Nick....still got two of the HD's with all your install stuff on it ) and rat nest of a computer which had a voided warranty video card and MB because he doesn't know what he's doing.

I won't need to say anything more about the TOTAL amount og $680.00 I paid for a water tower that looked like the way it did. I paid for what I kept...gave you all your hacked up , broken stuff back.......it's pretty simple really.

19. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    We have all seen your "masterpiece" and WOW holy sh!t-balls it looks like a sh!t load of f*ck.

Seriously you build computers for a living? It looks like some retarded monkey did all that.

20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    he thinks otherwise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.