Post your game room/station pics #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Mar 18, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Yeah I can imagine you would get a sore back from extended gaming period from not being able to put your chair under it/having to lean slightly forward constantly...unless of course you have disproportionately long arms.

Glass/compund metal or aluminum ( metal for the stands, not the surface of course ) are pretty cheap and my last desk was fine, but I've recently done away with the desk altogether and now have a lounge in front of my HDTV and have a custom cut piece of pine ( not too heavy ( 18mm thick, about 500mm wide and 250mm high ) for my mouse and keyboard and it is not so heavy that it is uncomfortable but not so light that it moves my mouse with the slightest movement ( as is often the problem with 'couch PC mouse/keyboard gaming' ) maybe you'd be more comfy with a single armrest-less chair ( so you can put the surface on your lap without the arm rests getting in the way )

Also putting you speakers on-axis; 35degrees is recommended ( points towards you rather than perpendicular to the wall ) will give you better channel separation and sound in general.

The smaller squares next to the large square that indicates the speakers direction. The large square is simply to indicate the speaker itself.

Notice the small square is at an angle to indicate the direction of the speakers, Dolby, DTS and THX all recommend this.

This is from the audioholics forums though.

[​IMG]

On the dolby setup page they use B&W speakers in their setup diagram, it speaks volumes ( pun intended ) about their quality. Awesome speakers.

I've just bought a new 7.2 and been experimenting myself with positioning and after much resistance come to the same conclusion.

I won't post the rear pics as I think I already did a few pages back, or maybe that was when it was still 5.1 :S:S:S

Front view:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. s88urd

s88urd Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    cheers for the advice buddy, ill move the speakers slightly :)

3. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung

cluttered? theres barely anything on my desk. why would i want to move any of my monitors? 2 monitor setup is essential for my needs. 40" samsung @1080p + 26" samsung @1920x1200

by rating i didnt mean to tell me what you would do different :) everyone has worked out personal preferences in some ways. some require more then one monitor, others might not like desks at all and play from their beds. who am i to judge? i can only input what i enjoy or do.

i wouldnt start trying to tell you what i would change with your setup :) thats not the point of this entire thread :p

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    But I didn't ask for a rating, that's the difference, you have rubbish ( 3 drink containers on your desk ) and a seemingly uncapped syringe ( whether for diabetes or not, it's still f-ed up ) and then you have mismatched monitor sizes and too much stuff on the desk....a kettle............really?, satellite speakers??? what Rating did you expect?

If you didn't like my rating in word format ( which was actually trying to be helpful ) then here it is in number format.

5/10

I'll break it down like IGN if you like.

Criteria:

Atmosphere: cluttered and filthy: 4/10
    Sound: Satellite speakers...speaks for itself: 5/10
    Visual Appeal: Largely dictated by the art design ( which consists of poor cable management over use of doodads ( crap on desk )
    Graphics: The smaller monitor crammed in at an odd angle take away from the excellent picture from the main screen: 7/10

You asked for a rating and you got it, it wasn't an attempt to insult you ( my original suggestion ), take a chill pill and clean that $#!+ up.

5. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:

3 drink containers? i have water and soe energydrink on my desk. and a glass to drink out of. im sorry if you dont know items like that in your daily life.

why should monitor size have to match? its not for multiscreen gaming.

uncapped syringe? you know that alot of thermal paste comes like that? every hardware enthusiast will immediatly recognize it as as5

whats wrong about a 5.1 speaker setup? one of the main reasons for this speaker setup is ability to hear more in situations where other players will hear nothing. thats why i get banned on bad company 2 public servers. with my k/d ratio admins asume im cheating.

some ppl have alot of issues. but you seem to be incredibly thick headed. if its not your way - it must be bad.

6. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Sometimes I have food containers in my gaming area, but it takes all of 3 seconds to clean and you couldn't even be bothered to do that.

Hence why you would be able to move it out of the way with no visual loss but with a large gain in space on the desk, I already knew it was for HTPC stuff which is why I suggested you move it.

Re:Satellite speakers....wtf are you talking about, I'm referring to their limited frequency response..

Ok here's what you were expecting to hear so I'll sooth your ego.

You're a 1337 gamer with your awesome 5.1 satellite setup and your gaming space is tight brua!.

Back on topic now...you got your rating, it's not metacritic, you won't lose sales as a result of a few bad reviews ;) and after all aren't most 'gaming reviews' subjective to a large degree?

I'm sorry that my initial suggestion that re-organising you gaming area might make it more comfortable :S:S:S:S I can see why you would be so offended by that :S:S:S:S

7. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    do you even know what htpc means? i use my monitors for my daily work / research

i could never go back to a single monitor setup. 2 even 3monitors make working so much easier when im cutting or rendering and i need to keep track of things.when i study for a chemistry project at university or work i need my browser tabs up and i need several of them for crossreference etc.

yes small speakers have a limited frequency. so do big speakers. nevertheless this is a good speakersetup for the money that i invested. and i take itover a normal stereo setup any day.

what offends me is the way you pass your judgement. you dont ask what something is for and asume its something "f*cked up" or inferior.

8. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Moved to a new place whole new set up
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  9. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Nothing special, just though I would post a few picks of the current setup.

PC is still running the same specs as shown in the sig.

TV is just a box standard LG 32" LCD which is just mostly used for gaming of movie watching. Main screen is a ViewSonic 24" LCD Monitor (again nothing special). All sound from the PC and Xbox is fed into a NAD C 315BEE which drives the Q acoustics 1030i's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    This what annoys me about my room. Wanted to have my speakers at a 35" angle, but my room is too small. Hopefully once I move out I can have my set up exactly to how I want it. This is very good advice indeed :).

11. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Yeah 6 months ago I was renting a crap place where I didn't have enough room to have my sound setup properly and I even had my rear surrounds and as a result running in 5.1 was pointless so I just ran in mulichannel stereo through my amp.

Now that I moved out I have the loungeroom as my gaming room :)

It's only fair, the mrs had the lounge room at my last house, now she can just chill in our room with her laptop and watch TV and I can set it up perfect.

I've measured the distance and angles from each speaker corner to the back and side walls to make sure they are exactly the same angle and done the same for the other speakers.

Another recommendation from the audio dudes is to have your sub 1/4 of the room's width out from the wall at least otherwise you hear boom rather than than punch and it makes the low end loose clarity. as what you hear is resonating walls rather than sub driver.

12. USFORCES

USFORCES Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780 SLI @ 2560x1600
    Nope no dust, it has a pretty elaborate filter system A lot of people think it's wide open when in fact it has a front glass door if you look close.

13. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    you mean the motherboard doesn't get hot?

14. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    haha, if i had mine like that, i'd be stepping on the SATA cables and trowing the hdds out of the desk every time lol

He means (i think) that its enough to isolate the mobo so it doesnt short out while running. So, "apt for 24/7" :D

15. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    no why should it? no case is usualy cooler then inside a case :) of course this was only for installation purpose and because at the time i was still waiting for my watercooled 2x8800gtx to arrive.

since i couldnt setup the loop i just placed it all on the cardboard box and started installing and configuring everything.

16. soltitade

soltitade Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Lightning 580
    Just moved in to a new apartment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Hell yes. That's PC gaming heaven. I like the case stand too, not on ground= less dust, not on desk= less vibrations/less noise.

The case looks like it has dust filters on all fan filters too. Or maybe I'm going blind/or it looks like it because of picture downscaling blur on the last pic.

But yeah, nice setup.

18. soltitade

soltitade Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Lightning 580
    Thank you very much case is NXTZ Phantom and i love it.I invested alot of time and alot of money in it but i love it!And for some reason second pic of close up monitor,mouse,kb and headset died :p
    Also big thank you to all the ppl of 3D guru for helping me out with hardware.
    Still some work left tho need to get a day to fix cables didnt got the time to do that,and get a decent cooler for processor.

19. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    holy crap, it's been awhile since i've seen a sunbeam transformer :D that was my first full tower case :D :D

20. soltitade

soltitade Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Lightning 580
    Few more freshly taken (hope its not considered spam to post again if so im sorry admin can delete)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last one has nothing to do with gaming(yet) but planing on getting a nice LED Samsung TV and Xbox 360 when friends come over but cant afford that yet.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.