DX11 and DX10 Vsync Bug

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RavenMaster, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    Non-native res gaming is not the way to go.. :3eyes:

2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Well you failed to grasp my solution. You can switch from custom to native resolution in-game and retain the refresh rate of the custom resolution.

3. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    Ok, i'll try it out when I get home. Thanks.

4. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    You're welcome.

Remember to apply custom resolution in-game then restart the game and apply native resolution, otherwise it'll probably go back to 60 Hz. Also I remember to select custom resolution every time I quit the game (so it's ready to be changed next time). Silly I know, but it works.

5. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    Just tried your suggestion, but you get the same results using "direct refresh" utility. Better yet, you don't have to keep switching resolutions or any of that which IMHO is too much of a hassle.

Anyway it does not really matter if you force refresh, turn vsync on and as a result you get a poorly implemented triple buffering which jumps from 60 to 80 fps constantly making any movement with keys or mouse way too jerky for my taste. And to make matters worse there's the screen tearing. I just ended up playing windowed mode with vsync off for the time being or until nvidia straightens up its drivers.

6. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes

I don't agree with any of that (but then again I don't use SLI either), and now I wonder why you even bothered since you already had your mind set on a different solution.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  7. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    I mentioned in my first post of this thread that single card mode was fine on the tearing bug. I tried your trick hoping it could somehow fix the problem but unfortunately it is still there.

8. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Well with SLI and Vsync on i have no tearing what so ever, but with so many bugs surrounding C2 i dont even know if its drivers or just the game itself.

With the new patch and DX11 the game looks worse for me ... AA no where to be found, AF is totally absent (ground texture's look even worse when looking in a distance).

I only played the game once, and never touched it again, Heck even the demo ran so much better for me :S go figure..
    C1 and Warhead played it till i dropped from my seat during a lan-play with some friends! awesome..
    But C2 .. buwhhaha never gonna buy something from Crytek, the way they spit us in the face time and time again is just pathetic.. :puke2:

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    In my case i have a samsung 32inch 1080p lcd tv as a monitor and my refresh rate drops to 24.What works with me is that when i start playing crysis 2 i pause the game and go to gfx options and turn off dx11 refresh goes back to normal 60 then i turn dx11 back on and refresh rate stays the same.As for 120hz screens don't have one to try out...:)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  10. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    AA is a built-in post-processing shader routine.

r_PostMSAA = 1 (zero is off and there will be jaggies everywhere)

It does an OK job (not great in my opinion), but it blurs the entire scene. Would love to see support for real multisampling modes (because they don't blur), but the way the game was designed, it might be impractical/impossible.

AF is great when I force it through the driver.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011