A call to Mods here - Please no more drivers suck threads

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Valagard, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    don't forget about he thread "i'm getting 30 fps with with the game realesed 1 hour ago, is there a magic driver released between the time i install it and now to run it at 100 fps maxed out on my crossfire config"

2. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It says: Why does ATI suck at the drivers so much?
    When you read the first post it is nothing but a rant stating that AMD drivers are worse than Nvidia drivers.
    No proof, no explanation, nothing constructive.

Proper moderation would be to ask the OP to come with a proper explanation of the problem and change the headline to fit just that.

If you think AMD's driver team sucks tell it to them or buy Nvidia instead.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    No, the OP wants AMD flaming threads stopped. BTW, Flamebaiting and trolling are against the forum rules...so, closing those threads would be an enforcement of the rules.

Too simple a solution... A lot of the people complaining about drivers, have been complaining about drivers for 3 generations already. Obviously the drivers can't be that bad if they're still buying the cards.... Either that, or those people lack common sense...

5. Isbre

Isbre Guest

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O

There is a difference between a discussion with good argumentation versus stupid rant.

You can accuse as much as you like how AMD is bad at coding. Just behave like adults and use adult words while you are doing so. And try to make progress towards a solution? If you are not, then i don't see nothing else than rant. Then you can make a "AMD hate blog" instead maybe?

6. eXisor

eXisor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 3gb
    Okay, so I rephrased it.

And as for proof and explanation.... Lol... This a forum, not maths olympiad. Most of the posts here are emotive and very few bother with a scientific approach.

None of which makes his points less valid. In my recollection, and I'm sure in many others, AMD has reintroduced bugs in drivers that have been solved in previous releases. I recall the 3d clocks in 2d mode being fixed and then going awry again.

He set the stage for the discussion and many people took it up. If you and the OP didn't want to, then so be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.