Xonar 7_12_8_1794 new driver x32 - x64

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by LifeInferno, Jun 29, 2011.

1. keskiverto

keskiverto Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte / GTX460 / 1GB
    What bsod?

2. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    with gx enable and general driver crashes

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    System issues and crashes that happen to you, might not happen to everybody else. I have never seen 1 BSOD using these drivers and I have tested most of these cards. Some incompatibilities are based on other components or software in the system.

4. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    i believe that responde is not for me...

5. keskiverto

keskiverto Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte / GTX460 / 1GB
    More generic response, I think.

One can have easily repeatable BSOD's and random ones. When one has systematic BSOD's and single change removes them, then the change probably made a difference.
    Did atimaniac really have such case?

On the contrary, I have one machine with random BSOD's and they do continue even after removal of Xonar D2X, but not as frequently. The correlation is far from obvious.

6. rotux

rotux Member

GPU:
    GTX460 1GB
    Can anyone comment on the compatibility of current drivers with TES4: Oblivion and Mass Effect 1? When I last tested my Xonar D1, Oblivion would crash when GX is enabled, and in Mass Effect the ambient sounds were too loud and all other sound was practically missing.

7. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    Why even bother with GX mode if it causes crashes? What does it even do? I didn't notice any difference when I tried it out.

All I need for games is to hit the Dolby Headphone button.

8. keskiverto

keskiverto Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte / GTX460 / 1GB
    I think GX is the emulation of Creative's EAX feature. With GX the games that do support EAX can use those effects (to some extent). Not many games do use EAX, I think.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    GX is similar to Creative ALchemy wrapper. GX wraps the high level EAX calls into effect calls the Xonar software can use. It is only required and used for certain games.

10. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Besides the voice changer thing, GX mode is for Vista/Win7 users correct?

Will I see increased/better support for EAX with GX mode enabled in WinXP?

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    in XP, the Xonar support EAX 1 and 2 out of the box. Gx was meant to emulate higher level more for Vista/Win7 as when directsound support was removed some games would revert to plain stereo with zero effects.

So GX helps by supplying effects..directinal cues..etc However, GX is not a perfect match as the higher level EAX standards are closed. I did alot of testing when GX was new and while not quite as good as true hardware based effects, it sure beats having nothing at all when you need it in a game.