Early build of Cat 11.7 (may or may not be for users)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jun 29, 2011.

1. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    ok cheers but cant i just switch the OGL files from 11.4 to 11.7 like how we can use a different CCC version because i dont see the atiogl file in the folder of Second Life.

2. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Lotro uses only 70% GPU with those drivers, there is something wrong with them :(

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    That's what I was implying earlier when you asked. The file is found in the windows sub directory for the currently installed cat version. My second reply to you explained how to extract the file from a cat driver not installed on your PC. You have to add it to your game directory.

4. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Nevermind im back to amd_catalyst_11.4_preview_win7_march23 yet again. Getting flickering tree textures in SL still since 11.5 although the stuttering seems fixed in these.. i tried a ton of different ways for the OGL but it still shows the version in 11.7 so i give up.
    Every time AMD mess up the OGL i look at nvidia cards just that little bit more and one day i may just go for it,AMD need to pull their fingers outta their arses when it comes to OGL.. i tested BFBC2 with the 11.7's and yea its smoother and higher fps for me,even GTA 4 seems better aswell.

so i'll stick with 11.4 again.. as i have no frickin choice :(

AMD.. sort out OpenGL and stop breaking it after u fix it!!!

Maybe when Second Life upgrades to Havok 2010 Physics engine in August things may change.. but i aint got my hopes up.

Edit.. @Eastcoasthandle, i see u just posted 2 mins before me.. i spent the last 2 hours messing around and had enough.. thanks for the help though i appreciate it :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

5. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    APB Reloaded, Max w/ AAx2
    CCC w/ MLAA enable, force aax2, force af x16 , aa super sample on, AI high quality, and mip mapping high quality

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6017030/img/Games/APB-2011-07-03-03-42-01-92.png

Game plays great, solid frame rate and looks better than ever. Seems like they fix the performance and text issues with MLAA, which is a plus. with mlaa enable, i only set aa " some games " to aax2.

6. Moegames

Moegames Guest

lol so your going back because you had to press the accept button on the agreement? Rotflmao Cry me a river :wanker: You only gotta accept it once brother and thats it...

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Someone needs to learn to read me thinks ;)

8. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Catalyst 11.7 drivers rocks :thumbup:

Only 1st time ;)

Not here, mine idle at 157/300, maybe you need to wipe your overdrive profiles.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I know you only need to accept the agreement once, and thats it, i just mentioned it, as thats now what you have to do, to get access to the Overdrive.

10. jsolo

jsolo Guest

GPU:
    @work:6770,7770,260X
    I've been getting blue screens with 11.7 on my 6570 cards. Either BSOD at bootup, or after a minute idle at the Windows desktop. Downgrading to 11.6a appears to have fixed it. The problem with 11.7 wasn't occurring with 5670 or 6670 cards though so I'm wondering if the clock speeds were fiddled with for only the 6570?

Does anyone know what file(s) or registry entries I would need to inspect to compare default peak and idle clocks across the 2 Catalyst releases? I can't look at the clocks in the 11.7 GUI as the machine will BSOD before I can launch it...

11. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Oooh blue screens with 11.6 first time in many many yrs.

They work so well tho, maybe a little to well that AMD scaled them back for 11.7 perhaps...

-smc

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Wonder when part 2 of that Mojlnor (or whatever it was called) is coming.

13. Marcin89

Marcin89 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    Forcing V-Sync to work with GTA Vice City, GTA III and San Andreas dont working...
    Even using RadeonPro and Ati Tray Tool, but other options like AA working very well....

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    ^ you tried D3DOverrider.

15. Isbre

Isbre Guest

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    I have been trying to get this to work on all kinds of different hardware configurations and with all sorts of tools. It may work for a while, like a few minutes, but it will eventually cut out.

Only solution is to get a 120Hz screen and it will not annoy.

edit

i was only thinking of GTA:SA, but the other GTA's may have similar problems.

But i have noted GTA:SA to have special problems with v-sync

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

16. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    These drivers are perfectly stable for me, and resolved a couple minor issues I was having in various titles.

17. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    *** my bad, gpu-z bug :p ***

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    These are now out as the 11.6b hotfixes, same driver (8.871), but dated the 27th June (so newer than these ones), and also with these, my clocks are perfectly fine :D

19. jarckendar

jarckendar Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon x1650 DDR3 256
    11.7 mobility driver seems good for me but one thing is still missing this is the "adaptive anti aliasing" setting it's gone since catalyst mobility 11.5, does any one else have noticed it or I'm the only one who have this bug?

20. vts60

vts60 Guest

GPU:
    ati mobility radeon hd
    esistono per xp x64??