Asus eee pc 1215n

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Markushka141, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    Hey everyone, i am going to be a happy owner of this netbook tomorow, I will have the 320gb version of it and i hope will get the USB 3.0 feature.

i watched a lot of videos about this netbook and it's a beast :)
    It will cost me around $445 here in russia.

The 2 core hyper threaded proccesor Atom D525 (1.8 ghz 4 hyper threaded cores), 2gb of ram, ion 2 (gt 218) is like a laptop but with ~5:30 hour life and 1.45kg of weight :)

Also i havent seen a lot of NETBOOKS!!! that can play games like half life 2 (high), crysis on (low), nfs most wanted (high), and other not too old games on low-medium preset.

As well in the near future i will buy for it an SSD drive 64GB and put there 4gb of memory. It will be a real beast! so i will write my opinion of this netbook here in 1-2 days.
    :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  2. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    Also i am going to overclock the cpu to 2.2ghz and the ion 2 to 535 versus 475 by default

Wish me luck with my eeepcPCGamer project :)

3. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    Congrats,

When you consider the ssd, the best in battery life and extremly fast for sata II, especially in the 64gb range, go for a Samsung 470 64gb

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    it's going to be pretty tight for space using windows 7 and installing more than like, 3 games on a 64gb hard drive

5. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    I wish i could buy it, here in russia dont have that one i considered something like OCZ or Intel SSD's

6. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    Everything else i will have on my 500 GB USB 3.0 hard drive, so windows + internet browser + anti-virus + microsoft office + visual studio 2008 it will be ok :) anything else like games will go to the usb HDD

7. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Nice machine but just be wary of the well known power plug pin breaking issue.

8. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    That is something new, didnt heard about that...
    Looked over the internet for pros and cons and didnt find thta, i will be aware.

9. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    Ok so i went for this beast today, its great to have good performance, batery life, and overclock potential.
    I know it sounds weird to hear that a netbook is overclockable but it is :)
    I just love it!
    I will write a mini-review on it right now, here we go.

I got it with 50%~ battery, while installing windows (finishing instalation from asus) it took 20% more, it took like 40 minutes to get it started 0_0
    But after that it is nice to work with this little guy, it brings me performance of a laptop under netbook shell (Eee PC Seashell Series) :)
    Installed standart programms and games like chrome browser, office 2007, and other stuff.
    Everything is working great!
    Nvidia optimus with the latest drivers (275.33) works very well, it switches without a problem to the nvidia gpu.
    Talking about overclock potential i would like to say that after using it i dont wanna do it any more, i tried ocing gpu to 550/1200 clocks but on default is doing well.
    Cs 1.6
    Tactical Ops
    Trials 2 Second Edition
    And other small games running great, of course i wont install something like crysis and say that it runs crap (because of course it will) some old games will run great.
    Everything else about this netbook you can find on the reviews over youtube or overclockers.

Will add soon Ram and will have 4 gb of memory, and an ssd... dunno it resterts in term of seconds, like 30 or so and boots up in 30-40 secs maybe less, but very quick, until it will load very slow i wont change the hdd.
    Thanks for reading this and sorry for my english i am Russian.
    Ask me some wuestions about the netbook, i will answer them :)

10. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Youd do well to join up over at http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewforum.php?id=75

It's quieter these days than it used to be but lots of 1215n users still there and updated driver releases etc.

Make sure you have the most recent BIOS update to enable memory remapping before you upgrade the ram to 4GB+ and while you're at it do a full re-install of windows 7, asus installs masses of bloatware on their machines (same as any other companies) so youll get much better performance with a clean boot of Win7.

Enjoy the great little machine.

11. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    Thanks a lot!

12. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Sadly your going to be very disaponted in that netbook/notebook because it uses the atom processor. I had the same model a week ago and sent it back cuz frankly it sucks both the atom processor and the ion2 are complete trash. What I have now is the leveno x120e with the amd fusion e350cpu and 6310 gpu built into the cpu by amd. It'ts the latest and greatest new fusion tech from amd. The leveno x120e totally blows away the 12xx series you got in every way possible there is not even a comparison. Do yourself a favor and get the best 11.6in out right now its 500.00 dollars with 4gb ram 7200rpm hard drive non glossy screen etc just a wonderful product.
    this is the one I got check out a real computer bud
    http://www.compusa.com/applications...LET328ORDER-_-03order&SRCCODE=WEDBLET328ORDER

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  13. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    He wont be dissappointed, the 1215 and AMD fusion models generally equal performance wise, the processor is slightly weaker (Atom) but not enough to cause much noticable difference. In GPU terms they are fairly close again with most benchmarks showing some gains in different games, the NG-ION has dedicated graphics memory and optimus for power saving which is a plus but is only DX10.1 and limited to a 1x PCI-E channel whereas the AMD is limited to sharing the single channel ram of the system but has DX11 and is a little more powerful I believe.

So really its a fairly close run thing, I went for the fusion due to the DM1 being a really nice case for upgrading as well as a great spec but I seriously considered the 1215N.

14. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I have the older 1201n and love it, it has run 24/7 since i got it in early 2010 and apart from ram coming lose once it hasn't had an issue! Games like nsfmw, flatout 2, cs 1.6 and mainly project diva run great on it and i would only expect the 1215n to be better!

15. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Yep thats what I upgraded from. Lovely machine but the extra battery life of the newer models is great. Shame its limited to 3.25gb ram too :( silly Intel.

16. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    Just overclocked everything, well cpu and gpu :)
    cpu 2.0 ghz (1.8 standart)
    gpu 310m clocks

portal 2 running great, havent tested any other games though

17. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Did portal 2 not run great pre-overclocking?

18. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    it runned ok but was kind of stuttering on 1366 by 768 now smooth as silk ^))

19. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Sorry but your sadly mistaken if your going to play games with the intel d550 atom with nvidia ion gpu. I tried one out and it was pathetic and honestly the atom cpu's struggle to even show webpages. They are comeing out right now as I type this the new amd A series netbooks that totally destroy the atom and available around 500.00 us dollars.

20. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Depend son your idea of playing games. Obviously modern games no but MMO's and older games like oblivion ran fine on my original atom 330/ION and the d550/NG-ION is better than that.

If your 1201/1215N couldn't load webpages then you had something really bad in your setup.